Sign in to follow this  
floWError

Weird new HU strategy or genius?

2 posts in this topic

So here's the story: I'm on Steam and playing game 3 of my provisional series.  So final game tensions :)

I play against some British guy/gal with a gun, black pin striped suit, and black glasses (leading me to believe he's an experienced player with high tier goods).

His Heads Up strategy was the weirdest thing ever.  He would ONLY either limp or shove all in.  No raises at all.  I kept folding to him since I didn't know his shove range.  I thought he was playing bad but he would take lots of time and fold hands when I proved to have the cards and raised.  He NEVER played back, ie re-raise, unless as an all in.

Eventually, he pre-flopped shoved 10-8 off and I called with A-J off, and he hit trips and I lost :(

I might try this as my strategy for playing someone for the first time, because it was really tilting, especially since he intentionally ran down the clock and then would just fold or go All in.  Obviously his strategy won't work a 2nd time now that I know he was shoving 10-8 pre-flop.>:(

Realistically? It's not a strategy. It's somebody doing whatever they feel like, and it happened to work out for them.