K0chana

This game can be brutal.

5 posts in this topic

You guys know what's REALLY fun? Sitting in a game for an hour and a half, and winning ZERO HANDS ALL F***ING GAME. And no, it's not like I'm just playing stupid moves or betting on stupid plays. No. What I'm saying is, I play a game for an hour and 30 minutes and EVERY SINGLE HAND I GET IS ABSOLUTE SHIT. NOTHING. ZILCH. NADA. This game is actually so unfair sometimes, it's unbelievable. I'll get the weekly bounties and play a game, come back and it tells me I won 0 hands during the game. I'm not a bad player. But this game is rigged, and a waste of time. 

3 hours ago, K0chana said:

You guys know what's REALLY fun? Sitting in a game for an hour and a half, and winning ZERO HANDS ALL F***ING GAME. And no, it's not like I'm just playing stupid moves or betting on stupid plays. No. What I'm saying is, I play a game for an hour and 30 minutes and EVERY SINGLE HAND I GET IS ABSOLUTE SHIT. NOTHING. ZILCH. NADA. This game is actually so unfair sometimes, it's unbelievable. I'll get the weekly bounties and play a game, come back and it tells me I won 0 hands during the game. I'm not a bad player. But this game is rigged, and a waste of time. 

I feel your pain.  What I discovered was that the other players realized that I was trying  to not lose, and took advantage of me.  They'd over bet on the flop to chase me from the hand. 

Rather that sit there waiting for a killer hand, go aggressive!   The time to take chances and establish your style with the other players is while the blinds are small and the loses are minimal.  When a high card is on the turn, over bet!    Taking risk is preferred to sitting there in frustration for over 2 hours.

see you at the tables.

I can't say for sure that the cards are randomized properly, but I think that experienced poker players all know that there are runs of bad cards that can last for a long time, and then runs of good cards too.  I've had games where I lost every hand, but usually it's because I folded a lot of hands that ended up being straights, flushes, and full houses.  I still don't consider it a bad choice to fold those hands because it's better to have a solid strategy than it is to play hoping you'll get lucky.

• Like 1

Tell that to the unluckiest player on the planet, yep, me!

99% of my hands end up losing, no matter how I play.

Every pair I get is beaten by a better pair, every 2 pair by 3 of a kind, every 3 by a straight, every straight by a better one or flush, every flush by a better one, full house or 4 of a kind, every full house by a better one & so on & i'm not even joking.

That's assuming I actually get a hand. Nearly everything I throw away ends up winning & everything I play ends up losing because I don't even get a pair.

I can't get a break. 

If I land a full house, say 3 8's & 2 kings, my opponent has 3 kings & 2 8's when the other 2 of each are on the table. I'll have the 8, the other player has the king, the other 2 kings & 8's are shown.

This is nearly every time I play a hand.

Anything I throw away ends up as a better pair, straight, 3 of a kind, full house etc & usually beats the people who went all in at the start or when the first 3 cards are drawn.

It's so frustrating.

It usually takes me weeks to get a silver rank on any tournament, while I see other players on gold or higher within the first 4 hours of the reset.

I end up being first out whenever I take a risk & get nowhere playing cautiously.

The worst part of it is that it's usually the very last card that causes the loss as well, which infuriates me even more.

More often than not, it's the only card that will result in a loss too, say I need a jack to complete a straight, king high, but not a diamond, then that last card happens to be a jack of diamonds,  & I lose to the flush.

So I really do feel your pain.

Edited by Paul Roberts
To save an extra post

Here's one for you  -

I was playing conservatively and bombed out of a tournament that I sat in going up and down for an hour. First one out. Negative 30 points.

So I decided to play another and try to get some points back. The very first hand I'm big blind and I get Ace-9 of spades. Nice hand, but I just check with the big blind.

The flop comes and there's a 9, a J, and a 3. I've got middle pair and an Ace, but there's only one spade so my flush isn't looking good. I check to see what happens and everyone checks around.

The turn comes and it's a 9. Woohoo I have three of a kind. One guy bets 450 so I raise him to 2k, but he re-raises me to 4k.

I look carefully again at the board and a straight is not possible, nor a flush. I suppose he might have a full house but he'd have to have a 9 and there's only one more out there.... I'm thinking he has some kind of pocket pair and the only thing that beats me is if he has two jacks in his hand to make three jacks total.  Maybe he just has top pair. Or, he puts me on a jack and he has two queens or two kings or two aces. That would be just fine with me. I mean what are the chances he will make a set on the river anyway.

I decide to go all in. He calls me and I was right he has a pocket pair of 10's.  Personally I wouldn't have gone all in with 10's if a jack is on the board, but ok.. whatever.  It's his loss, I'm 99% sure I will win this with three 9's.

What comes up on the river?  A ten of course.  Trip 9's beaten by trip 10's. I'm busted out and just lost 60 points in two tournaments in a row.

So I really do feel your pain too.

Edited by greg0422