Sign in to follow this  
ClearConscious

New Update (39.704.2) Arriving Later Today on Steam!

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

We have a small update releasing later today on Steam that is a ranked lobby redesign. 

The changes are as follows:

• Automatic matchmaking in ranked games has been eliminated. You can now choose to play at your tier or up to two tiers below.
  • Buy-in and Entry Fee are now different for each tier in ranked games.
  • You can now indicate your preferred venue in ranked games. Majority wins the venue choice.

Thanks for your continued support!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How does the point system work with this change?  Will you lose more points if you chose to go down a tier and place below 3rd place?  Our group is trying to get clarification on this.  Thanks!

That's not a small update lol. :P

This update is a big deal!!!

I'm about to check it out right now. See what you all have been up to. I'm super excited about this!!! 😀

Edited by DaWiz_
  • Like 1

The UI looks nice. 😎

I was confused about how to get a match started. I kept clicking around on the tier selection screen. I left it idle while I went to do something else in my home. When I came back the game had already started and I timed out. So I'm assuming that I just have to wait on a specific tier until the game starts.

I'll be playing the PC version until updates are available on console. Keep up the great work!!! 😀

Edited by DaWiz_
Removed unnecessary verbiage. Sorry.

Ok... so I'm paying more attention to the setup. The circles represents 'seats'... duh lol. That's pretty cool. At first I didn't understand bc I didn't see anyone else in the lobby. Man, it would be so dope if my PSN avatar (pic) appeared in the circle. I still don't understand why my venue selection is marked out. I'm currently the only player in the lobby.

Maybe with this setup a tier based player count isn't needed, but I still would like to see a total ranked player count. Maybe that's unnecessary too. I also noticed that the rating calculation changes when a higher tier joins the lobby. That's a nice feature.

Overall, I like the setup!!! I know I'm rambling in my posts. I just want to express my thoughts the best way I can.

My name is 'nukedrebel' on steam. I only have 7K chips lol. It's almost 10am est and I've been waiting for a bronze table to populate for approximately 30 mins. 

Make sure to give this setup time to develop and for players to become acclimated with it. In order for change to work it has to gain momentum. After spending some time on the UI it looks solid. I like how you can see players populating the tiers. Good deal!!!