These are release notes for the March 2018 update, released February 28 on Steam and March 23 on Xbox and PS4.
- New hourly event Fight Club - double rep on weapon items.
- Cigarette packs and lighters are now included in Havana Nights.
- New rep reward Oops - for when you folded what would have been the winning hand.
- Boosts can now be purchased in the shop.
- Bankroll and Ring Game leaderboards now represent public games only, not private games.
- Avatars will no longer play with their table item during the player's turn.
- Multiple table item refill gifts from another player will now show in one consolidated message in between hands.
- Adjusted a number of annoying or repetitive ambient sounds.
- Upgraded loot cases are shown as upgraded on the loot case screen.
- Various fixes to improve stability and reduce disconnections.
- In tournaments, the Dead Button Rule affects how the button is moved and the blinds are handled after any players that posted the big or small blinds leave the game. The big blind moves forward to the next active player, the small blind moves to the previous big blind, and the button moves to the previous small blind. If the small blind is on an empty seat, no small blind is posted. A player can effectively be on the button two or more times in a row when the button lands on an empty seat. No player will pay the big blind twice in a row, and no player will avoid paying the blinds. This had a bug that occasionally caused players to be the big blind twice in a row. This is now fixed.
- In ring games, the Simplified Button Rule is used. This occasionally causes players to be the big blind twice in a row, or to be on the button twice in a row, or blinds to skip over players. This update on XB1 and PS4 prevents repeated big blinds, but does not address the other issues. The next update will address those issues by switching to the Moving Button Rule. That change is already live in the current Steam version.
- In rare circumstances, the game can allow you to send an invalid bet to the server, which then rejects your action and causes you to fold. This has been mostly fixed on the server end - instead of rejecting your action and folding, the server will attempt to do what you intended. The full, proper fix is on the client side and will be in the May update for consoles. The client-side fix is currently live on Steam.
- You now get an extra 5 minutes beyond your normal sit out time to rejoin your game after being disconnected.
Check out the Roadmap to see what's coming next!