greg0422

One more tournament to win!

6 posts in this topic

I shall have my first diamond finish this season.  Just one more tournament win in my way... wish me luck!

pp.JPG

4 more days left in the season and I'm giving up. I went up another 6 points, then down 30 on a horribly bad beat.  Then down again, then up, then down.. I'm still platinum but I am losing more than winning at this point so screw it I guess I'll wait for next season.

So depressing to get that close and not make it... I know skill should win out over the long run vs. luck, but it seems like luck has a huge amount to do with it once the value of the blinds goes up. I seriously was dealt 7-2 offsuit four times in a row. I suppose I had my share of good luck too, but seriously, if someone goes all-in on me with three cards to a straight and makes the straight with runner runner one more time I am going to scream.

If it's any comfort, you're not alone.  I too have been going back and forth in the platinum ranking for the kast 10 days.

Yesterday, I flopped a Ace high flush and overbet the rest of the hand, only to be beat by a player who made a full house on the river, 2's over 7's.  Today, my   Q's over J's full  house was over ruled by K's over Q's when he just checked thru the river, and let me destroy myself.

Two seasons ago, I reached the diamond rank with 1 hour left in the season.  Last season. I drug myself up from silver to finish 4 points into platinum. 

Currently I'm at 1246, so we shall see what the rest of the season does to me.

• Like 1

Good luck!

I lost platinum a couple seasons ago and never got it back so I'm just going to settle for it this season and shoot for diamond again next time. I've been playing my wife's profile in the meantime. What's interesting is that I've had a lot more fun cruising through silver. The games go a lot faster. I even tried dropping down to bronze once and got 2nd there for a measly 8 points. I don't usually try that. I did  hit gold on her account today and so far I'm about halfway to platinum.  Hell maybe I'll make diamond there, ..but not likely.

I tell you, anything can happen.  I made platinum on my wife's account and the score is even higher than mine. Funny thing is that the last game I won I was down to one big blind on three separate occasions.