Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Kitty Paine

Ranking up in your affiliation

I'd like more info on this too but I think as you level up you level up in your affiliation too. When you go to your affiliation page I'd like to know what the two lines around your chip represents. A yellow one and a blue one. I think it is progression for both your character and your affiliation but not sure.

On 9/7/2016 at 2:37 AM, Kitty Paine said:

How does it work Exactly? I joined the Hearts btw.

It's pretty simple: As you play Prominence Poker, you'll gain Rep which will increase your player level and your Affiliation Rank. Gain enough Rep and you'll have the option to go up a Rank. Each successive Rank offers better rewards, like large stacks of chips and exclusive outfits.

On 9/7/2016 at 8:33 AM, xXLuckySlydogXx said:

I'd like more info on this too but I think as you level up you level up in your affiliation too. When you go to your affiliation page I'd like to know what the two lines around your chip represents. A yellow one and a blue one. I think it is progression for both your character and your affiliation but not sure.

You're spot on about those lines. The red line on the inside is your character progress, while the yellow line on the outside is your progress toward the next Affiliation Rank.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nex said:

It's pretty simple: As you play Prominence Poker, you'll gain Rep which will increase your player level and your Affiliation Rank. Gain enough Rep and you'll have the option to go up a Rank. Each successive Rank offers better rewards, like large stacks of chips and exclusive outfits.

You're spot on about those lines. The red line on the inside is your character progress, while the yellow line on the outside is your progress toward the next Affiliation Rank.

How do you make progress toward the next affiliation rank?

29 minutes ago, iam37one said:

How do you make progress toward the next affiliation rank?

Just keep playing! All the Rep you earn is applied to both your player level and your Affiliation Rank. 

As you gain Rep and get closer to the next Affiliation Rank, you'll also unlock bonus chips and exclusive table items and outfits. You can see a full rundown of what's available by choosing "Persona" from the main menu, then "Affiliation." 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nex said:

I thought so. On the Xbox there is no red line. A blue line is on the inside and a yellow is on the out. So, ....logically...lol the blue is affiliation (right?).

I think the casual players need help with this tho. I was in chat one time and someone didn't know what the event was all about (it was happy hour btw). I had to explain it to him (trying to be an ambassador to the game). I don't know how to you could help random new inexperienced players get more understanding of the game but it might be worth your while.

21 minutes ago, xXLuckySlydogXx said:

I thought so. On the Xbox there is no red line. A blue line is on the inside and a yellow is on the out. So, ....logically...lol the blue is affiliation (right?).

I think the casual players need help with this tho. I was in chat one time and someone didn't know what the event was all about (it was happy hour btw). I had to explain it to him (trying to be an ambassador to the game). I don't know how to you could help random new inexperienced players get more understanding of the game but it might be worth your while.

Right!

And that's a good point. We'll be looking into how we can make the event explanations more clear for players.

• Like 1

I'll just add a few things from my own personal experience .

- I hit rank 2 of my affiliation in the high 60's. (It really starts to crawl after 50, so pay attention to boosts for quicker rep gain.)

- You will no longer gain rep once you hit the end of rank 1. (You must manually enter rank 2 or join another affiliation.)

- Leveling your affiliation occurs when you level. Not specifically when you gain rep. (But rep levels you, so it's the same difference. EXAMPLE: I gained 3,000 rep but my affiliation meter didn't rise. I leveled from 44 to 45 and my affiliation meter did rise.) I may be wrong on this so feel free to correct me. 

- Going up from rank 1 to rank 2 costs 25k chips. (Now calm down, it's actually worth it. Not to mention they'll literally give you 20k chips seconds before that as your final rank 1 reward. You'll also be granted access to a new tier of rewards with double the last tier's chip payouts. Think of it as an investment that will pay for itself many times over.)

- Leveling will go faster again once you hit rank 2 or change affiliations. (This is because challenges reset. Near the end of rank 1 Hearts, it took me two or more tournaments to level up once. But once I hit rank 2, I leveled up seven times in the very next tourney.)

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

When I play single player against my affiliation there's a green bar that rises when I play against the CPU does that only go up in single player? playing the same boss over and over is getting boring and the meter is only climbing up slightly 

Edited by LORD EVIL SNIPE

If i reached rank 3 in hearts affiliation and switch to another, will the hearts still be at rank 3 when i switch Back?

30 minutes ago, Sjaak said:

If i reached rank 3 in hearts affiliation and switch to another, will the hearts still be at rank 3 when i switch Back?

Yep, you never lose progress or rank by switching.

• Like 2

Thanks SevenSides.. Reading all of this really helps me to understand it all now. They don't do a well job explaining it, but as u explained it, it makes sense now. As an ambassador to this game on ps4 Playing tons of hours of poker, I was still confused on this, so thanks a lot. Helped very much here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xx_Big_ACT_xX said:

Thanks SevenSides

My pleasure.

And I'll add just a couple more things that might be worth noting;

- Switching back and forth between Affiliations can help you level faster temporarily. (Challenges are unique to affiliations and you can complete easy ones like "Freebies, Pay Blinds and Pairs" fairly quickly. SIDE NOTE: This will slow your affiliation leveling as you'll essentially be splitting your level rep gain between two factions. Do this at your own discretion.)

- The Daily Chip Bonus goes up every 10 levels. (This occurs exactly by the "tens". EXAMPLE: A level 29 player will still only get the same DCB as they did when they were 20. At level 30, it will go into the next tier.)

- Daily Chip Bonuses only go up by a slight amount every increase. (Hopefully this is adjusted in the future, because as it stands now, it feels pretty lackluster getting this increase only to realize you're basically getting the same amount of chips you did 50 levels ago. I'm in the mid-eighties and my DCB is 2,050 with the 5x daily sign-in streak going. I'll hazard a guess and say it's probably close to 3,000 at the max level of 310.)

If I can think of anything else, I'll keep rambling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daddysbusy23 said:

How do you get rep bonus.  I've seen players online with 50%-100% rep bonus.  How do you do that 

By playing during events and equipping table items. A full list of our events can be found in the Events page.

A hint I use to level up fast to get to the appropriate levels to boost your affiliation is this quick tip.

Go into a boss battle. All in all of the hands you'd usually fold preflop and play your strong hands as you normally would. The boss will fold 99% of the time preflop and you should be able to crush them with your big hands. By doing this trick I went from lvl 45 to 55 in an hour.

The only way  I've gained rep is to just grind it out!  Winning hands earn rep points, and before this scamming debacle, was an  indication of your playing history.

I started playing last August and currently have a rep of 409 points.  I've been in every affiliation reaching level 4 in hearts.   

Win a lot of hands and you'll receive a lot of points.  btw for every 10 points you win the daily cut increases.

Edited by Farmer John40

On 9/21/2016 at 11:50 AM, SevenSideSammy said:

- You will no longer gain rep once you hit the end of rank 1. (You must manually enter rank 2 or join another affiliation.)

What do you mean Manually Enter Rank 2?
I ask because it says im no longer earning rep.

2 hours ago, Wuss^Timmy said:

What do you mean Manually Enter Rank 2?
I ask because it says im no longer earning rep.

What that means is that when you have earned all the rep points available for a particular level you are given the option to select the next level, or chose another affiliation and begin accumulating rep points for that level.  Because you're receiving that message indicates that you chose to not select another level.

The easiest way to correct this is to chose to either select the next level or change affiliations.  Don't worry about an cost assonated has you'll quickly earn chips in the new level.  Changing affiliations will make more items appear in the store.

If you need chips or want to gain rep without risking losing either then, go play in the solo category.  You get to keep any winnings but loses are not taken away from you.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

Omg I finally found it. To Rank Up go to Persona -> Affiliation. There is an option to “Rank Up”.  Took me 2 years to find it lol.