Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:31 AM, whitep0ny84 said:

Any chance of PLO being introduced? 

I wish, would add a lot of life and variety to the game.  All they have to do is add deep stack holdem (I mean really, how hard is it to allow us to buy in for more big blinds from the start!!?)  and the great game of Pot Limit Omaha.   I think they focused their strategy early on the tournament scene, when they should have focused on the ring game side first.  Its a shame as they had a window to make this game truly great.  Instead they decided it would be too expensive to develop the game further, and as a result the game stagnates slowly.   All it takes is deep stack holdem (really its easy, let us buy in for more from the start, not hard) and PLO and some marketing and this game will be booming again. 

Oh well, enjoy the game while the lights are still on.

I'll just throw this out here again; would it honestly be too much to ask whether or not this game has been abandoned, defunded, shelved, or whatever may have happened to it?

Obviously something didn't go quite as planned and yes, I'm also sure it's likely out of anyone here's control, but to have all of these updates planned/outlined and to not see a single word posted about them months after they were supposed to be implemented unfortunately doesn't exactly entice me to support the future endeavours of this company. Nothing has been said at all about this game, but Pipeworks's Twitter account has been promoting another game. However, the Twitter account specifically for Prominence hasn't seen activity since April of last year!

https://mobile.twitter.com/pipeworks

https://mobile.twitter.com/prominencepoker?lang=en

I'd like to think that perhaps future progress and news regarding the next update (that of course my actual instincts tell me that we will never see) are simply delayed a bit, but that seems a bit off to me and until something is said otherwise, I'm going to go with the notion that this game is over and done, but will continue to run on auto-pilot for months, years, or wherever the virtual chip sales and boost sales dry up.

With all due respect, I think consumers have the right to know - free game or not, it's still bad business in my opinion to promise and promote updates and not deliver. It is, without a doubt, infinitely worse when that happens and nothing is said, leaving everyone in the dark and bound to be even more disappointed in the end.

Edited by -LN-

LN

You, of course, are entitled to your own opinion.  I'm curious, about the updates you feel were promised and  were never delivered.   What improvements would you suggest?   Without any positive ideas to improve PP, you become just another negative troll that appears in this forum for a few rants,

Which platform are you using?  I'm on XB and I've never noticed a lack of players.  Indeed scanning the leaderboard shows a solid base of tens of thousands of players.   My PC version has maybe 5,000.  Perhaps you could provide evidence of your claim of any decline in players.  I have observed that nobody plays the cheap seats in casual tourneys anymore.

Their are few players playing on the PC platform, but PP was designed to be played on PS4 or XB, were it has its greatest following.  Each of the platforms are separate from the other, 

2 hours ago, Farmer John40 said:

LN

You, of course, are entitled to your own opinion.  I'm curious, about the updates you feel were promised and  were never delivered.   What improvements would you suggest?   Without any positive ideas to improve PP, you become just another negative troll that appears in this forum for a few rants,

Which platform are you using?  I'm on XB and I've never noticed a lack of players.  Indeed scanning the leaderboard shows a solid base of tens of thousands of players.   My PC version has maybe 5,000.  Perhaps you could provide evidence of your claim of any decline in players.  I have observed that nobody plays the cheap seats in casual tourneys anymore.

Their are few players playing on the PC platform, but PP was designed to be played on PS4 or XB, were it has its greatest following.  Each of the platforms are separate from the other, 

Lol, I'm suddenly a troll because I point out things that do not sing the unbiased praises of this company and/or game and ask questions that deserve an honest answer? That's a bit low and uncalled for, don't you think? I could ask why you so passionately show up and without question, defend this game and company on an almost religious level. However, I get it - you enjoy the game and that's fine; I ask these questions because it's obviously a waste of time offering suggestions if this game has been abandoned or halted. Have you not read the Road Map threads? Are there not update details laid forth, far past their ETA and never implemented? Has anything been said for months?

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm simply pointing out what I see and openly asking questions. I play on PS4, but where exactly are you going with this decline in players angle? I never said that x amount of people have stopped playing; I'm talking specifically about this place here and the silence in regards to well, everything now. Does that not seem a bit off to you?

About a fraction of the options from their previous poker game would probably be sufficient enough - easier to find and host tournaments, more than six players, incentives for placing high in ranked play and the reworking of ranked play on several different levels, getting rid of the showing that you're about to fold or bet before it's your turn - such actions would get you warned and then banned from any real poker room or you'd be ostracized by the entire table and forced to leave in shame, and the list goes on, etc. etc. But either way, it doesn't matter at all what I suggest or anyone suggests  if the game isn't going to be updated anymore. Some of us would like to know and I don't think that is too much to ask for.

Edited by -LN-