Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Wuss^Timmy

Dissapointed

Hey Everyone, 

Some may remember me some may not. Just wanted to drop in and give an update as I had left the community for awhile. I had sent several messages to clear over time looking for clarity but he was unable to respond to them and that kind of put the nail in the coffin of my interest here. I certainly cannot repair or not do what cannot be defined. or spoken to. 

The game in and of itself just isn't good enough at this point to want to try and engage a PC base. Not that PP cares in the least. Hope to see the more engaging of you in other rooms on other platforms. Ill come back and visit this solitary post once in a while. I'm sure there will be some vague vitriol but hey that's the champion community.

For those that actually do remember me. I left New Orleans and went back to Vegas to Host again at Mecca so im super excited to be back in a city I love doing my favorite job in the world. 

• Like 1

You are not forgotten!!!B|

The devs have been doing an awesome job as of late, in regards to communicating with forum members. I encourage you to visit the 'Roadmap' in the News & Updates section.

Regarding the PC version, currently PP isn't in a position to compete with PC based poker platforms. We can debate about why the PC version doesn't have a large playerbase to infinity and back, but I have a clear understanding regarding the issues surrounding the PC version.

1. Most players dont use Steam to play poker.

2. There are dozens of PC website based platforms (WSOP, Poker Stars, ClubWPT, etc.)

3. The chips are too expensive. If Wal-Mart and Target offer the same service, but Wal-Mart is cheaper where will the customers go? I think Wally World.

4. You need some pretty good hardware. I recently bought a cheaper Lenovo laptop and PP doesn't run well on it.

In order for the PC version to do well Pipeworks must take business away from It's competitors, and that's an up hill battle. PP has been successful on console because of the lack of competition, and its a uniquely built game. 

Congrats on the move to Vegas!!!

38 minutes ago, DaWiz_ said:

You are not forgotten!!!B|

The devs have been doing an awesome job as of late, in regards to communicating with forum members. I encourage you to visit the 'Roadmap' in the News & Updates section.

Regarding the PC version, currently PP isn't in a position to compete with PC based poker platforms. We can debate about why the PC version doesn't have a large playerbase to infinity and back, but I have a clear understanding regarding the issues surrounding the PC version.

1. Most players dont use Steam to play poker.

2. There are dozens of PC website based platforms (WSOP, Poker Stars, ClubWPT, etc.)

3. The chips are too expensive. If Wal-Mart and Target offer the same service, but Wal-Mart is cheaper where will the customers go? I think Wally World.

4. You need some pretty good hardware. I recently bought a cheaper Lenovo laptop and PP doesn't run well on it.

In order for the PC version to do well Pipeworks must take business away from It's competitors, and that's an up hill battle. PP has been successful on console because of the lack of competition, and its a uniquely built game. 

Congrats on the move to Vegas!!!

All good points Da Wiz.   

While I play 97%  of my PP experience on my XB, I started an additional PP account on my PC to see what it was like.

There's not a big enough base of players to start a tourney in a timely manner.  So its all ring games then three or four go all-in every hand.

Playing on a desktop with a mouse and deyboard compared to kicking back on a recliner to play PP on a 60 inch TV with a XB controller is preferred.

• Like 1