Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

4 minutes ago, LV_Jag said:

We have unranked quick play and unranked tournaments, although the tournaments for unranked are not "quick" play.  They are still there.  Adding unranked quick play tournaments seems kind of like a waste.  We have in-game chat, unless you are talking about in-game text chat.  PP is more than likely making money off of their chip packages in the PSN store.  I'm not sure what else you want them to add in regards to paid digital content.

Aight.

14 hours ago, DaWiz_ said:

Hey LV...

You must be referring to Four Kings.

I'm not advocating for the removal of the current blind structure. I'm simply suggesting that a "fast play" unranked tourney option should be added to the game. Although, IMO, 15 mins per blind increase is excessive for this game to gain mass appeal. 

I could be wrong, but I think it's worth discussing. I can't think of any other games on console where a match last upwards of an hour. I get it though... poker is different from most console games.

We made some adjustments to the speed of the game in general without touching the blind structure so hopefully that at least partially addresses some of that feedback. That update is currently live on Steam and should be launching on consoles in the next couple of weeks.

• Thanks 1

I'm not referring to ring games quick play.

Unranked tourney quick play would not be a waste bc millions of poker players are "currently" playing on various platforms and apps like right now.

Sorry for not being specific L's, but I'm most definitely referring to in-game "text" chat.

Digital content consists of more than chip bundles.

They can charge for:

Clothing bundles, table item bundles, accessories bundles, cosmetic card variations, loot cases, bonus chip wheel, ticket system for various things (for example: extra spins on the bonus chip wheel), etc.

I've already posted actual videos and screenshots regarding microtransactions in my previous posts. IMO, developers are only required to make sure players can continuously play their game. 

Players should not receive bundles of digital content for free, especially for a F2P game. If AAA titles are charging for cosmetics then why shouldn't this be the case with PP. In order to develop they need lots of money!!! 

I emphasize a lot about RL, bc they went from being an unknown PS3 game called "Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars" to winning numerous awards and being one of the most popular games across ALL platforms. I'm not making this stuff up. Ironically, I'm not even good in the game, but they entice players to spend money on "new" digital content including myself (and I rarely spend money on games & DC). If the devs at RL can make bank for a freaking once unknown game about "cars hitting a ball", I know Pipeworks can make bank on a card game that has been around since the 19th century and has millions of unique players. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_League

2017-11-10-11-48-30.thumb.jpg.28daca6971fb675ccdc5f6c89f8698a6.jpg

I think you play Overwatch, which you spent money on.

They're charging for DC. My point exactly.

FB_IMG_1510332063687.thumb.jpg.de6bd14199952297208f55fbfa76280b.jpg

Go to almost any game in the PS Store and they're making bank from "various" forms of digital content.

For crying out loud...

giphy.gif.85ed51eb914eccd8910d0e2209572cbc.gif

Edited by DaWiz_

Wiz, I paid money on Overwatch for the game.  I do not spend money on loot boxes as I earn free loot boxes when I level up.  Just like I earn free loot cases in PP when I rank up.   If PP wanted to add loot case packages in the PSN store, that would be pretty cool.  They would have a certain number of players who will purchase those packages.  Personally, I am not one of them and that's OK.  Rocket League doesn't get my money either, unless they have a really cool car I want.  Otherwise, I'm a cheapskate and use my money for real life necessities.

You don't know how much PP is earning off their chip packages.  Why are you so adamant on PP adding more paid digital content?  It wouldn't be a horrible idea, I mean, they know how to make a profit.  But coming at it this way seems very demanding.  Like, if you don't get your way with the demand of paid content you will quit playing the game again.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LV_Jag said:

Wiz, I paid money on Overwatch for the game.  I do not spend money on loot boxes as I earn free loot boxes when I level up.  Just like I earn free loot cases in PP when I rank up.   If PP wanted to add loot case packages in the PSN store, that would be pretty cool.  They would have a certain number of players who will purchase those packages.  Personally, I am not one of them and that's OK.  Rocket League doesn't get my money either, unless they have a really cool car I want.  Otherwise, I'm a cheapskate and use my money for real life necessities.

You don't know how much PP is earning off their chip packages.  Why are you so adamant on PP adding more paid digital content?  It wouldn't be a horrible idea, I mean, they know how to make a profit.  But coming at it this way seems very demanding.  Like, if you don't get your way with the demand of paid content you will quit playing the game again.

Well, I always take a universal approach to my suggestions and opinions. My posts are not based on my own personal behaviours "alone". My posts are based on voids that I think need to be filled within the game, and to the best of my knowledge this forum is the place to voice my opinions.

To be clear, my reason for not playing this game as much is not based on the lack of digital content. My activity has decreased bc I like to play tourneys more than ring games, but the time and effort spent on tourneys is to long for me "on an every day, every hour basis".  Additionally, I prefer to play ring games with more players. Six players are fine, but when 1-2 players leave the table, for example, ring games are not as fun.

I want PP to add more digital content so they can make more money in order to develop more content and make this game the go-to for console and PC. The only way to gain more traction is to know what your competitors are doing and to follow the successful trends within the gaming community. What's wrong with me stating the obvious?

My (sarcastic) apologies to the forum for not complaining about the card generator, bad beats, bingo players, the ELO rating system, etc. IMO, these are none issues, but people get more attention in this forum when they complain about those things.

But we good L's and I appreciate your critic.

Also, it's been stated in the past that most players play this game for free and don't buy chips as much. I haven't spent anything on this game. Although, I would if the enticement was truly there. I'm only making an assessment based on previous comments from Pipeworks. I've also read numerous posts from other players stating they haven't spent money on this game.

So why are we here? We want the devs to be successful, but not monetarily. That's backwards as hell.

In America this is all I know...

Edited by DaWiz_

8 hours ago, ClearConscious said:

We made some adjustments to the speed of the game in general without touching the blind structure so hopefully that at least partially addresses some of that feedback. That update is currently live on Steam and should be launching on consoles in the next couple of weeks.

I re downloaded Steam on my dated HP All-in-One CPU. After downloading and trying to open your game I received this msg:

2017-11-10-20-17-40.thumb.jpg.ce2de5e9d21363866901fcbb37ada6af.jpg

This is my 2nd time trying this method within the past year. I'm pretty sure its my cpu. So I'll be waiting on the console update.

4 minutes ago, DaWiz_ said:

I re downloaded Steam on my dated HP All-in-One CPU. After downloading and trying to open your game I received this msg:

2017-11-10-20-17-40.thumb.jpg.ce2de5e9d21363866901fcbb37ada6af.jpg

This is my 2nd time trying this method within the past year. I'm pretty sure its my cpu. So I'll be waiting on the console update.

Usually it's related to this issue: http://steamcommunity.com/app/384180/discussions/1/357286663677702002/

One last msg to the devs before I dive back into Ranked Games...

Before ranked games were introduced last winter my bankroll was around 500K. I could've reached 1M+ easier if I didn't spend chips on clothes, table items, etc., but I like customizing my avatar. Also, I would lose bundles of chips bc I played in ring games and regular tourneys with more than 20% of my bankroll. At times I tried to play responsible, but sometimes I would try my luck. Before ranked games the chip bundles seemed ok, but IMO those prices or chip amounts should've changed dramatically after the winter update. 

Currently, I have 9.5M chips thanks to a boost from ranked games over the past year. I commend you all for creating a way for players to boost their bankroll. It most definitely enhanced the playability of your game. While giving players a free boost in chips is great, I think players who spend money should be given a dramatic boost as well. This might be far-fetched, but if a player spends $100 on chips they should at least start off "presumably" on the 5M tables (25,000,000 x 20% buy-in). I'm sure there are some dynamics I'm not aware of, but a typical console gamer spends roughly $120 a year for one AAA game (For example: Call of Duty 59.99 + DLC 49.99). 

The asking price for your bundles simply offers no bang for the buck. I've noticed some of the recent deals, but overall paying customers deserve more. I'm sure you all worry about nuking the economy, but if it means more money in your pockets I think you all need to go for it. 

Edited by DaWiz_

Happy Veterans Day to any current or past service members!!!

My father served 20yrs in the U.S. Army before retiring so I'm familiar with a tiny fraction of the sacrifices you all make on behalf of our country. Thank You!!!

285945-Honoring-All-Who-Served-Veterans-Day.gif.197801fc3f24f094faf22bcefc84b52f.gif

• Thanks 1

I'm stuck btw a rock and a wall...

I want to play a quick tourney, and the only option I have is my WSOP app.

I can't find an unranked tourney according to 5 percent of my bankroll (200K) if I wanted to.

I'm in lounging mode (half sleep) and don't want to risk falling asleep like I've done dozens of times before when playing a ranked tourney. When I play ranked I prefer to be fully alert. I've literally passed out dozens of times throughout the year while playing ranked games. I know it upsets players when the timer continuously runs out. Sorry... I fell asleep-_- (FYI - I don't disagree with 15min blinds. It just would be nice to have a shorter option within the game.)

I don't want to play a ring game bc I would rather see bingo players eliminated from the table. It's just easier to win that way.

It's like playing COD and the only options I have is to play Team Deathmatch or Domination. What if I want to play Search and Destroy, Demolition, Capture The Flag, Kill Confirmed, etc.? Should Activision encourage me to play another game? I think not. 

It sucks to be alone in this forum regarding adding more game modes. I'll just wait until I'm fully alert to play PP, in the meantime WSOP is the only option I have while laying in the bed wanting to play a quick game of poker.

It would be so nice to play a quick 200K tourney and win up to 720K. One day you all will see the light...

Views from my bed:

CAM00614.thumb.jpg.0cf1f487440592b9d0050a91e0aa6ad9.jpg

I waited 30mins for an unranked 200K tourney with no results. The problem is right in front of my face (and yours). Does anybody have a solution? Does anybody care??????

CAM00615.thumb.jpg.dab841c7593d4776f7ac2e83d66b1add.jpg

Edited by DaWiz_

FYI - I'm good at predicting future situations. I took this picture at his 2nd rally ever on 11/2007 in Columbia, SC. My family, friends, and coworkers talked down to me, tried to discourage me, looked at me different, but when you're right... you're right. Later on in 2008 they changed their tune.

I didn't have a smartphone in 2007. I took this pic (and more) with a disposable camera. (In the pic: Barack, Michelle, & Oprah)

CAM00616.thumb.jpg.3888f0f8ba75c5faa99881c33cd5d0da.jpg

Edited by DaWiz_
  • Like 1

So I was thinking, the current "quick play" mode is over hyped. In all actuality it's just a "lazy button". While it's nice to be able to jump into a ring game quickly, players can easily go through casual games to get to the same destination. 

It would be nice if quick play took players to a "sub menu" and then from there players can choose a ring or tourney game based on their "default buy-in".

Tourney quick play games could have a 6-8 min blind structure including a fast timer. This mode could include an approximate wait time feature. I think this game needs such a system to keep players in the loop and as a secondary tourney option to the "current" ranked games. Potentially players could gain/lose chips at a faster rate. Additionally, matchmaking would improve for casual tourneys bc players won't be stuck in one tourney for a long time. 

This would be a happy medium for players who also enjoy fast tourneys similar to the app experience without the games being as short as app based poker (which undoubtedly has millions of players). Why not "try" to tap into that market????

Personally, sometimes I go home during my hour lunch break and play games. It would be nice to play tourneys in those type of situations. Sometimes I have family matters to tend to, and it would be nice to play a quick tourney when I don't have as much time to play ranked games.

As it stands, anything is better than the "current" casual tourney matchmaking situation. Although, the current casual tourneys could remain unchanged for players who prefer that experience, public or private.

Some players have asked for multi level (table) tourneys in the past, quick play for tourneys could open the floodgates for such a feature. I don't see how multi level tourneys can ever come to fruition with a 15min blind structure. 

Edited by DaWiz_

It would be cool if you all could turn the loot cases into a mini slot machine of randomized items, and include a trading system for players.

You all could possibly gain some nice residual revenues for your future digital content.

I was up all night trading crates and digital content on RL. It was a pretty cool experience.

Well... this was fun! I'll be back in a couple of months to entertain the forum. Hopefully we'll continue to see great updates to this game we love in the near future.

Thanks for your time and my apologies for my imperfections.

Carpe Diem

Edited by DaWiz_

My brain is still itching lol...

I've come to the conclusion that ranked games are not for me. When ranked games were introduced I was elated bc the only option we had prior was casual tourneys. I was happy the devs added a game mode with enhanced matchmaking (w/o partys). Although, the removal of tiered buy-ins is a "big" issue for me. I think the current setup is geared more towards players who have a lower bankroll. I'm currently at 10M and it doesn't make sense for me to grind my way to Diamond anymore to get the 1.5M chip award. I would rather just play ring games and PS community higher stake tourneys. Hopefully, you all will add in-game networking asap for all players, especially since most of your playerbase doesn't participate in communities. As with any game, I'm trying to figure out where I fit in this game, what works best for me. 

I will play ranked games again if one of the following is added or changed:

Tiered buyins.

A chip multiplier for top ranked players.

A quicker blind structure if the buy-in remains at 10K.

The end of season rewards are increased.

Before the last update occurred one of my primary goals was to make it to the next tier to play on higher stake tables. My ultimate goal was to play 100K games with other Diamond players. Since the tiered buy-ins were removed I just don't have the motivation to grind out 10K games everyday for 1.5M chips per month.

I've made every suggestion that has been on my mind in this topic and previous topics I've created over the past year. Some opinions I think are legitimate concerns, and I'm aware that some might not be (hopefully not all lol). 

Please don't kill the messenger lol....

348252-576c658b720f46a778973f47afcab670.jpg.gif.c50282ba7877e42aa5c655e37544466b.gif

I downloaded Four Kings earlier to time their blinds. The blinds were approximately 5mins long. The game I played was about 20mins long. The game would have been longer if players weren't shoving as much, but I have no quarrels with how players choose to play poker. I just stick to my strategy.

I still think tourney fast play is desperately needed for PP for players who want to play a quick game without having to go to a PP competitor.

I'm curious to know what games the devs play. Do y'all observe any other poker games that people are playing (console, PC, tablets, etc)? 

Like I mentioned previously, I worked in sales and business development for over a decade. I was always tasked with acquiring information about competitor companies. Typically companies are marketing to the same pool of "specific" customers. 

Unless a company has a new invention they typically can't create new clientele, they can only gain the interest of the existing pool of clientele; in this case poker players. So in order to grow your user base a company has to take customers away from their competitors (for the most part).

I think the devs here are trying to reinvent the wheel instead of enhancing it appropriately to gain the interest of "diverse and habitual" poker players. Basically, it's your way or the highway. This has become a trend for a lot of gaming studios. For example, I recently read where Bungie (Destiny 2) has been manipulating their player base in order for the players to purchase more loot boxes. It's plenty of other examples where developers are trying to force gamers into a box. Some of these gamers, like me, have been playing games since Atari, Nintendo, Sega, SNES, etc., but developers still don't take heed to the customer's best interests and gaming needs.

I've been told in the past that if I don't like the "direction" of a game don't play it, but the issue is I spent $400+ on hardware (PS4) with the hopes of playing the best games the console gaming industry has to offer. This generation of developers are letting us down and that's so unfortunate.

On 11/10/2017 at 12:24 AM, Farmer John40 said:

Maybe it's because he's more concerned with the tens of thousands of players enjoying the game than he is of one or two players who have been complaining in every post.

just saying.  9_9

I'm just curious... how do you know tens of thousands of players are "enjoying" this game? Where "specifically" did you acquire that information?

Originally I didn't respond to this post bc it's farfetched.

4 hours ago, DaWiz_ said:

I'm just curious... how do you know tens of thousands of players are "enjoying" this game? Where "specifically" did you acquire that information?

Originally I didn't respond to this post bc it's farfetched.

Mainly because they're not complaining all the time.

Logic would seem to indicate that people who don't enjoy doing something, stop doing it.  Yet there are tens of thousands of people playing PP, so I just assumed that they were enjoying the game.  

Are you suggesting that people play pp for some other reason?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Farmer John40 said:

Mainly because they're not complaining all the time.

Logic would seem to indicate that people who don't enjoy doing something, stop doing it.  Yet there are tens of thousands of people playing PP, so I just assumed that they were enjoying the game.  

Are you suggesting that people play pp for some other reason?

I was just curious regarding your source of "hard data".

I have no interest in disagreeing with personal assumptions. 

Personally, I can't assume why people do anything in life without some form of communication. Although, I do think people have more than one reason for doing something. For example, players might play PP bc there's not to many other options on their gaming console.

Additionally, everyone who plays PP doesn't participate in the forum. Only 3,907 players across all platforms have joined the forum. I also don't know how many of those thousands of players are active on a consistent basis. 

Logic isn't based on assumptions. I don't enjoy going to work, but I still go. I don't enjoy driving in traffic, but I still drive. I don't enjoy losing in poker, but I still play. I could go on for days about things I don't enjoy, but still do.

logic - reasoning conducted or assessed according to "strict principles of validity".

assumption - a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, "without proof".

Thanks for your response.

23 hours ago, Mike Kelly said:

These are all great suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to write them up.

It's all in good faith... and fun. :D

Edited by DaWiz_