Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

15 minutes ago, BedsideFungus89 said:

Sorry I missed this earlier; I was sitting out.

Exactly!!! The same as you missed the point about irrelevant posts and trying to make out that you are funny.

So you are one of those people that go around posting their opinions on message boards and refusing to consider any opinions that differ.  Then making your own pertinent points in caps because you think that it more effectively gets your point across since we all obviously must be stupid because we don't agree with you.  Then trying to infer that our intellectual capacity is inferior to yours because we disagree and so you have to DRAW OUR ATTN WITH GIMMICKS AND SHINY OBJECTS.  The problem isn't what we lack in understanding, it's that you're complaining about LOSING TO GHOSTS!!!

I know that you have read the posts, and interpreted them to suit your agenda and dismissed everything else as IRRELEVANT.  Ironically the EXACT same thing you are accusing me of doing with your "small" words.

How do I know?  I don't but I can assume by your hateful, defensive, and antagonistic posturing that you derive some pleasure from getting up on your little soapbox to lecture us about how wrong we are and I can't imagine you'll pass up the opportunity to respond to this since you so obviously have to have the last word.  

That would mean that I was joking about your caps lock coming across as shouting but I'm guessing you don't smile or laugh very often.  People like me can actually see both letters fine, capitalized or not.  I just DON'T CARE about your opinion.

Edited by BedsideFungus89
Btw, I loved you in Miami Vice.

2 hours ago, Hecubus912 said:

If it is an exploit, it's an exploit that is in live poker too. Once the tourney starts, if you're not there at the beginning or leave during, your blinds go into the pot. Just as in Prominence. 

Kudos to Jay for an excellent post. I'll also point out though that nobody loses to sitters. You lose because you get into a hand with a person who is actually playing who takes your chips. The sitter is only a spectator who has chips at the table who happened to outlast you. 

Frankly, I'd rather play with a sitter at the table than some clod who pushes every hand and happens to get lucky cracking my AA because he happened to hit a good flop. 

AGAIN???

This is an exploit used by people who have no intention of playing!!!

Yes it is a game on a console and the money isn't real. So for those of you that still don't get the fair play concept...

In live poker, with real money, would you pay the buy in for a tournament with no intention of attending???

If you wouldn't.

Then what are you commenting about, you should be in favour of fixing something that is not true in the real game.

YOU DO LOSE TO SITTERS!!!

If you are in a game, with 1 player who doesn't play a hand because they are playing a different game(The Sitter). The other players are playing to win. Players will defeat others as in any competition. These players were defeated by another player long before the away player was out of chips(try my experiment to see how long this is and what the blinds are when you get there). This means they LOST TO THE SITTER!!! Irrespective of who actually defeated them. Especially so since the introduction of ranked tournaments and the points awarded/deducted for finishing position.

Check what I have been informed that PS4 has done in previous post.

The rank points need to be changed once you play the minimum 5 games & get a score.

it should be something like 35 points for 1st, 20 points for 2nd, 10 points for 3rd, points for 1 point for 4th & 0 for 5 & 6th.

its disappointing to play in ranked & finish 3rd & then loose rank points, it feels like you're being penalized for a 3rd place, it's extremely difficult to get into a rank game with players that are either ranked or have a higher rank score, most players that I've came across are either unranked or have less than 950 points, which means I'm taking a hit for any place I finish. @ClearConscious

• Like 1

Want to add my total support to the original poster and all the subsequent comments made by Michael Thomas. If you can’t see the problem then there is no hope for you.

3 minutes ago, Blaze-Nine said:

I feel like my brain is melting. 

LOL.  I don't really have much of an opinion either way honestly.  If PP devised a way to lose the sitters, I'm fine with it.  I'm also fine with sitters being there.  It doesn't really matter to me either way.  The only time I've felt sitters were tedious was when I had 3 in one game and only 2 people were actively playing.  That sucked balls.

My biggest problem with this thread is that I'm really getting tired of listening to all the incessant bitching.

Tis the season bitches, how about being a little thankful and counting your blessings?  The game was FREE, like an ugly Christmas sweater. Wear that damn sweater with pride or bury it in a drawer somewhere, but stop complaining about it PLEASE.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Blaze-Nine said:

I feel like my brain is melting. 

That's one of the side effects of video game forums.

Others include:

- loss of bladder control

- bleeding from the eyes

- thoughts of suicide

• Like 3

Explain to me like I'm a six year old. How do you lose to sitters?

They don't take a single one if your chips. They never raise you out of a pot. They don't win hands that they could've won if they're playing. All they do is put their blinds in the pot every time it comes around to them. 

Meanwhile, you have a chance to win chips and if you lose chips, it is because another player has a better hand than you. The sitter had absolutely nothing to do with you losing those chips. You would have lost them regardless. 

So the complaint seems to be that sitters finish in a higher position. You think that means you lost to them. You could also complain that other players didn't lose their chips as fast as you did. You lost to them too. 

You might have the same complaint about someone playing a super tight range. The effect is the same: you only lose chips if you're in a pot with the worst hand. If you have a problem with sitters, last long enough to take their chips. 

For myself, I'm happy to blind someone out if I'm heads up at the end. Frankly, I think this is not a huge problem in as much as I doubt it happens often and when it does, it has little effect on the game. Moreover, it is a legitimate strategy. 

Worry less about where other people finish and how they got there. Focus on where you finish and how you play. 

• Like 1

I don't like waiting for the sitters' timer to count down all the way for their action to be taken.  It should be instantaneous.  If they miss a hand because they are afk, that's their loss.  It should not be delaying the gameplay by adding extraneous time to the hand when players are not actively participating.

Obviously this should not apply to players who are not "sitting out"

I had a ranked heads up tournament when the opponent went permanently afk.  I went "All-in" on every hand and "showed" my hand every time to increase my reputation score.  It was annoying.   It really demonstrated how the "sitting out" timer really sucks.

In the very least, PP should not allow the sitters to earn rep.

I hope they recognize the PS4 decision and apply the same rule to all players.

1 hour ago, Zoltan6201 said:

I hope they recognize the PS4 decision and apply the same rule to all players.

Uh, what PS4 decision? Both console versions of Prominence Poker are identical.

3 minutes ago, Farmer John40 said:

Nex, can a person play simultaneously on different platforms using different user-ids and gamertags?

Can PS4 players play XB1 players?

No PS4 players can't play XB1 peeps.

1 hour ago, ClearConscious said:

No PS4 players can't play XB1 peeps.

Any plans for that? I know some other games have cross-platform play, namely Rocket League between PC and PS4, I don't know if that sort of thing can be patched in though. 

I regularly come across this and its a problem.

My worst case was when a player won 30k then went on sit out.

and when it got down to the last 3 I was the only one remaining. As both the other 2 where on sitout or had disconnected and the game replaced them with a bot.

Blinds were still at 100...

The time it took me to get both the bots down to Zero was very annoying, Only good thing was the amount of Free rep I gained taking a player from 30k to Zero winning every hand all in.

If the rep was still like it was for quite a few months before the update... IE not getting any because of cap.

I would have just quit the game and bitched alot more on the forums.

copied from your post : If the rep was still like it was for quite a few months before the update... IE not getting any because of cap.

If you advance your rank within your affiliation. at a cost of 25k, or change your affiliation, then your challenges are refreshed.  This gives you the opportunity  to advance your rep. 

1 hour ago, Farmer John40 said:

copied from your post : If the rep was still like it was for quite a few months before the update... IE not getting any because of cap.

If you advance your rank within your affiliation. at a cost of 25k, or change your affiliation, then your challenges are refreshed.  This gives you the opportunity  to advance your rep. 

I was at the highest possible ranks in all affiliations, quite a while before the update.

but thanks for offering the information anyway.

Current rank : 396

Edited by BL1P

On ‚Äé12‚Äé/‚Äé15‚Äé/‚Äé2016 at 9:14 PM, Blaze-Nine said:

Excellent points by Jay. 

Also, at least on PS4, in tournaments, if a player leaves a tourney to play another game, or backs out to the menu, their avatar will leave the tourney and take the lowest spot not yet claimed. They will not continue checking/folding. 

This was updated, as when the game first came out, they would check/fold forever, but no more. 

For Nex

Edited by Zoltan6201

2 hours ago, Zoltan6201 said:

For Nex

Okay, hold on a second. THAT post was where people got this idea that there was a "PS4 decision?" o.O

Again, both console versions are identical, have always been identical, and will continue to be identical (outside of platform-specific promo stuff like the PS Plus bundle).

Has anyone considered the possibility that players are folding and checking repeatedly on purpose? Based on the outrage here, it seems like an effective strategy to put your opponents on tilt. Sure, a few people might see through the ruse and slowly drain your chips with very little effort, but there's also good odds they'll get frustrated, log off, and hand you the win.

17 hours ago, Blaze-Nine said:

Any plans for that? I know some other games have cross-platform play, namely Rocket League between PC and PS4, I don't know if that sort of thing can be patched in though. 

It's something we'd love to do, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Cross-platform play requires a lot of unusual cooperation between the companies that own the platforms, and unless you stand to make them a truckload of money, it's unlikely they'll be willing to expend the effort.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nex said:

Has anyone considered the possibility that players are folding and checking repeatedly on purpose?

It's easy to spot. 

The first clue is that the player never checks their hole cards.

The second clue is that the timer winds completely down before the player takes any action.  The only actions they take are check if no bet was made and they are on the BB or they fold.

The third clue is that it happens over and over again.

If someone is strategically check/folding, they usually check their cards or the timer does not get to fully wind down to the same mark.  It would be like trying to stop a stop watch on the 5 second mark.

55 minutes ago, Nex said:

It's something we'd love to do, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Cross-platform play requires a lot of unusual cooperation between the companies that own the platforms, and unless you stand to make them a truckload of money, it's unlikely they'll be willing to expend the effort.

Additionally, Microsoft has a policy of not allowing cross platform gaming.  Maybe they'll change in the future, but I doubt it.