Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Peanutman74

How to not let bad beats frustrate you in ranked tournaments

Recently in ranked tournaments I've had lots of bad beats. In the past 20 all ins I've had before the flop I've lost 15.  10 of these 15 I had around a 70% chance to win. In the other 5 I was at around 82% chance to win. I lost them all. This is very frustrating and the frustration starts to effect my game negatively. Any tips on how to not let being almost unbelievably unlucky frustrate you in ranked tournaments? Cheers guys.

Edited by Peanutman74
More reasonable than last one.

Going all-in preflop is a very amateur move unless you're down to your last few chips. You'll never see it in a pro game until maybe the final two head-to-head face off. Yes, you can make a large bet to try and push off people holding rags, but poker is a game of information and you have none until you see a flop.

The fly on the ointment is here, you’re also playing against amateurs. 

I recently had someone shove on me preflop with 23 off vs my KK. Sure enough he ran out his straight. Sometimes, you just can’t avoid the bad beat. 

To avoid most bad beats on the river,  Don't let the hand reach the rver.  If you have trips on the flop and the wait for someone to chase a flush or straight to the river, whose fault is that?  Over bet and take a smaller pot.

Ranked tourneys are different than ring games,   And free online games are different than live games.