Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

ClearConscious

Quality of Life Update (Steam)

Greetings! We'll be releasing a quality of life update shortly which will address the following issues. 

Fixes:

• Adjusted loot case chip rewards and upgrade prices to match store prices.
  • Upgraded loot cases will never award duplicate items or nicknames.
  • Ranked tournament rating calculations are now based upon relative tier instead of precise relative rating.
  • The winner close up at the end of a hand is now shown only if the hand is interesting enough.
  • There are now roughly triple the number of win/lose reaction animations.
  • Some improvements to the nickname screen to make it more usable.
  • Lobbies now show a background image representing the chosen venue.
  • "Waiting for next hand" is now shown when you join a ring game in progress.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the bankroll shown while at the table to not immediately reflect the chips earned from a challenge.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the community cards in the HUD to get stuck showing the previous hand's cards until new cards are dealt.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the daily cut timer to be inaccurate and misleading.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the daily cut spinner sound to repeat forever.
  • Fixed various cosmetic bugs in the main menu.
  • Many bug fixes to reduce server disconnections and improve stability.
  • Made adjustments to the animations to speed up gameplay.

Thanks to everyone for their reports and feedback. We look forward to providing additional updates in the future! Expect a similar update to drop on Xbox One & PS4 within the next couple of weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Farmer John40 said:

After the Thursday update, I just had an update applied to PP on my PC.

Is this a work in progress??? 

Just a quick patch for extra logging. Nothing user-facing, just for us to track any additional issues.

2 hours ago, ClearConscious said:

Just a quick patch for extra logging. Nothing user-facing, just for us to track any additional issues.

Thanks.

The addition of the popular meter in casual game selection is a thoughtful addition.

I'm currently enjoying ring games on stream while continuing to play ranked tournaments on XB. 

• Thanks 1

Excuse the stupid question--but will PS4 be getting the "Popularity Meter" with this update or is that only for PC?

I just downloaded PP on my new laptop, and it's like a whole new world for me over there.  lol

• Like 1

Left this reply on the blog post, but I’ll leave it here too (I have the PS4 version BTW):

The updates you listed seem okay so far, but why on earth did you mess with the background music?? Now the title screen music blares loudly during matches. When I turn it down in audio settings, it also applies to the victory tune, which is silly. Plus didn’t each venue have its own quirky version of the theme? Now it’s exactly the same as title screen. PLEASE undo these pointless audio changes!

Edited by Brade McGovern
specify ps4 version

Two more things: it seems to take forever now to find players for a ranked match. My rank is platinum.

Also I just lost points after finishing 3rd in a tournament. That’s never happened before. WTF is with this update??

18 hours ago, Brade McGovern said:

Also I just lost points after finishing 3rd in a tournament. That’s never happened before. WTF is with this update??

Don't get beaten by weaker players. It's simple.

If the match-making process goes to "any" with only 1 player (you), the odds that your platinum ranking is going to be playing with at least one bronze donkey loving bingo player is increased.

Good luck. 

On 11/22/2017 at 9:13 AM, Warp said:

Don't get beaten by weaker players. It's simple.

How can you even tell anymore . Unless gold silver or something.  I was 1154  against all gold players won12 points for a 1st place. Then latter was 1185 and went out 6th again against all gold players and LOST 38 points the math  just doesn't work out. Like someone else has said I can't pick who I play against . I can't back out after the game has started. I don't really care anymore I still play and shake my head when my points pop up. But you are right if you just win every game you'll be just fine.

I'm ok with the match making the way it is now, but it would be nice to still see their rating at the tables, at least that way you can try to determine what you‘re going to gain or lose point wise a bit better.  Obviously even 10 to 15 points can be a big deal with the current points system.

• Like 1