Sign in to follow this  
narlymech

People should show their cards more

3 posts in this topic

I always show mine.  You get the muck it reward and I don't find that it gives any great advantage not to show them.

2 hours ago, narlymech said:

I always show mine.  You get the muck it reward and I don't find that it gives any great advantage not to show them.

It depends.  I don't want to show the table that I was bluffing, and other times I want to show the table that I really did have the winning hand..

The advantage is you're not giving away free information.  Not that most people are paying all that close of attention on Prominence, but generally speaking in poker it's not a good idea to let people repeatedly see how you play your hands.  They'll start to identify patterns in your betting style and have a better idea in later hands what you have before you show them.  This makes you easier to play against.

show 1 card to get the muck it reward rather than both.

Stopping short of spouting off a bunch of unsolicited advice, bear in mind how people are going to react when you show hands depending on whether you're showing good hands or bluffs. It will certainly influence how people react to your bets in later hands.

• Like 1