Sign in to follow this  
ClearConscious

New Prominence Poker Update! Now Available on Steam.

9 posts in this topic

We're happy to announce that a new update is available for Prominence Poker on Steam. Xbox One & PS4 will receive the update sometime soon.

Patch notes

• New hourly event Fight Club - double rep on weapon items.
  • Cigarette packs and lighters are now included in Havana Nights.
  • New rep reward Oops - for when you folded what would have been the winning hand.
  • Boosts can now be purchased in the shop.
  • Bankroll and Ring Game leaderboards now represent public games only, not private games.
  • Avatars will no longer play with their table item during the player's turn.
  • Multiple table item refill gifts from another player will now show in one consolidated message in between hands.
  • Adjusted a number of annoying or repetitive ambient sounds.
  • Upgraded loot cases are shown as upgraded on the loot case screen.
  • Various fixes to improve stability and reduce disconnections.

Make sure to let us know what you think in the comment section below.

• Thanks 3

Hopefully all the burps, and other disgusting sounds have been eliminated.

I'd suggest that those with pistols stop picking them up with their finger in the trigger guard pressing on the trigger and then pointing the gun at their face and looking down the barrel.  :S

• Haha 1

Who thought it was a good idea to increase the blinds in Tournaments each time a player is knocked out ???

One can easely reach 600/300 in blinds in a few minutes ?

If this is not a practise in Poker other places WHY here ????

Please explain the logic...it disrupt the flow of the game.

To clarify...in tournaments the game will automatically raise the blind if a player gets knocked out. AND it has the timed raising of blinds on top of it. So imagine this. The blinds are 300/150. A player get knocked out...the Blinds automatically goes to 600/300.

Then 2 min later the timed raise of the blinds kicks in and we are up to 1000/500

Does this seem like a good way to run a Tournament ?

If so..please explain why ?

1 hour ago, Tor Ivar Sæternes said:

To clarify...in tournaments the game will automatically raise the blind if a player gets knocked out. AND it has the timed raising of blinds on top of it. So imagine this. The blinds are 300/150. A player get knocked out...the Blinds automatically goes to 600/300.

Then 2 min later the timed raise of the blinds kicks in and we are up to 1000/500

Does this seem like a good way to run a Tournament ?

If so..please explain why ?

Your imagination  is creating conspiracy theories.

I think this was implemented to address the length of games issue.   When players continually fold  and the blinds reach 4k and the time limit for each level is 15 minutes, a game can last for 3 hours.  By accelerating the frequency of the blinds increasing you suggest that it's in the players best interest to stop folding so much.

13 minutes ago, Farmer John40 said:

Your imagination  is creating conspiracy theories.

I think this was implemented to address the length of games issue.   When players continually fold  and the blinds reach 4k and the time limit for each level is 15 minutes, a game can last for 3 hours.  By accelerating the frequency of the blinds increasing you suggest that it's in the players best interest to stop folding so much.

I'm playing table position when I'm  playing in a poker tournament.  Raising the blinds every time a player gets knocked out is the same thing as playing an all in or fold tournament.  Players call with garbage enough times throughout a tournament the way it is.  You do realize that the recommended rate for calling hands is like 7 to 10 percent throughout the course of a tournament right?  Doing this won't make me fold any less,  I 'll  just stop playing completely, they can continue to play bingo.