Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Jenn

my prominence poker is not working

for 6 days now, every time i load up prominence poker, and try to go into a ring game or s,player game, it loads and loads and loads and goes no ware just keeps loading, and i can only hit HOME on the xbox 1x, to get out the game, i called xbox, they said to remove the game and down load it again, i did that, and it's the same thing,
i was going to buy some things inside prominence poker, but i am not until the game is working for me, so let me know WHY i can't load into any Games ?

my gamer tag on xbox is

MagicGenieJenn

thank you for reading Jenn

It looks like you're unable to make a connection to the game server.  You get to the point where your xbox is told which game/table to make a connection to, and then you never make that connection.  This indicates a network problem on your end.  First, try doing a hard reboot of your xbox if you haven't already (select 'Restart console' from the home menu - make sure you see the green startup screen).  If that doesn't work, reboot your router or modem (typically the easiest way is to just unplug it, wait at least 60 seconds, and plug it back in), and reboot the xbox again afterward.  If that doesn't work, you can test whether it's your network or something on your xbox by connecting your xbox to a different network - for example, connect it to your cell phone's wifi hotspot.  Or if your xbox is currently connected via wifi, try a wired connection.  Let us know what happens.

• Like 1

Here's something else that you may want to check. 

There appears to be a problem with some consoles of the latest version of Xbox.  My son-in-law, who has worked as a System  Administrator and programmer, bought the latest version of Xbox last Christmas, and experienced several similar problems..  He was able to exchange it for smother console at a Microsoft Store.  Since then he has had no problems.

i tryed everything you said, it did not work, i tested my net, all my games are working, prominence poker is not working, i tryed my hotspot, did not work, i tryed my DSL did not work, every time i load up prominence poker, and try to go into a ring game or s,player game, it loads and loads and loads and goes no ware just keeps loading, and i can only hit HOME on the xbox 1x, to get out, so i feel like this is a loop i am in, a loop to no ware..lol in 6 days, i have talked to xbox live support, 505 games support, and they all say, to go to this website right here.

so any help>? would help,,,lol

Jenn

Here's a little known number for a section of Xbox support that I have used in the past --800-469-9269.  Its not listed on their website and I've forgotten where I got it  but I was having problems with an older version of XB and they stayed with me for over an hour, talking me thru various attempts to load a game.   I'm not even sure it still works.

You are able to install PP correctly and play other games which suggest the your internet works and your problem is when you attempt to execute PP.  Right?  You've verified that your XB has the latest updates and XB live is operating correctly, Right?

So lets look in the area where you're having problems.  ie. It can't start a game.

Not knowing the specifics of how PP's software works, I'll deal in generalized assumptions.  It appears that PP can't establish/find enough temporary work space on your hard drive when you attempt to start a game.  Or there is something wrong with the work space it has found.  Or perhaps when you installed PP, it didn't do so correctly.  Or when PP was installed, It  wound up at more than one location on the disk and something failed as it was recording the addresses to find everything.

So, you need to re-order how things are placed on your hard-drive.

Uninstall PP and a few other games/apps on your XB, to free up some more space.  Then unplug your console, wait 30  seconds and plug it back-in, this will inform your console where to find all of its unused disk space.

Now, reinstall PP and let us know if it works.

Then reinstall the games and apps you uninstalled.

Edited by Farmer John40

you know something, i really don't like to say this, but i had a feeling it was going this way,

prominence poker is NOT WORKING FOR ME, i tried everything you said and YET, don't forget that i have a 12 year gamer tag, and i tested full house poker in 2010, so i thank i know MORE then most gamers, when it comes to the game working or not, so before i remove prominence poker for good, and  buy a new poker game,

just know this, every time i go to s,player or ring games, it loops, it loops before i can pick, buy in #,  that has nothing to do with loading to a game, last night, i tried my gamer tag, on a friends xbox, and guess what... same thing... so it's real easy... my gamer tag... is not working right, inside prominence poker,

and no one is doing anything about! it's very sad,,,

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jenn said:

you know something, i really don't like to say this, but i had a feeling it was going this way,

prominence poker is NOT WORKING FOR ME, i tried everything you said and YET, don't forget that i have a 12 year gamer tag, and i tested full house poker in 2010, so i thank i know MORE then most gamers, when it comes to the game working or not, so before i remove prominence poker for good, and  buy a new poker game,

just know this, every time i go to s,player or ring games, it loops, it loops before i can pick, buy in #,  that has nothing to do with loading to a game, last night, i tried my gamer tag, on a friends xbox, and guess what... same thing... so it's real easy... my gamer tag... is not working right, inside prominence poker,

and no one is doing anything about! it's very sad,,,

Thank you for finally telling us the real reason for your problem.  You maybe the only one who is experiencing this problem!!   

I'm sure that PP will be able to trace your gamer tag. and resolve the problem.

BTW, I  too began playing Pipeworks version of poker in 2010.  I also started working within the computer industry in 1969. 

You have a good day.

wow, you know what, someone from 505 games, got my prominence poker to work!

i just got a email that said, hay JENN go to prominence poker, everything is working for you now!

and it did!, i don't know what they did, but i am not going to ask,,,lol

sorry for me being rude, i am a very very good poker player, and i love my card games,

i will say this before i go. if someone has all 500p's in full house poker 2010 unlocked on xbox live,

they are better then good, there god like good!!!

by the way,,, i have all 500p's unlocked...lol

Jenn

I am having a similar issue, though support told me there was nothing they could do so for me they have been utterly useless.

Strange that yours was fixed within a day, yet my game has been failing for weeks.

The issue was clearly not on your end if you got an email saying it had been fixed. I really wish you could of asked what the issue was and how they fixed it because im stuck without any official assistance.

All I can do is keep checking each day to see if it miraculously starts working, but i am at the point now where i highly doubt it will work again.

After seeing this thread I decided to go ahead and submit a ticket. On Monday I got an email stating it was forwarded to the appropriate rep. When I got home that night it was working! Yeah! 

Now tonight I get home and, since I just got paid, bought a boost but when I tried to start a game it wouldn't work again. Noooooo! 😫

I assumed somebody at 505 cleared  it up. Could it had been a fluke?

When it was working it gave explanatory pop ups when I click on things as though I was playing for the first time.