Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

I haven't played a 10K tournament for a while. Thought I will pop down to see if the player types generalisation has changed up. It seems it has not and that is why I still refuse to play at 10k, 50k and now almost 100k not because of the game, but the type of gamers (not really poker players) playing this game. I specifically wanted to share a typical tournament of a 10K to showcase why I am beginning to find playing on PP dull, boring and even not particularly enticing anymore. The game is fine, the Card Generator I am fine with.

Perhaps someone can explain to me, as I do play poker live and has an interest in poker, why this environment would be fun to play and why the players I am seeing also find it fun, challenging, enjoyable to play....clones of themselves. Clones, Mechanical, Robot. Even AI are more interesting to play. 

10K Table Typical Tournament

• Limp in on every hand and never raise unless they have AK, AA, KK, QQ. (They don't raise on pockets like 50K tables)
  • Flat call a lead out @ 3 x blind of 300 (100 blind)
  • Will obtain heads up 99% of the time if lead out with 500 @4 x times blind (100 blind)
  • Fold to lead out of 3 x blind @900 (300 blind) unless they have A, K, Q, J, 10 combinations or Ax.
  • Will check it all the way to river with monsters or nothing...and bet on the river if they have a high pair...
  • ... if bet into on river, will go all in with a high pair
  • ...ignoring any flush, trips, straight on the board
  • Min raise or 2x blind (max) when raising (normally on the river)
  • Hardly any re-raised and normally all-in if it is a re-raised and normally on the river

IM-Humble-O This is so mechanical, robotic, and every single player on the tableI have come across acts exactly the same. How can anyone find this fun to limp and "check" all the to the river, before making a min raise - 2 x blind bet, follow by folding and once in a full moon calling. 

To do that over 100s of hands and not even playing fast. I simply cannot get my head around how this is playing poker. Is that the range or limit these players have in understanding the no-limit hold em...are we really talking pedestrians here?

Lastly, if that is the case, I don't mind, but this is 10k, and the next 2 levels are 50k and 100k. Recently, there is even a reduction in 100Ks tournament to finding players on the games (UK time, normally evening 9pm to 4am), and there is close to none of the 200k. 

50 is not any better, and these players play tighter and fold more, but similar formula. 

10k = calling station

50k = tight all-in, no raise, random all-in bluffs

100k - tight aggressive chasers (TAG Fish)

Q: How is the game enjoyable playing this way (10k wise)?!!!

I'm surprised you can find 100k games. Hell, even 50k games take 10+ minutes to fill. God bless micro-transaction based pseudo gambling.

But I'm not really having the same experience as you in the 10k department. I find it to be quite the "party bag". But I have noticed 50k games where everyone turtles up. If I wanted to watch nothing but folding, I'd take up origami.

It's kind of funny how a table of drones will make you miss the assholes that push all in on their pocket 2's.

• Like 1

For 100K, I am seeing the same group (around 20 of us) so is the same players, but when it comes to 200K, before the leaderboard got reset, there was a tight group of us, but somehow everyone went broke or just got bored of the game with the lower level players coming up to 100k or serious poker players gave up playing it like poker should because the rules don;t apply in a sea of fishes!

whahaahah....origami. That turtling up is super true for 50Ks and you will get it more on 100ks, but players do lead out more and about 50% (used to be more) legit now, but still after playing with them, there are many chasers and actually, still a bit fishy. 

I can't believe I am saying that I miss the unpredictability of the Bots (though you can push all in and they fold almost every time, which if you think about it in a tournament is quite realistic)...you see, playing this game too much as distorted  my poker reality! 

• Like 1

I was playing my second 50k tonight and there was one clod leading out 3-4x blind every single hand following up with a big post flop raise and fishing out on all in with crap cards when people called. Fortunately, I just played patiently and knocked him out in 3rd place. With I could've knocked him out in 4th. 

That's where I get my joy out of the game: crushing the dreams of donkeys whenever I can. ;)

3 minutes ago, Hecubus912 said:

I was playing my second 50k tonight and there was one clod leading out 3-4x blind every single hand following up with a big post flop raise and fishing out on all in with crap cards when people called. Fortunately, I just played patiently and knocked him out in 3rd place. With I could've knocked him out in 4th. 

That's where I get my joy out of the game: crushing the dreams of donkeys whenever I can. ;)

I am surprised you are getting lead out at all. I count that fortunate! Donks control is totally satisfying!