Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
DaWiz_

Have you purchased chip bundles?

Have you purchased chip bundles?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Have you purchased chip bundles?

• Not at all.
    • Less than $20
    • More than $20
    • More than $50
    • More than $100

Let's see whose helping Pipeworks to succeed. Be honest or don't participate.

I openly admit that I have never spent money on this game, and I'm not proud about it. I have never spent money on chips in any gambling game since I started playing online poker.

While I haven't spent money on chips I would be willing to spend money on cosmetics, for example, a clothing bundle, comestic card variations, etc. PS Home is a good example of an avatar platform where I spent real money.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Home

Additionally, when ranked games were introduced that eliminated the need for me, "personally", to ever purchase chips, which is unfortunately a loophole for acquiring chips.

Let's get real people. Don't pretend like we have been doing Pipeworks any favors outside of playing their game.

Edited by DaWiz_
  • Thanks 1

DaWiz,

Are you aware of the enormous amounts of money generated from having a video game published on both XB and PS4?

Just think of living in a mid-sized city in central Oregon making in excess of $150k a year.  Living in the pristine costal mountain range just a short trip to the  world renounced Oregon Coast.  Fishing and camping amongst the perpetual green ferns and pines of the area.   They live in a college town home to the Oregon Ducks.   

Their making an excellent salary living in paradise.

3 minutes ago, Farmer John40 said:

DaWiz,

Are you aware of the enormous amounts of money generated from having a video game published on both XB and PS4?

Just think of living in a mid-sized city in central Oregon making in excess of $150k a year.  Living in the pristine costal mountain range just a short trip to the  world renounced Oregon Coast.  Fishing and camping amongst the perpetual green ferns and pines of the area.   They live in a college town home to the Oregon Ducks.   

That sounds really nice. Not the case though.

26 minutes ago, Farmer John40 said:

DaWiz,

I don't disagree. I'm sure Oregon is beautiful. Have they legalized marijuana yet? That's all I care about lol.

Oh yeah... just answer the question please.

18 minutes ago, DaWiz_ said:

I don't disagree. I'm sure Oregon is beautiful. Have they legalized marijuana yet? That's all I care about lol.

Oh yeah... just answer the question please.

I think they have.  I know everyone grows their own.

Edited by Farmer John40

5 minutes ago, Farmer John40 said:

I think they have.  I know everyone grows their own.

Wow... I just looked it up. I thought Washington and California were the only WC states with legalization. 

It's jacked up that some Americans still get arrested for it, while other Americans are happily indulging.

But anyways... Say no to drugs! Including alcohol, tobacco, and prescriptions. LOL!!!

Back to poker!!! :P

1 hour ago, ClearConscious said:

That sounds really nice. Not the case though.

Cl e a r,

I quit work in the fall of 2000 as a mainframe programmer without a college degree and I made $90k.  I could be wrong but I think the demand for programming has increased a tad in 16 years. My son-in-law is a programmer in Portland and he makes a  6 figure salary.

As for living environment, I live about 100 miles up I5 in Vancouver,  Washington.

Edited by Farmer John40

1 hour ago, Farmer John40 said:

Cl e a r,

I quit work in the fall of 2000 as a mainframe programmer without a college degree and I made $90k.  I could be wrong but I think the demand for programming has increased a tad in 16 years. My son-in-law is a programmer in Portland and he makes a  6 figure salary.

As for living environment, I live about 100 miles up I5 in Vancouver,  Washington.

Vancouver... Nice! I used to live in Seattle.

I don't think a person's salary has a grand effect on how much money a gaming company can pour into the development of software. The growth of a business requires customer support.

Otherwise, where does the money come from?

Borrowed??? If that's the case, that money has to be repaid through customer support.

I don't have an IT background, but I've worked in Sales all my life. Customers are the backbone in every business.

Edited by DaWiz_

1 hour ago, Farmer John40 said:

Cl e a r,

Tech companies are a bit different than video game studios, plus we're in an area where the cost of living is much lower (at least for now) than other hotspots like Seattle, San Francisco, L.A, etc.

As it stands, there's nothing to spend money on in this game which I believe is hindering development, bc "money" is needed to "develop". Furthermore, unless the employees at Pipeworks are pouring their salary into the development process I could care less how much they make and where they live. If anything I want them to succeed even more.

We're all adults who have spending habits, so everyone knows what's up. All we can do is encourage this studio to produce the type of content we would like to see in future updates. If they didn't want members to express themselves there wouldn't be a forum. Furthermore, the status quo doesn't have to be accepted.

I get tired of people in this forum trying to shut me up and over thinking the comments I post. I'm not here to teach any of y'all a lesson about anything. I received a direct msg from a forum member earlier giving me advice on how to play poker. Their advice stemmed from a video or comment I made. Instead of getting an attitude I politely stated "thanks". Although, I don't mind "constructive" critic of my post regarding "improving the game".

I rarely see any of the forum vets expressing universal ideals to enhance the game. It's always "strictly personal" suggestions that are made with no examples to help others fully understand their ideals.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ClearConscious said:

Tech companies are a bit different than video game studios, plus we're in an area where the cost of living is much lower (at least for now) than other hotspots like Seattle, San Francisco, L.A, etc.

It seems like I kind of stepped in it here  Clear and I apologize. 

Some assumptions were made by me based on my work experience when in truth I've been out of the work force for 16 years.

btw I worked in IT departments  for  Hospitals.

1 hour ago, DaWiz_ said:

As it stands, there's nothing to spend money on in this game which I believe is hindering development, bc "money" is needed to "develop". Furthermore, unless the employees at Pipeworks are pouring their salary into the development process I could care less how much they make and where they live. If anything I want them to succeed even more.

We're all adults who have spending habits, so everyone knows what's up. All we can do is encourage this studio to produce the type of content we would like to see in future updates. If they didn't want members to express themselves there wouldn't be a forum. Furthermore, the status quo doesn't have to be accepted.

I get tired of people in this forum trying to shut me up and over thinking the comments I post. I'm not here to teach any of y'all a lesson about anything. I received a direct msg from a forum member earlier giving me advice on how to play poker. Their advice stemmed from a video or comment I made. Instead of getting an attitude I politely stated "thanks". Although, I don't mind "constructive" critic of my post regarding "improving the game".

I rarely see any of the forum vets expressing universal ideals to enhance the game. It's always "strictly personal" suggestions that are made with no examples to help others fully understand their ideals.

I wouldn't take it personal, this is good feedback.

4 hours ago, ClearConscious said:

I wouldn't take it personal, this is good feedback.

I appreciate it. 

I try not to take things personal. I most definitely have to work harder on not overreacting to certain situations.

Thanks for the quick responses. 

• Like 1