Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Lately I've been playing 3on3 basketball. It's a F2P game in the PS Store. They have a decent in-game networking setup. I think this feature would be nice in PP. They rank each "crew" by XP.

FB_IMG_1513617989119.thumb.jpg.b71360f82f18480c7dd4a84d56eebbc3.jpg

Lately I've been playing Zynga and lo and behold they also offer tourney quick play (Sit n Go) with blinds increasing every 3mins. They also offer a three table elimination tourney (Shootout) and Jump Poker (9 player tables for each mode).

I've spent most of my time on the 100K SNG Tables. I must admit that 2-4 players go All-In on the first hand every game. I've had several 1st and 2nd place finishes. My experience on the WSOP app is different, players rarely go All-In on the first hand. Maybe the 6 vs 9 player difference changes player behavior.

I'm only posting this as an example that adding casual SNG to PP is not a clueless and farfetched idea. The notion that this concept is only suited for the app experience is flat out WRONG. 

As I mentioned before I'm fine with the current blind structure for ranked games. Ranked games should serve as the go-to for players who desire more realistic gameplay. SNG can serve players who don't have a lot of time to play ranked, but would rather play PP over an app.

CAM00722.thumb.jpg.b834645500a66fb76161776f1a04d94d.jpg

He's baaaccckkkk..... 

So I finished my provs earlier. I got two 1st place wins and a third place finish. My rating was 1158, but after losing it's down to 1128. I guess I shouldn't have shoved with my AJ offsuit, my opponent had KK :( Please don't lecture me on what I should've done better >:(

Well anyways, I wanted to take a break from this 10K buy-in stuff and play for some real chips... YEAAAH!!!! Let's get some 500K action going.... YEAAAH!!!!!

Yeah... that's not happening. It hasn't happened in a freaking year's time!!!!!!!!!!!! <sigh> >:(

WTH man... Can someone please find the nearest computer and press some buttons so we can play casual tourneys. I only mentioned adding Fast Play SNG for "casual tourneys" because it's better than not freaking playing!!! Oh, but that makes me clueless. WTH man!!!

I hate to do this, but someone has to. Devs, if you all can make this game function the way it's suppose to by March 1st then I will donate $50 for the cause. If you all don't produce a finished product by March 1st I'm freaking done!!! I will take my money and time somewhere else. I have waited over a year to play a fully functioning poker video game on my PS4, and I've reached my boiling point.

It's funny how some players have pleaded with the devs to reduce the billionaire achievement. What are they going to reduce it to? A billion is a billion. The real problem is that you can't win a lot of chips in this game unless you play ring games and that's some B.S. Additionally, for some strange reason the devs are being stingy with their monetary chip packages. 

I know... I know... Like always my post will be ignored in favor of a bad beat, RNG, I hate the noobs, blah, blah, blah posts. If you're okay with the status quo then you're apart of the problem.

Please Make PP Great Again!!! #MPGA

Edited by DaWiz_
  • Like 1

It will always be easier to build your bankroll with ring games, because people keep bringing more chips to the table, and you can bank your winnings at any time.

But yeah, changes to the tournament search to help get games going faster are in the works.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Klan Saito said:

Forget about billionaire trophy. This game is made for pay to win and advantage for low level players. Cheers Prominence Poker!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point.  

PP was written to provide entertainment to a majority of players.  That they're still considering ways to improve the game for the majority of players is to be applauded. 

22 hours ago, Klan Saito said:

Forget about billionaire trophy. This game is made for pay to win and advantage for low level players. Cheers Prominence Poker!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please elaborate how me putting my credit card into the game is gonna give me any better hole cards, a flop, turn and river? In addition, if I continue to wax low-level players, does that make me the chosen one? If so, I feel honored.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2018 at 6:17 PM, Klan Saito said:

Not sure I get the "advantage for low level players" part, unless your theory is that the game is adjusting the quality of cards for lower level players?  It's been discussed a million times over, it's not realistic in my eyes, but if that's what you're locked into then I'll just say agree to disagree...I'm just tired of that silly argument.

As for pay to win I also disagree.  $100 for $3.5M?  That's not a lot of chips for the $$.  I ran the original PS Plus bonus from whatever it was, a couple hundred thousand, up to $8M and I'm not a great player; it's just not that hard to capitalize on the really bad players.  I applaud the devs for making chips expensive though..it's a relatively low ratio of what you get for your $$ as compared to how difficult it would be to just earn it in-game.  As opposed to $10 buying you $100M in chips like most phone apps.  That would flood the game with chips and destroy the poker-quality they've been relatively successful at achieving.  It's still free video game poker so there's always going to be that bingo element occasionally, but in my experience it's not that hard to find good games at higher stakes. This game does as good a job as any other I've seen at people playing somewhat thoughtful poker even though it's free.  This game is the least "pay to win" poker game I feel like I've seen.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

As for pay to win I also disagree.  $100 for $3.5M?  That's not a lot of chips for the $$.  I ran the original PS Plus bonus from whatever it was, a couple hundred thousand, up to $8M and I'm not a great player; it's just not that hard to capitalize on the really bad players.  I applaud the devs for making chips expensive though..it's a relatively low ratio of what you get for your $$ as compared to how difficult it would be to just earn it in-game.  As opposed to $10 buying you $100M in chips like most phone apps.  That would flood the game with chips and destroy the poker-quality they've been relatively successful at achieving.  It's still free video game poker so there's always going to be that bingo element occasionally, but in my experience it's not that hard to find good games at higher stakes. This game does as good a job as any other I've seen at people playing somewhat thoughtful poker even though it's free.  This game is the least "pay to win" poker game I feel like I've seen.

I agree with this perspective.

Although, $100 is a lot of money. I don't think PP should offer 100M chips for $10, but I think there needs to be a happier medium. Maybe 25M for $100. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around 35M chips for $1000 :SAdditionally, the more chips players have at their disposal the more time players will spend playing the game. IMO, the chip economy is to small and that could deter some players (especially beginners) from playing continuously. I could be wrong.

The issue for me is that this game offers no reason for me to contribute monetarily (especially in small amounts) for further development. I have enough chips, clothes, accessories, tattoos, etc. to satisfy my needs and I haven't spent one penny on this game. I also started off with the PS Plus package. Although, at one point I lost all of my chips and had to grind my way back up.

If a customer truly loves a company and it's products (digital or physical form) they will invest in that companies progress and development. This game doesn't offer a way for me to invest in its future.

Well anyways, I'm on my way to Wal-Mart to take what they have to offer and not pay for it. Let's see what happens... I'll keep everyone updated (or just tune in to CNN in about 2hrs) :ph34r::o:/:|

Especially considering that Pipeworks regularly does giveaways for that exact amount (3.5m) during their poker streams on twitch, and not-so-regularly on twitter/facebook. When the giveaways are held, they usually pick 2-3 winners. This is how I KNOW the chips are overpriced. Name ONE other game company that gives away $300 worth of content weekly. You can't, because companies don't do that. Which means in no way whatsoever are 3.5m chips worth $100. Even the devs don't think they're worth $100, and they're the ones getting your money.

I was willing to buy a Boost at one point, before I realized that boosts aren't available in the shop. That's no longer the case. About a month ago, I scored a 3-day boost from a lootbox. In those 3 days, I managed to score another 20-something lootboxes, opening them as I got them. I got up to 29 days worth of boost before I decided to stop opening them. Now with 2 days left on my boost, I have nearly 100 lootboxes saved up. I don't want to open them, because they might have more boosts inside, and I need to take a long overdue break from this game. Since boosts tick down whether you play or not, I feel like I HAVE to play when a boost is active, and I don't like that feeling one bit.

On 27/01/2018 at 12:49 AM, Farmer John40 said:

Bom ponto.  

O PP foi escrito para fornecer entretenimento a uma maioria de jogadores. Que eles ainda estão pensando em maneiras de melhorar o jogo para a maioria dos jogadores deve ser aplaudido. 

Thanks Prominence!! I just lost 2 trap hands on river just losing because low kicker. It´s a festival preflop pair start, turn for nothin and river to loose all chips. Also several flush in a few rounds. This is nuts.

11 hours ago, Klan Saito said:

Thanks Prominence!! I just lost 2 trap hands on river just losing because low kicker. It´s a festival preflop pair start, turn for nothin and river to loose all chips. Also several flush in a few rounds. This is nuts.

I know the feeling!   I counted 5 bad beats during one game, and none of them were PP's fault.     PP provides a table and a deck of cards, nothing more.  All players receive cards from the same deck and when 6 players play , five of those players are not going to win!

I'm responsible for when I check, raise, or fold, and when I'm dissatisfied with the outcome, it's an indication that I should change the way I'm playing.

• Like 1

Well, I´m just uploading some videos from today. Later I´ll post here. I played same table in 1 hour and you can check it out.

About hold´em, I play since 1999 (party poker / pokerstars). This is not the feeling, Poker is poker, bad beats happen.

And it´s easy to argument if you are not playing. I invite you to play, it´s a pleasure if I don´t loose all my poker chips meantime! LOL