Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Honestly the only problem I have with sitting is when it's down to the last two. The other night it took me almost 40 minutes to bleed the chip leader. (15k-45k) They obviously DC'd and never bothered logging back in. And I really don't know why I even bothered. It was beyond stupid that I even cared enough to finish the match out.

Otherwise sitting out is fine. Maybe it's a bad table and you wanna wait out the idiots. Or maybe something came up that you need to take care of. Life happens. I frequently step away from the console so I think it's a great feature.

I just wish there was a timer in place for the last two players where it would kick an inactive person after something like 5-10 minutes. They're not going to win and their second place rewards aren't being altered in any way so it'd kind of be a win/win. 1st place is spared the torture of bleeding their opponent and first runner-up still gets their second place winnings.

But this is the last time I'm bitching about this. If it changes, great. If not, then I'll just keep dealing with it. Thankfully it seems to be happening less often as of late.

5 hours ago, Zoltan6201 said:

Additionally, Microsoft has a policy of not allowing cross platform gaming.  Maybe they'll change in the future, but I doubt it.

That's not true.  Microsoft has okayed cross platform gaming for Rocket League.  Sony won't do it.  You can already play several games versus PC player, too.  But Pipeworks would need to get a Windows Store version ready.

• Like 1

I could swear that the last couple of times I've had sitters they were folding immediately.  You need to raise for they just fold.  There is no need to see the table cards until they are busting out.

• Like 1

They do fold/check immediately when they select sit out. If they go afk and let the timer run down every turn, it will auto sit em out after like 5 hands.

Min raising will take their blind every time.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:53 PM, Jayhawker said:

That's not true.  Microsoft has okayed cross platform gaming for Rocket League.  Sony won't do it.  You can already play several games versus PC player, too.  But Pipeworks would need to get a Windows Store version ready.

That's interesting.  Jay is correct. Microsoft announced their change in 2016 at the GDC.  Hopefully Sony does the same.

Is anyone else drawing ire from other players simply from the fact that you are playing tight aggressive poker? I've had two tournaments in a row where another player starts sending me messages telling me I'm a trash player and a noob for not playing more hands. I'm not sitting out, but I am folding a lot. The comments are hate-filled.

At first I thought it was just an attempt to throw me off my game, but having two people from different games say nearly identical things about my play makes me wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Again, I play tight aggressive. I raise when I have good hole cards, generally fold bad cards out of position and will occasionally raise with midrange suited connectors. I rarely limp. All of this leads to a lot of folding, especially if I just get a horrible run of cards, which seems to happen a lot. I've seen my style cause other players to misjudge my ability, which always works to my advantage, disregarding suckouts, but I've never had players start messaging me mid-game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Stinkeye said:

Is anyone else drawing ire from other players simply from the fact that you are playing tight aggressive poker? I've had two tournaments in a row where another player starts sending me messages telling me I'm a trash player and a noob for not playing more hands. I'm not sitting out, but I am folding a lot. The comments are hate-filled.

At first I thought it was just an attempt to throw me off my game, but having two people from different games say nearly identical things about my play makes me wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Again, I play tight aggressive. I raise when I have good hole cards, generally fold bad cards out of position and will occasionally raise with midrange suited connectors. I rarely limp. All of this leads to a lot of folding, especially if I just get a horrible run of cards, which seems to happen a lot. I've seen my style cause other players to misjudge my ability, which always works to my advantage, disregarding suckouts, but I've never had players start messaging me mid-game.

Yes,

It's called intimidation, what their doing is either sitting there with  a good hand waiting to check raise on the river, or playing bingo..

Don't read any messages during the game. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Stinkeye said:

I've had two tournaments in a row where another player starts sending me messages telling me I'm a trash player and a noob for not playing more hands. I'm not sitting out, but I am folding a lot. The comments are hate-filled.

That just means you're doing something right

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Farmer John40 said:

Yes,

It's called intimidation, what their doing is either sitting there with  a good hand waiting to check raise on the river, or playing bingo..

Don't read any messages during the game. 

This is possible. It's also possible that those other players are just jerks, angry that they're being beaten. It could go either way.

26 minutes ago, SevenSideSammy said:

That just means you're doing something right

Yeah, I'd take it as a compliment. If you're frustrating your opponents to the point that they need to berate you, you're clearly throwing them off of their game.

• Like 2

I had a guy message me to move faster once.  And, well, it was late, and I was doing off.  I would wake up to the controller vibrating, play the hand, then next thing you know I'm sleeping again.  Sorry!

There was one guy I beat heads up that sent me a one word message indicating he was homophobic.  Microsoft sent me a thank you message for reporting that.  ;-)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DuplexEmperor said:

The day I get an angry message directed to me will be the day I know I've made it as a real poker player. Can't wait.

May take a while. I've sunk quite a bit of time into Prominence and I've only ever gotten "good game" messages. I'm rootin' for ya though.

But I'm also on PS4 so it may be different than Xbox. I remember all the 12 year olds who banged my mom when I played on the 360. Good times.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:31 PM, SevenSideSammy said:

They do fold/check immediately when they select sit out. If they go afk and let the timer run down every turn, it will auto sit em out after like 5 hands.

Min raising will take their blind every time.

This is where I take issue with the game. 

I have no problem if people sit out.  The game auto folds their cards when necessary.  It's very fast.

The problem that I have is that the game does not have any safeguards to protect active players when people leave the table and do not put their character in sit out mode. 

They should implement a detector that puts a player in sit out mode after five or ten minutes of inactivity. 

I have a real issue with afk players winning pots and receiving reputation while they are not participating.

I honestly cannot understand why people have a problem with other people sitting out.

I, for one, welcome people sitting out (either deliberately or because their connection has dropped). That's one opponent less that you have to worry about. As long as you raise at least once, they are never going to beat your hand, no matter what they have. Even if they have a royal flush, they will auto-fold when you raise.

The less opponents you have to worry about, the better. The more opponents there are in the game, the lower your chances of having a winning hand. Unless you are a master at bluffing.

And if it ends up being just you against the out-sitter, well, congrats, you just won the tournament. Just keep raising every turn and they will auto-fold. You don't even need to look at your hand.

People actually complaining about this, and wanting some counter-measures against it, seems extremely odd to me. Sitting out is not a viable tactic. You are only going to lose money. If it were a viable tactic, people would use it all the time even if actually present and playing normally.

The only problem I see is that most people don't realize that somebody's not present, and don't realize that they can make them auto-fold by betting/raising. Prominence Poker makes it relatively easy to see that somebody's not present: If they never even look at their hand cards, and always check/fold no matter what, it's pretty clear that they are gone. Just raise and you'll make them fold. Easy peasy.

2 hours ago, Warp said:

I honestly cannot understand why people have a problem with other people sitting out.

I, for one, welcome people sitting out (either deliberately or because their connection has dropped). That's one opponent less that you have to worry about. As long as you raise at least once, they are never going to beat your hand, no matter what they have. Even if they have a royal flush, they will auto-fold when you raise.

The less opponents you have to worry about, the better. The more opponents there are in the game, the lower your chances of having a winning hand. Unless you are a master at bluffing.

And if it ends up being just you against the out-sitter, well, congrats, you just won the tournament. Just keep raising every turn and they will auto-fold. You don't even need to look at your hand.

People actually complaining about this, and wanting some counter-measures against it, seems extremely odd to me. Sitting out is not a viable tactic. You are only going to lose money. If it were a viable tactic, people would use it all the time even if actually present and playing normally.

The only problem I see is that most people don't realize that somebody's not present, and don't realize that they can make them auto-fold by betting/raising. Prominence Poker makes it relatively easy to see that somebody's not present: If they never even look at their hand cards, and always check/fold no matter what, it's pretty clear that they are gone. Just raise and you'll make them fold. Easy peasy.

The problem, as I stated, is not so much with sitting out, per se.  The problem is with players who just leave their console afk.  When they are afk it takes the full timer for them to take an action.  This slows play down to a crawl.

If their system automatically placed them in "sit out" status after 5 or 10 minutes of inactivity, then their decisions are automatic and we wouldn't have to wait for the timer to decrease.

Perhaps people are unaware of the "sit out" function, or they don't care.  Either way, PP should reduce the burden by making them be in "sit out" mode of not acting for 5-10 minutes.