Sign in to follow this  
Eugene

Humiliating behaviour (not related to cards, ranks or playing)

5 posts in this topic

[REDCATED]

Thinly veiled attempts to call people out on the forums are still attempts to call people out on the forums. -- Nex

May I suggest tournaments?  Ranked play demands a commitment that seems to create more serious play, starting at the Gold level.  A key advantage of ranked play is that it eliminates poor players, forcing them to play ring games.

I've also noticed that Saturday afternoons there are more slash and burn players while players playing in the mornings during weekdays are more civil.

• Like 2

That's the problem with ring games, you get all sorts of people.

The ones who go all-in the second they get a high card...or even when they don't. The people who spend the entire time spamming emojis, the ones who do massive raises every single pre-flop, the ones who spend the whole time on mic screaming about how there is someone in the house and that they need help - then annoyingly play a loud gunshot sound and then stop talking entirely.

It's usually best to just try a different table. You may discover that the next table you try is even better than the previous one anyway.

As the other person has said, tournaments are MUCH better. Give tournaments a try, you'll be amazed at how much better the overall game play styles and attitudes are.

• Like 1

Do you know what I think is one of the major reasons why people lose so much in this game?

They lack patience.

I see that all the time. The longer a game lasts, the crazier the bets become, even with really crappy hands. Bets of sizes, even all-ins, that they would have never done at the beginning of the game.

Also, if somebody loses a big portion of their money (like they are at something like 9k and they lose 7k of it), there's like a 80-90% chance that they will go all-in the very next turn, or within a couple of turns. I see this all the freaking time. This is so common that if somebody loses a big portion of their money, I usually fold the next few turns pre-flop (unless I have something like pocket aces) because I know that that guy will make an all-in, probably the very next turn, or within a couple of turns. And I'm almost always right. Very, very rarely do they surprise me by actually playing smartly.

The lack of patience can be seen even while queuing for a casual tournament game. Quite often people will appear to the queue, only to leave in like 10 seconds, if the game doesn't start immediately. I have seen this happen often even if there's like 4 people already queuing, and a 5th player appears... only to leave in a few seconds, because the game didn't start immediately. Sometimes another person appears in a few moments as the new 5th player. If that previous guy had just waited for some tens of seconds, the game would have started. But no.

And, of course, the lack of patience can be seen in people complaining that people are letting their timers run out. Sheesh. What is it? Like 10 seconds? I think you can wait for ten seconds of your life for somebody to auto-fold. Have some patience, for crying out loud.

Edited by Warp
  • Like 2

Sorry, but I've gotta lock this one. Don't call people out on the forums.

• Like 2