Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
AceOfSpades

Will there ever be another update for Prominence Poker ?

Since summer 2018 there have been no update..no roadmap..no communication regarding the development of Prominence Poker.

Is the game "Dead" from the developers point of view ??

Maybe the (low) income from the game did not justify further development....

Either way,it would have been nice with some words from someone related to the development of Prominence Poker.

Thanks in advance...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AceOfSpades said:

Since summer 2018 there have been no update..no roadmap..no communication regarding the development of Prominence Poker.

Is the game "Dead" from the developers point of view ??

Maybe the (low) income from the game did not justify further development....

Either way,it would have been nice with some words from someone related to the development of Prominence Poker.

Thanks in advance...

It appears that further development of PP is not cost effective.  ie. it would not attract enough new players to make such development pay for itself.

Any concerns about the functionality of PP should be brought to the attention of 505games by selecting 'support' and opening a ticket.  They, would contact Pipeworks if it were necessary.  Complaints about not winning as often as you think  you deserve should be kept to a minimum.

Although I'm not part of the development team, I have moderator privileges within this forum.

I hope this helps. 

• Confused 1

I'm winning enough,but playing it since start I see the faults in the game..including how the card play works. So much weird ways to get beaten that dont happen in the real world,at the rate it does in this game.

Having 80 mill i know my Poker.

When as you state it's not cost effective and at the same time i read in other posts that there are thousands of players active each month..then i wonder what it takes to support a game as simple as Poker.

And also it's a reminder to buyers of game released by certain companies...that they are not too committed to keep updating the game. You see my point.

As theoretically the best Poker game for the consoles,its a pitty that the company do not see the value in showing support for their product.

It's not all about the money it's also about the reputation it gives, abandoning the game and its users.

20190605_094822.jpg

• Like 2

Just started back playing after a long hiatus. In regards to updates, we didn't get everything we wanted. But at least matchmaking for Ranked Games is working properly, it seems.  

I still think this game has potential to be far greater, but it seems we have to settle with what we have currently. With that being said I think the devs did a great job with the foundation for this game, but the lack of updates and improvements is disappointing. I was ready to spend some money on this game since it was free to play. F2P games must operate a certain way in order to gain, keep, and have a healthy profitable player base. That operation must include continuous updates, improvements, and digital content. We didn't get that here. 

Another game I play by the name of Apex Legends has had to figure out the F2P model the hard way too. Creating a F2P game and keeping it vibrant is not unique to just Prominence, it applies to all games. The F2P model has been working out great for Epic, I don't understand why other devs won't follow suit. 

But anyways... beggars can't be choosers 😜

• Like 1

The answer is we would like to keep updating the game, but there's factors outside our control, without getting into too much detail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another way of saying the studio and developers realized what they had and made illegal for them to update it pastvthe verison that is licenced. Just when i thoughtvid flund a legit poker community for my ps4 lol

On 6/28/2019 at 2:49 PM, Admin said:

The answer is we would like to keep updating the game, but there's factors outside our control, without getting into too much detail.

Well I hope something changes. I like your game. We asked for basic text chat and more casual tourney options, at minimum. That shouldn't be to much of a hassle.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:57 PM, Farmer John40 said:

It appears that further development of PP is not cost effective.  ie. it would not attract enough new players to make such development pay for itself.

Any concerns about the functionality of PP should be brought to the attention of 505games by selecting 'support' and opening a ticket.  They, would contact Pipeworks if it were necessary.  Complaints about not winning as often as you think  you deserve should be kept to a minimum.

Although I'm not part of the development team, I have moderator privileges within this forum.

I hope this helps. 

Charge a few bucks to get the game. Hell, people are paying for stuff once they're in.

8 hours ago, AintNoEndLeft said:

Charge a few bucks to get the game. Hell, people are paying for stuff once they're in.

Thankfully, I no longer have moderator privileges' ( I don't know why I had them).

Your suggestion is a good one.

😄