Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Markle Verhagen

Nintendo Switch status

We have no plans at the moment.  Switch specs are far below Xbox One and PS4 - we would have to make significant changes to make the game playable on Switch.  It's doable, but it would be expensive.  The bean counters would probably want to see a much larger user base on Switch before spending the money it would require to make it happen.

It doesn't make sense not to port to Switch with currently 15 million devices sold today and still growing strong  https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/31/nintendo-switch-sales-surpass-wii-u/

Business case - If it cost $1 million to redevelop 'existing code' for Switch and if only 5 million subscribers (33%) and 1.5 million (33%) of those paying an average of $10/device annually for chips and stuff, that's a potential of $14+ million annually in profit.

I personally think it would be a huge hit on the Switch - please take these numbers to 'the man' and get yourself a promotion :)

Unfortunate :(

I assure you that someone will port their Poker gaming ecosystem to the Switch someday soon and collect maximum early user adoption and market penetration and was hoping it would be you!

You are vastly under estimating the switch.

If Epic can get Fortnite on the switch, there's no excuse. Prominence runs on unreal engine.

Also to say that the installed base isn't there yet makes me question how in touch you really are.

ports represent the majority of the 1000+ switch games available. 

Why?

Dev kit is way cheaper than Sony or Microsoft & the hardware is very familiar to anyone who's ever programmed for cellular devices or tablets.

As for profitability... Why wouldn't it be just as profitable on another platform as the current offerings? To suggest that it would be is short sighted and likely biased.

Originally I agreed with the devs on this topic, but after purchasing a Nintendo Switch this past Christmas holiday my mindset has changed. The NS is highly underrated. If Warframe can run on the NS then I'm sure PP will have no problem. 

Overall though, the NS is a kids console. My wife and I bought one for our 9 yr old, and she loves it. I play around on it when she's not on it. I would love to play PP on the NS, especially since the current poker lineup is non existent. I'm not sure how many adults are using the NS though... Kids, it's time to learn poker. 😜

• Like 1