BluWolve

Connection/Server issues

18 posts in this topic

I was in ranked tourney game on Xbox one and had my game crash this morning. When I tried to log back into the game it all works fine until I try to start a new casual or ranked game. It either says 'Connecting' for a long time or it starts matching me with players, then a notification pops up saying the game can't connect to the server and boots me back to the log in screen.

I have attempted all the standard trouble shooting steps but none of that helped. I also tried logging in with a different account and have the same problems, so maybe it is an issue server side?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Have just noticed Xbox live is currently undergoing some issues affecting core services, could be that.

Edited by BluWolve

The xbox live issues have apparently been resolved, but I still cant get into a match. Also get the same error constantly even just trying to start a solo practice match.

Edited by BluWolve

It sounds like something happened when you were in the middle of playing PP when XB live went down.

Before investigating other possibilities, unplug your XB controller wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.  This will establish a new connection with XB Live.  If PP still won't work, uninstall PP from your XB and reinstall PP. 

If it still won't work select "MORE" at the top of this page and then select "SUPPOR T" and open a ticket with 505games.

I have submitted a ticket and been told there is nothing they can do to help. Guess I just don't play anymore, oh well.

5 hours ago, BluWolve said:

I have submitted a ticket and been told there is nothing they can do to help. Guess I just don't play anymore, oh well.

Did you try my suggestions?

Can you play other games/apps on Xbox.

Here's a little known number for Xbox Support 800-469-9269.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, Farmer John40 said:

Did you try my suggestions?

Can you play other games/apps on Xbox.

Here's a little known number for Xbox Support 800-469-9269.

Yes i did try your suggestions thankyou, and every other game/app is working normally.

Nothing is fixing this issue. 505 support are aware of the issue but can not help affected players.

Seems like a pretty game breaking bug that should be fixed and maybe will be one day, but right now i still can not play the game.

Glad I never spent money on this game!

As far as I know, you are the only one having problems on XB.  And the only game you can't play is PP.  The problem started when you claim that XB Live went down.  Tens of thousands of PP users on XB are not experiencing the problems you have listed. 

Therefore.  Your problem is isolated to your XB  and the way that PP is running on your XB.   The steps I outlined, return XB and PP to factory defaults, and I can only conclude that something else is occurring that you need to address.

I wish you success.   

It could be, but im thinking it is more likely a server related account issue. I have attempted even logging in on another console without luck as well, so it is definitely not my console.

The support person who answered my ticket also claims to be experiencing these issues, and says others have had the same problem, so it is not an isolated issue.

According to support it is a known issue without a fix, and it seems the cause of it is completely out of the players hands. So unfortunately I can't even give anyone some advice as to what to avoid.

I do hope it starts working, and will keep on checking it each day to see. If/when it does work again I will post here.

Thanks for sharing.

It sounds like this is in the 505games servers related to individual gamertags.   Based on your first post, it may have occurred when the XB Live server experienced problems and altered your profile on the 505games server.

All problems with a computer program can be fixed!

Please keep us informed.  

Logs show that it's not your profile.  To verify that, you can try signing in on the same console with a different gamertag (doesn't have to be Gold).  If you're able to get to a table with a different gamertag but still not with yours on the same console, then it is something with your profile.  Let me know.

Logs show that your console is unable to make a secure socket connection to the game server.  Try rebooting all of your network equipment.  It's best to unplug modems and routers, wait at least a minute, then turn them back on in the correct order (eg cable modem first, then router, etc., xbox last).  I'd unplug the xbox also.

If that fails, make sure your local system or your ISP isn't blocking TCP traffic on port 80.

I haven't been able to get into a match with another profile either, which does indicate a network problem, but network issues on my end were the first things I checked for.

I suppose it could be something to do with my network, and I have done another full cycle of everything again to be sure. However, I am still unable to join a game. Maybe it is something to do with my ISP, and I will call them when I'm able.

It just seems strange everything else is working fine except when trying to actually start a match in PP. I can log into the game and earn my daily cut each day, collect my rewards from last season and the related achievements popped without any problems. All other multiplayer games are working as normal as well.

I was able to get into a practice match earlier, so evidently I can connect, but it isn't consistent. The next practice match I tried to start failed again, and the one after that, and so on until I gave up again.

The only other thing I can suggest you do, is insure that your XB console is hardwired to your router.

Other than that, because some functions of PP work and some don't, someone at PP or 505games needs to contact you and ask you to log on while they put an online trace on your individual performance.   When you tell them,via phone,  what is occurring they can verify what is occurring in their system. 

Edited by Farmer John40

Just an update to let people know this issue is still affecting me, and I am still unable to start a game of poker.

I have tried using different profiles, different consoles, different networks, nothing works. I still get the same error message every time.

There is nothing else I can do to get it working, and quite frankly it is unappealing that i have to spend hours trying to get a game working only to have it fail every time.

It isn't my responsibility to make sure the game works, yet I have spent a lot of my gaming time trying to get it to work.

There are people that get paid for that and they are not doing a very good job evidently.

Support has been utterly useless, telling me that they can not help. Although the support team stated it is a known issue I can not find anywhere that says a fix is being worked on.

Fix the issue, please. You are losing potential customers. I certainly won't be spending money on a game I can't play. Friends of mine are also very hesitant to spend money on the game when it is known to break down like this.

I enjoy the game, and have recommended it to people in the past as a great poker game. I can no longer recommend this game to anyone.

I am still trying to start a game every single day, and will post again if the problem miraculously is fixed.

Edited by BluWolve

3 minutes ago, BluWolve said:

Just an update to let people know this issue is still affecting me, and I am still unable to start a game of poker.

Support has been utterly useless, telling me that they can not help. Although the support team stated it is a known issue I can not find anywhere that says a fix is being worked on.

I am still trying to start a game every single day, and will post again if the problem miraculously is fixed.

What's your NAT type? Could be a port issue.

Nat is open, ports are open. Every other game and app works without issue. I can log into the game, navigate all the menus fine. When I attempt to join or start a game it fails.

Edited by BluWolve

4 hours ago, BluWolve said:

Nat is open, ports are open. Every other game and app works without issue. I can log into the game, navigate all the menus fine. When I attempt to join or start a game it fails.

Lets review some logical facts,

If everything else on your console is working, and you have no problems with your internet connection, and tens of thousands of players are using PP with no problems, then your problem is caused by the way PP is trying to operate on your console.

Either your console's system has a problem or you haven't loaded PP onto your console in a manner that will allow it to execute. 

If it always fails in the same place, it indicates that the forward progress of PP advancing from instruction to instruction is terminated for the same reason- every time, without fail. If your console is an XB, you need contact the online support or  take your console to a Microsoft store and explain your problem.

As I have mentioned, the same issue persists on multiple consoles, with multiple profiles, on multiple internet connections.

As I have also mentioned, support has notified me this is a known issue that other people are experiencing, including the support rep who answered my ticket.

I realise people here are trying to help, and I honestly do appreciate the suggestions. However, it may be worth considering that the issue is not on my end.

If it was a problem with my console, I would be experiencing issues in other games. If it was my network i would be having issues with other tasks that require an internet connection. Logic dictates that the issue is with Prominence Poker, since everything else works fine except for Prominence Poker.

I sincerely hoped it was something on my end, as then I could fix it myself and be playing poker, rather than posting about it in the bugs forum.

Edited by BluWolve