ClearConscious

Interview with Lead Designer

7 posts in this topic

1.  After the diamonds update do you plan on adding another variant of poker, like say Pot Limit Omaha?

2. Will you offer deeper stack ring games.  Example:  At 1 mil tables blinds are 5k/10k, I'd like a game where I can buy in for 2 mil right from the start (blinds are still at 5k/10k), or 200 big blinds.

3. Do you plan on adding a post season to ranked tournaments and heads up?  People would love for their regular season to count towards winning a championship in the playoffs.

4. Do you have plans to further expose your game via social media?  Example: It would be cool to have a "game of the week", where people enter in advance, then you stream it and have guest announcers do commentary on the game.  This would be great in a hypothetical championship match (see question 3).

5. Can you make it easier for us to join a "game with the developers"?  As it is now its hard to tell who is a developer and when you all are playing (be cool if there was a temporary "developer game" in the menu options when one enters the game.)

That's all I can think of for now and thank you for a great game.

• Like 3

Just general questions about the game going forward. Will we see more updates after the diamonds with clothes, table items, etc.

I'd also be curious to know what made the game come about. It's cool to play a poker game with its own vibe to it as opposed to just hey here's poker. 

Ditto on the great game. Thanks for making it.

• Like 2

Will text chat features be added in the future? I'll stop asking once I'm given an answer.

Outside of that this game is near flawless as-is. I like some of the ideas mentioned above. Of course more venues is a major plus. If would be cool to have a WSOP tourney type of venue with an audience in the background. 

• Like 1

It appears to me that this is taken as a features request thread. Is that the purpose?

Currently the Rating system is preventing players from achieving ratings higher than Gold. A law of diminishing returns is penalizing everyone who gains. As I get close to 1200 it becomes impossible to climb higher. Every game is against lower rated players and I find myself Losing points for 3rd place and even 2nd place finishes. Gains for flat out winning also evaporate. As it stands now many players are sitting on their ranks and not playing because all incentive is gone. Only risk remains. Are you aware of this and do you have any solutions to enable players to actually gain ranks?

Secondly, I'd like an emote option for a "Tip of the Cap". Lot of hats on here and a natural I'd think.

On 7/19/2017 at 8:40 PM, Squid said:

1.  After the diamonds update do you plan on adding another variant of poker, like say Pot Limit Omaha?

2. Will you offer deeper stack ring games.  Example:  At 1 mil tables blinds are 5k/10k, I'd like a game where I can buy in for 2 mil right from the start (blinds are still at 5k/10k), or 200 big blinds.

3. Do you plan on adding a post season to ranked tournaments and heads up?  People would love for their regular season to count towards winning a championship in the playoffs.

4. Do you have plans to further expose your game via social media?  Example: It would be cool to have a "game of the week", where people enter in advance, then you stream it and have guest announcers do commentary on the game.  This would be great in a hypothetical championship match (see question 3).

5. Can you make it easier for us to join a "game with the developers"?  As it is now its hard to tell who is a developer and when you all are playing (be cool if there was a temporary "developer game" in the menu options when one enters the game.)

That's all I can think of for now and thank you for a great game.

1. No

2.No

3.No

4.No

5.No

He's got a bag of nopes for you lol.   

Omaha isn't popular with new players.  If they can't play with 2 cards, why play with 4?