Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
ClearConscious

Hotfixes Arriving Later Today on Steam

We will be updating Steam with the following fixes later today

The all-in close-up is now shown for everyone at the table, not just for the player going all-in. However, it is only shown when the situation is interesting enough, which is not very often in practice.
REP received from sending gifts to other players used to be random. Now it is 10% of the gift purchase price. For example, if you buy a gift for someone for 150,000 chips, you will receive 15,000 REP.
Fixed a bug that caused some instability during ranked tournament matchmaking.
Fixed a bug that caused a server disconnection and return to the title screen for a situation that should only show an error message without returning to the title screen.

Thanks for the reports!

Seems like it's updating currently. Anyone interested i will be sitting in a 100k Tournament for the next two hours to see if anyone shows up.  Yesterday i sat for 7 hours and not a soul dropped in. This is test two with a post. 

image.png.58de30f5023f33fa60e5a77689154078.png

• Thanks 1

Details please.

XB, or PS4, or Stream?  Also, what is your location?   Europe?

Please understand, its currently 4:45pm on the west coast so many people in the US are commuting home, and the commute can take two more hours.   

Edited by Farmer John40

My error i thought most people could get to the deductive reasoning of PC by following the thread about the update on STEAM that we are in. I should not have assumed.

Wuss,

The reason you can't get a 100k tournament started is the same reason you couldn't get a decent  Ranked tournament.

There are not enough players playing PP on stream , at a given time, to support either option!  I know because I now play on both XB and stream.

They are two different games as the chips and points are separate.  In the casual games of the Stream version, there is a popularity indicator that identifies if players are currently playing each type of game.  Consistently, the most popular venue is 20k ring games.

If you want to enjoy PP as the tens of thousands of us do, you're going to need tp buy either a PS4 or XB console.  

Otherwise, you're just trying to get that damn windmill to tip over. 

Edited by Farmer John40
  • Like 1

Hey look at you using deductive reasoning than mansplaining a thing. Thank god you came along and made that post. I just had no idea. I truly appreciate the information provided.  Valuable and useful. Just the only way to describe that input.  I just can't like your post enough times. 

1 hour ago, Wuss^Timmy said:

Hey look at you using deductive reasoning than mansplaining a thing. Thank god you came along and made that post. I just had no idea. I truly appreciate the information provided.  Valuable and useful. Just the only way to describe that input.  I just can't like your post enough times. 

Let's avoid things like this.

• Confused 1

I don't understand. I am very thankful for his post. I knew none of the things and appreciate his clarity and simplifying the available information for me. It was a super helpful post that i thanked him for and then liked so he could win the week and be encouraged to make more posts like this. I could not have been more clear about how valid and super needed his post was in the moment. Everything he spoke to enlightened me and my my experience here and in the game better for having made it. It may even be the best post here. 

It only could have been made better via pictorial diagram so i wouldn't get super confused by all its wordiness and references to what i may or may not own and literature i likely don't understand the reference to. 

Again i could not be more pleased with his thoughtful breakdown. I have reserved a console via Amazon just so i can experience your game better via his recommendation that im choosing to experience it wrong. I don't know what i was thinking trying to enjoy the game on the platform it was made available to me on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2017 at 6:23 PM, Wuss^Timmy said:

Yesterday i sat for 7 hours and not a soul dropped in. This is test two with a post. 

This game simply can not compete with the many avenues poker players have on PC. Most PC poker players don't have steam on their PC. 

I started playing poker on freepoker.org several years ago. When I'm on PC these days I go to wsop.com. When given the option to either download this game from steam or go directly to a poker website, people are going to migrate to the easier, more convenient, option every time.

My PC is dated. I can't even download this game. Although, my PC still can access the internet and more. I have no reason to buy another one. I need a laptop, my old one stopped working. The point I'm hinting at is that I'm sure their are people like me who will use a dated PC until the wheels fall off. That's the day when you can't update your PC to the newest Windows. It all falls down from there. That's what happened to my laptop.

Now does that mean the devs should give up on PC? Of course not. IMO, a lot of console gamers will switch to gaming PC's in the future. I think steam will continue to gain "more" popularity in the years to come (with the layman). Personally, I've never played a game on steam. I also don't know anyone who plays games on steam. IMO, steam, and PC gaming in general, is for tech savvy people. Whatever techies are doing today the layman will be doing 1-2 yrs from now or more, especially when hardware prices drop (if it ever happens). Most people who buy consoles don't care about specs. They just want a system that works with their flat screen. 

So all in all, the devs have no control over people's behaviors and that will have an effect on the PC player base.

You're absolutely correct!  The developers of apps and games will continue to develop their product to utilize the most advanced equipment available.

I think Clear has already posted that PP was developed on PC's that have a central orocesser the uses a 64bit operating system.  Microsoft still has 2 versions of  Windows, a 32bit and a 64bit.

Intel already has a core processer that will make both of these obsolete!  As soon as hardware manufactures develop equipment to accommodate this new technology software companies will be developing new programs and we the end users will all purchase the latest and greatest.  

My introduction to computers was to run cards thru a 16K IBM 360 which had no disk-drives.  I worked in the computer industry almost 20 years before I was required to use a PC in the workplace to transfer data to a liquid cooled mainframe.

So yes, if you want to run state of the art software, you need to have state of the art hardware. 

Edited by Farmer John40

2 hours ago, Farmer John40 said:

My introduction to computers was to run cards thru a 16K IBM 360 which had no disk-drives.  I worked in the computer industry almost 20 years before I was required to use a PC in the workplace to transfer data to a liquid cooled mainframe.

That might be so, but perhaps you could ease on trying to explain technical trivialities which, frankly, you seem to have little knowledge of.

That being said, that doesn't excuse Wuss^Timmy from acting like a complete jerk.

6 hours ago, Warp said:

That might be so, but perhaps you could ease on trying to explain technical trivialities which, frankly, you seem to have little knowledge of.

That being said, that doesn't excuse Wuss^Timmy from acting like a complete jerk.

What I'm politely trying to point out is why some players are experiencing problems running  PP on their PC's.  I don't apologize for trying to help other players.

Other poker games were designed to run on older 32bit PC's, while PP was developed using state of the art technology, that was first designed to run on XB1 and PS4.

PP is  actually Pipeworks evolution from a poker game that they wrote to run on the previous version of XB called WSOP Full House Pro.  

As for my knowledge of computers, I worked for 32 years as a computer operator, programmer, and Data Base Administrator., in Silicon Valley. 

I took issue with the explanation because it is re-explaining to me what a multitude of my posts have been about. I completely understand that the PC community is anemic. So it is not a concept lost on me as I have mentioned it often. Having that explained to me in a manner as if i didn't understand it was offensive. Telling me how i should choose to enjoy a game put out on my platform was annoying. Suggesting i buy a console to enjoy a free game is inane and unwarranted.  I felt that those points needed to be highlighted because the post in it's entirety was a waste of breath and offensive. 

To that end i can complain about the lack of players on PC because the company chose to port it to the PC but not to promote it. Having been a member of STEAM for 13 years it isn't a new technology to me nor is it new to it's 126 million user base that allows it to exist in a way to negotiate games at the price points and discounts that they do. Arguably many PC gamers have STEAM specifically if it is their primary source of gaming.  My issue is Prominence lack of pushing to fill, advertise or promote that community. 

Even when they announced a tournament game hosted by them across all platforms none of them bothered to show up for the PC. That's crappy. and that is basically my issue. 

Edited by Wuss^Timmy
changed in to is as a mistype.

51 minutes ago, Wuss^Timmy said:

Just to be clear...

Xbox live - 55 million active users.
Playstation users across all platforms - 60 million
Steam - 126 million active users.

Ok.  Consider though, many people who purchase Xbox Live don't have an XB console.  And PP doesn't work on older PS platforms.    

Pipeworks supports and maintains 3 different PP games.  1 on PS4, 1 on XB1, and 1 on Stream.  Each platform is a separate and distinct game.

Looking at the Ranked Tournament Leaderboard shows 4,000 on XB who are Bronze or higher, while on Stream there are 442 players total.  I suspect that there are more players playing Casual Games than Ranked.

The odds of you playing within your ranking in Ranked Tournaments are pretty dismal on Stream.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Wuss^Timmy said:

I KNOW WHY!!!!! READ THE WHOLE POST... READ IT.... READ THE WHOLE THING.... THE WHOLE THING...  Holy s***

Dear  Wuss.

I was agreeing with you!!!!!!!!!!

Why must we accept you taking issue with someone else's explanation, yet you demand that everyone agree with yours?  

Please young man, chill out.

• Like 1

If you believe you were agreeing with me i apologize, i didn't know English was likely not your first language. 

To help: most agreements don't begin with an immediate descent : " Consider though "

Please old man, revisit base logic and thoughtful conversation with your equals.