Sign in to follow this  
Mr Chips

Thank you for lowering the number of provisional matches

6 posts in this topic

Five always felt like too many, even for totally unranked players. In almost every tournament I played in last season at least half the players were provisional.

Now with only three provisional matches required, it feels like much less of a chore, and will hopefully mean more people getting their ranks and thus more silver and gold tournaments earlier in the season. :D

Edited by Mr Chips
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mr Chips said:

Five always felt like too many, even for totally unranked players. In almost every tournament I played in last season at least half the players were provisional.

Now with only three provisional matches required, it feels like much less of a chore, and will hopefully mean more people getting their ranks and thus more silver and gold tournaments earlier in the season. :D

Five tiers... three provs seems a little uneven. Also, it might give risky (all-in) players a chance to place higher initially. I was perfectly ok with five provs, but I'm sure most players will be happy with three. 

Im curious to know what tier a player will be in if they win all three provs.

Edited by DaWiz_

On 4/30/2017 at 8:58 PM, DaWiz_ said:

Im curious to know what tier a player will be in if they win all three provs.

That depends on a number of factors including where they placed at the end of the prior season, and the ranks of the other players in those provisional games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nex said:

That depends on a number of factors including where they placed at the end of the prior season, and the ranks of the other players in those provisional games.

This is true, because I won 1 and lost 2 heads-up but ended up Silver rather than Bronze, which surprised me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, floWError said:

This is true, because I won 1 and lost 2 heads-up but ended up Silver rather than Bronze, which surprised me.

Same thing happened to me on the stream yesterday. I only won one match, but since I was playing against high ranked players, I started in Silver, despite ending last season in Bronze.

I'm ok with 3 provs, especially since I'm starting off in the gold tier. It spends up the process. I'm sure it works out better for PC players too.