Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
ClearConscious

Introducing Ranked Games & The Spades Affiliation!

Today is the big day for Prominence Poker! At long last, we’re thrilled to announce that our much-anticipated update is now available to download on Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. This update brings a ton of new features to Prominence Poker and lays down a great foundation for the game going into 2017. Many thanks go out to the community for all their support, patience, and feedback since launch; we couldn’t do it without you!

Big Updates

•         The Spades Affiliation

o   New Venue: Motherland Meats

o   New Underground content

o   New Rewards

•         Affiliation Rank 4

o   50 additional levels per affiliation

•         Ranked Games

o   Ranked Rewards

o   Ranked Seasons (1 calendar month)

o   Ranked Leaderboards

o   Ranked Nameplates

•         New Achievements

VenueShot.png

Notable Changes

•          Daily Cut Reward values have been increased 5X
  •          New Shop Items (including holiday specific items)
  •          All Shop Items will have their unlock levels removed and can be purchased at level 1

ShopShot.jpg

Bug Fixes

Fix Summary

•          Various crash bugs have been fixed
  •          Various disconnection bugs have been fixed
  •          Fixed localization bugs
  •          Various fixes have been made to the UI, including the Radial Action Menu (RAM)

Notable Fixes

•         Fixed a bug where joining the game through the friends list after the friend had left triggered a pop-up and prevented the player from joining the game
  •         Fixed a bug where the game would enter an unresponsive state for an extended period of time when the player exited a tournament during an all-in situation
  •         Fixed a few issues with voice chat in which certain conditions prevented people from using it
  •         Fixed a bug that caused players to force check/fold
  •         Fixed an instance where voice communication would persist outside of the game in some instances
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, ClearConscious said:

Let us know what you think!

Looks GREAT Clear!

I've joined the Spades and played 5 ranked tourneys plus 1 casual tourney.

The tables fill quickly and the games appear to be issue free.

Thanks Pipework's! 

the Ranked tourneys need a sitout timer/ inactivity timer. I have played 2 tourneys where one player will just sit out the rest of the tourney and make a long drawn out process. It's rather infuriating.

Is there a place to find that summary of the tiers for ranked games?  I remember seeing it when I was still in the provisional stages, but I've looked around and can't find any references to it anywhere else.

If it's not in a help menu on the game, it there any way someone can post a recap of it here?

46 minutes ago, BedsideFungus89 said:

Is there a place to find that summary of the tiers for ranked games?  I remember seeing it when I was still in the provisional stages, but I've looked around and can't find any references to it anywhere else.

If it's not in a help menu on the game, it there any way someone can post a recap of it here?

There should be a button that allows you to pull up the tiers on the Ranked menu.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DuplexEmperor said:

Love the new Ranked mode! It's all I want to play now. Would you be able to share with us how you calculate gains and losses to a players rank? 

Lead Designer of Prominence Poker here.

The Rating system in Prominence is based on a variation of an ELO Rating System (Used by the International Chess Rating System), with the addition of some variations in order to Facilitate for 6 players in an All vs. All situation.

The system builds a simple distribution of player ratings around a norm of N points (we use 1000 in Prominence), then awards or deducts points based upon wins and losses, with the total sum of all points in the system staying constant per season. The Rating system takes the scores of the 6 opponents and calculates a statistical chance of winning based off those scores. Players are then ranked and rewarded according to their comparative scores within the Ranked Leaderboards.

The rating system in Prominence will treat the tournament placements as a series of duels, computing the new scores for each duel independently, and then averaging the values for each player.

After each player is knocked out it uses the difference between the calculated chance of winning when the match started and the actual results.

The difference between the two probabilities is then applied to the maximum amount of points allowed per match.

So basically, players who are knocked out of the tournament who are higher rated than you award you more points then a knocked out player who is lower rated. And thus being knocked out of a table with higher rated players will result in less points being taken from you than if you were knocked out of a table where you had the highest rating.

With this being said, the loss of 44 points could have occurred if you the games you lost were against players who were much lower rated than you.

We really want to know how the rating system feels to the players and would love all of your feedback. Does it feel rewarding? Too difficult? Please let us know and thank you for playing Prominence Poker!

43 minutes ago, ClearConscious said:

@ClearConscious

if 44 points is the most you can looks, what's the most you can earn & what do you need to do to get the top points as I seem to be penalized for finishing 3rd in games against lower rep players.  Booooo

i don't understand the purpose of the 5 provisional games if your only hope is to make it to silver, which didn't even happen for me. I won 3 games outright and came in second in one and fifth in the other (due to a bad beat against a donkey). I was placed in bronze and since that time I've been slogging it out to get into silver. I'm two points away, but now get to look forward to starting over in two days. This is really not rewarding for those of us in the top 50 on the leader board. Why not give a wider range of points for 1st and 2nd place? If you can't do that, then do not wipe out the rankings every month. Let the best rise to the top. Poor players will not get there, and if they get on a lucky streak, they wouldn't be able to stay long against solid players. 

Also, I know it would be more complicated, but I would like points to be awarded for 1) bad beats, 2) raising with the best hand, and 3) folding the worst hand in face of a raise. 

I'm enjoying the game so far, but dreading the reset. Thanks for listening!

If our ranking always reset after each season of ranked games, nobody is going to reach the gold level and higher. Also, the bug that makes a player fold instantly even if he did absolutely nothing, has not been fixed liked you said it was on the update info.