Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Fold more hands than calling.. and be willingto call anything once you "limp" in other wise fold.  If you want callers then only check or bet low. And Dont bluff unless you have mastered the 10 winning hands.  Good luck when you are matched up vs me. Aka six6dragon. 

Welcome to Texas B!tch 512

20170427_210127.jpg

Edited by 6sixdragon
Grammatical error

On 4/30/2017 at 4:32 AM, 6sixdragon said:

Fold more hands than calling.. and be willingto call anything once you "limp" in other wise fold.  If you want callers then only check or bet low. And Dont bluff unless you have mastered the 10 winning hands.  Good luck when you are matched up vs me. Aka six6dragon. 

Welcome to Texas B!tch 512

20170427_210127.jpg

I don't see how not defending your blinds is a good strat.  Personally, if someone folds a lot I'll add a bunch of bluffs in my range.  Additionally,  if you call 100% of your limps, I'll remove my bluffs from my range and just value bet the snot out of you.  10x 20x, who cares you're calling right?

90% of my folds have always been pre-flop and I have a win % of played hands (PokerStars - 6 player cash games) of over 50%. If I see the flop, I win nearly 60% of the hands.

I never limp, even with pocket aces because, firstly, it means you don’t have ANY information about the other player’s hand. They could have literally anything, so when the flop comes, you don’t know where you are. If they have called you, you at least have SOME information.

Secondly, you want to isolate as much as possible. Even if you’re holding AA, your odds of winning a pot go to crap if there are 4 players in the hand. 

One of the most important skills in poker is using your bets to gain information on the other player’s hand. Even when I’m fairly certain I’m losing, I’ll occasionally fire out a bet that, realistically, only someone with a made hand would call. If they call/raise, I know they are ahead. If they fold, then I win the pot. Either way, you’re better off. Checking gains you zero information and I only use it to trap very occasionally.

Edited by NoMoreLuke