Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
DaWiz_

How to capture gameplay video on the PS4?

First, it's important to know that the PS4 is always recording your gameplay and you have the ability to capture the "previous 15 mins". You need to have a video service account. I use YouTube. 

Secondly, when you want to capture the "previous 15 mins of gameplay" simply press the "Share" button. After doing so a submenu will appear. From there you can either take a screenshot or capture video. After selecting "Video Clip" your gameplay footage will be saved to your "capture gallery". The process takes about 3 seconds. Press "circle" to return back to the game you're playing.

Thirdly, when time allows and you're ready to upload your video go to your "capture gallery", find the designated video, and press the "Share" button to start the upload process. After doing so select your video service, in this scenario YouTube. After selecting your video service you will have the option to trim your video. After trimming your video scroll down and select the "Share" icon to upload. (The longer your video the more time it takes to upload.)

Lastly, go to your video service account, in this scenario YouTube. Find the designated video and then select the Share icon. From there you can "copy" and then "paste" the video link to your forum topic or post.

Edited by DaWiz_
Typo, Addition

4 hours ago, DaWiz_ said:

Secondly, when you want to capture the "previous 15 mins of gameplay" simply press the "Share" button.

... or double tap the Share button to start recording from that point in time

yueskgg5y1cnvpds6hil.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rockguy24 said:

Is there a limit to how long these clips are?  I mean you couldn't upload an entire 2 hour ranked tournament could you?

I think you can only capture 15 mins of video.

If you want to capture a whole ranked tourney you would have to live stream that footage on a video service, such as YouTube. You can initiate the live stream feature by pressing the "Share" button and selecting "Broadcast Gameplay". 

Once your live stream is completed that entire video can be viewed on YouTube. (There might be a time limit, but I've seen a lot of live streams that last for several hours.)

Just keep in mind that your live stream can be viewed by others at your table if they have access to your live stream information. There's a delay, but if players are viewing your live stream on a smartphone, for example, they can gain an advantage. There's ways to block your hole cards from being viewed. I've seen other people do it using a camera, but I haven't learned how to do so myself.

Edited by DaWiz_
Correction, typo
  • Thanks 1