Sign in to follow this  
JenkinMeyer

Thank You Devs

9 posts in this topic

You listened to the players.  The new system for finding ranked games is exactly as I had wanted.  It is now fast, smooth, and easy to get into a game and into the tier you want.  Great job and thanks.

P.s. It's exactly as I lined out back in the "finding any" thread.  I rule.  I mean you rule.

now about that river.....

Thank again, love the update.

JenkinMeyer

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words. The team at Pipeworks has gone above and beyond with this game. I'm really proud of the team. This constant iteration wouldn't be possible without the community's support. So thank you. We love you guys and the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate what the team has does and love your game, i've had several yet to try £30 games in my library for a year but im still playing prominence poker instead. But there are issues.. most of which have been mentioned enough. The main issue now though is to many friends are abusing this new ranked lobby. Three times today Ive found myself against a team of three, it happened before but not as easily as it is now.

56 minutes ago, AcePC said:

appreciate what the team has does and love your game, i've had several yet to try £30 games in my library for a year but im still playing prominence poker instead. But there are issues.. most of which have been mentioned enough. The main issue now though is to many friends are abusing this new ranked lobby. Three times today Ive found myself against a team of three, it happened before but not as easily as it is now.

Could you supply evidence that players are cheating?  My experience when playing with 4 or less players is that play gets more serious and requires a different strategy. 

And would you please start a new thread on this topic so that more attention could be directed to your claim.

Edited by Farmer John40

I wanted to edit the above but for some reason the edit screen locked up and then I had to wait 15mins to try and sign into the site again.

This is what I wanted to edit/add on to it-

I appreciate what the team has done and love your game, i've had several yet to try £30 games in my library for a year and im still playing prominence poker instead. But there are issues.. most of which have been mentioned enough. The main issue now though is to many friends are abusing this new ranked lobby. 

The ranked tournment that I just had an made me make this comment was with a 3 friend team and two friends/maybe an alt on the same table as myself. The three friend team spent ages every hand looking at their cards and communicating. It doesn't matter that I got first I still feel It's not right to help this type of gameplay.

@Farmer John40I do not condemn players that play together or with alts as cheaters and I use steam where I can view the players and their friend on the table to know for a fact whats going on. I dropped down a rank to fill it up unfortunatly. To late to start a new thread now but im sure somebody will look at it without creating more.

This is an interesting one, Ace, something my brother and I have contemplated.  Unfortunately there is nothing the devs can really do about "partying up" as it were.  He and I love to play together, and we're damn sure not in cahoots trying to cheat or anything.  We get the pleasure of bitching at each other on PS party while rivering each other.   It could just be a case of 2 assholes at the table "seemingly" teaming up against you in your case, but maybe they're aggressive players.

Sometimes it may appear people are playing together but unfortunately you have to have faith in humanity that they're not. The great thing about poker is your cards can beat anyone on the table.

As your rank  goes up you're going to notice that you're playing with the same people more frequently as well due to less people queuing.  You can't just assume they're cheating.

It has always been an obvious thing going on on PC, your right nothing can be done. My complaint is the new lobby has made it easier. There is no debating whether or not they were working together because they didn't try to hide it. Each of them held their looking at cards animation down for nearly a full timer each hand for an hour of gameplay. They were all listed as friends on steam and had each made comments on one anothers profiles. The not so great thing about poker is they can warn each other of their hands and  raise to trap an individual then when your at 3 players one can deliberatly help the lower chip player to stay in play. Maybe I just need to buy a console :)

The new ranked lobby UI is incredible!!! Love it!!!:x

I've played about 12 Diamond matches so far. The competition is great!!! The user experience is great!!! 

I voice chatted with other Diamond players and there's a general consensus that more Diamond incentives is a dire need. We really want that. My personal goal currently is to reach 1400, just because.

See you at the tables!!!B|

52 minutes ago, DaWiz_ said:

The new ranked lobby UI is incredible!!! Love it!!!:x

I've played about 12 Diamond matches so far. The competition is great!!! The user experience is great!!! 

I voice chatted with other Diamond players and there's a general consensus that more Diamond incentives is a dire need. We really want that. My personal goal currently is to reach 1400, just because.

See you at the tables!!!B|

The new ranked lobby is spectacular! 

DaWiz credit must al s be given to you for your suggestions that informed the devs that a change was needed, and your detailed alternatives, some of which were adopted.

As more players reach the Diamond level, perhaps the devs could consider a level above the Diamond level to encourage continued play. 

• Like 1