Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
rockguy24

Headsets

I recently had a part fail on my headset, come to find out the replacement part is 50 bucks.  I spent 70 dollars on the entire headset so I´m looking for some advice,  do I buy the replacement part or just invest money into an entirely new headset?  and what headset would be a good value?  I'm looking to stay around 80 bucks.  The headset part that went out on me belongs to my Turtle Beach PX24s and it's 2 years old from the time I purchased it.  Thanks in advance for any help with this, this would be used on a PS4 mainly.

• Like 1

A lesson I learned the hard, expensive way: Splurge. Cheap headsets are just that - cheap. they're poorly designed, constructed with flimsy materials, and shoddy wiring. All $80 is going to get you is a headset that will last just long enough for you to save up another $80. Wireless is 100% worth it in a headset. On a wired headset, every time you put the headset on, or take it off, or shift in your seat, or look around, or move your head in any way, you bend the wires a tiny bit. all those little bends and pulls add up over time. Every wired headset I ever owned gave out within a year of moderate-to-heavy use. My first wireless headset lasted 3 years until my ex "accidentally" packed it with her things. My current headset has lasted me 6 years so far. Turtle Beach XP400. It was made for 360/PS3, but still works on my XB1. The bluetooth chat dongle doesn't fit on the XB1 controller tho, so I do need cables between the headset & controller if I want to chat.

tl;dr - Splurge, and go wireless.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DPack said:

A lesson I learned the hard, expensive way: Splurge. Cheap headsets are just that - cheap. they're poorly designed, constructed with flimsy materials, and shoddy wiring. All $80 is going to get you is a headset that will last just long enough for you to save up another $80. Wireless is 100% worth it in a headset. On a wired headset, every time you put the headset on, or take it off, or shift in your seat, or look around, or move your head in any way, you bend the wires a tiny bit. all those little bends and pulls add up over time. Every wired headset I ever owned gave out within a year of moderate-to-heavy use. My first wireless headset lasted 3 years until my ex "accidentally" packed it with her things. My current headset has lasted me 6 years so far. Turtle Beach XP400. It was made for 360/PS3, but still works on my XB1. The bluetooth chat dongle doesn't fit on the XB1 controller tho, so I do need cables between the headset & controller if I want to chat.

tl;dr - Splurge, and go wireless.

I was looking at the Afterglow AG9 for PS4 but I'm not sure if it can do Xbox1.  It would be ideal if I can find one compatible with both consoles.  Thank You for the advice.