o Sgt SMILEY o

Loot variety needs improvement

19 posts in this topic

Anyone else experiencing duplicate loot frequently, or hard to obtain a variety of loot (other than chips)?

Every single time I have upgraded a basic loot case up to a legendary case... I have only received chips. Don’t get me wrong, chips are nice but I’d prefer catching some of the rare loot items (i.e clothing, earrings, table items, etc). It never fails, upgrading = chips. The redundancy is disappointing knowing there are some pretty good loot items but no real strategic way to earn them other than “luck”.

Maybe an update in the loot distrubution or making loot earnable through challenges/bounties?

Anyone with similar situations and/or have heard of an updated fix in the future? 

v/r

sarge

Edited by o Sgt SMILEY o
Added tags
  • Like 1

I agree with you.

It would be nice to receive things other than chips in my loot case.  Most days, I try to stop myself from upgrading the cases because it will just be chips.  Like you said, receiving chips isn't a bad thing, but it would be nice to receive something more exciting on occasions.

• Like 2

An upgraded loot case has an 80% chance of awarding an avatar item or table item, and a 20% chance of awarding chips.  But if you already own all the items for the given rarity, you'll get chips.  There's also a small chance of getting a boost.

All available items are shown in the store.  Items that can still be awarded to you through loot cases will show there as locked with a loot case icon, or as items that can be purchased.

Some items are awarded only as affiliation/level awards, and are shown locked with an affiliation suit icon.

• Like 1

I recently opened somewhere around 100 loot cases. at least 80 of those were upgraded.

Out of the upgraded loot cases, ONE of them gave me a 3-day boost, the rest gave me chips. No outfits, no table items, nothing. the only outfits & table items I got were from the un-upgraded cases I opened by accident.

Are you sure about that 80% chance? Because I seem to remember official word from a while back that upgraded loot crates ONLY give chips & boosts.

@ OP, Upgrading from basic loot case to legendary isn't worth it. No matter how many times you upgrade it, you'll only profit 5k chips. Legendary cases only give legendary loot, so if you upgrade from base to legendary, you'll always get 5k chips. However, lower quality cases have a chance to give rewards of higher tiers (Upgraded Rare loot cases can sometimes give Epic or Legendary chips). My rule of thumb is, only ever upgrade a case once.

80 percent on a legendary case? Not a chance...

I've NEVER gotten anything from the 100 I've opened except a couple of boosts. No items. Explain that one.

16 minutes ago, Brower777 said:

80 percent on a legendary case? Not a chance...

I've NEVER gotten anything from the 100 I've opened except a couple of boosts. No items. Explain that one.

An 80%  chance that something will happen means that there's a 20% chance that it won't.  And just because it didn't happen the last 100 times is no guarantee that it will happen the next time.🙂

It's got something to do with gambling that something will occur.                         

On 6/1/2018 at 9:31 PM, The Mayor said:

An upgraded loot case has an 80% chance of awarding an avatar item or table item, and a 20% chance of awarding chips.  But if you already own all the items for the given rarity, you'll get chips.  There's also a small chance of getting a boost.

All available items are shown in the store.  Items that can still be awarded to you through loot cases will show there as locked with a loot case icon, or as items that can be purchased.

Some items are awarded only as affiliation/level awards, and are shown locked with an affiliation suit icon.

80/20 huh? That 20% chance of getting chips happens 99% of the time. A bit frustrating. I understand the breakdown of rarity and what the store shows, it just seems nearly impossible to obtain loot items versus chips. There was a period when all my loot cases revealed boosts, which again, is not a bad thing.. it just seems too consistently “programmed”. The randomization needs more randomizing, imo. 

v/r

sarge

On 5/29/2018 at 8:12 PM, o Sgt SMILEY o said:

Don’t get me wrong, chips are nice but I’d prefer catching some of the rare loot items (i.e clothing, earrings, table items, etc).

Well, they wouldn't be rare if they happened all the time, now would they?

2 hours ago, Farmer John40 said:

You could always take the chips and buy the items of your choice in the store.🙂

Yea I could, but that still doesn’t help when trying to earn the loot you can only get from a loot case. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warp said:

Well, they wouldn't be rare if they happened all the time, now would they?

They’d be rare if they happened at least once. What do you call it when they never happen...False sense of hope? Hmm 🙃

7 hours ago, o Sgt SMILEY o said:

What do you call it when they never happen...

Mythic rare.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, o Sgt SMILEY o said:

They’d be rare if they happened at least once. What do you call it when they never happen...False sense of hope? Hmm 🙃

The problem is that you're receiving a FREE GIFT and then throwing a hissy fit, because you don't think it's fair!

PP has no obligation to give you a FREE GIFT.

Sorry, I don't share your concern. 

BTW, welcome to PP.

• Confused 1

On 7/9/2018 at 11:58 AM, Farmer John40 said:

The problem is that you're receiving a FREE GIFT and then throwing a hissy fit, because you don't think it's fair!

PP has no obligation to give you a FREE GIFT.

Sorry, I don't share your concern. 

BTW, welcome to PP.

Not throwing a hissy fit, but rather voicing an idea to help improve QoL in the game. I mean, that’s the point of forums right? Welcome to forums! And you don’t have an obligation to share my concern mate, but felt the need to rely 🤔🤔🤔  

• Like 4

On 7/21/2018 at 3:11 PM, o Sgt SMILEY o said:

Not throwing a hissy fit, but rather voicing an idea to help improve QoL in the game. I mean, that’s the point of forums right? Welcome to forums! And you don’t have an obligation to share my concern mate, but felt the need to rely 🤔🤔🤔  

When you played the game for a long time there will be less and less items to get,as there have not been any update in the "Store" for a long time.

If I take a loot case and upgrade it to Legendary,I never...And mean never ever get any Legendary item anymore (Even if there are a few I don't have)

So if I get say an Epic lootcase I always upgrade to Legendary,to get a little extra cash out of it. As I know I WILL get 150K instead of an item.

I don't know if expanding the item selection in the Shop is on the roadmap for the future but it should.

Edited by Tor Ivar Sæternes

It appears that PP has limits on how many freebies they reward users. 

My daily cut maxed out long ago, for example.  There appears to be a limit on the number of levels for each affiliation (5).   Heck, there's even a limit on the number of affiliations!   I've heard of complaints about the rep points in solo play reaching some kind of maximum.  Once you've reached a Diamond ranking in Ranked Tournaments,  there's nowhere to go.  I guess the loot rewards has limits also.