Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Skiddalz

So long, Prominence!

Recommended Posts

I decided to delete Prominence Poker off my XBox... I was playing it way too much and the million bad beats did it for me. I was 8 pts away from Diamond and managed to drop down to Gold in 2 days lol. Sooo, I quit. But, I had fun playing with everyone and all of the cool people I met through the game. Take care everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skiddalz said:

I decided to delete Prominence Poker off my XBox... I was playing it way too much and the million bad beats did it for me. I was 8 pts away from Diamond and managed to drop down to Gold in 2 days lol. Sooo, I quit. But, I had fun playing with everyone and all of the cool people I met through the game. Take care everyone.

I'm curious, why didn't you realize that the way you were playing wasn't working, and play differently? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never said they targeted me. Nice assumption. It's widespread knowledge that bad beats happen a lot on the game. 

Also I play the hands I'm dealt. You win some, you lose some. But, when I need one club for a flush, have an open-ended straight, and have two higher cards in my hand than my opponent ALL on the flop, and he beats me with a pair of 6s is just crazy. But, people draw out 2 cards on the turn and river to make a straight against my 2 pair on the flop. Nothing you can do about it when people literally call any bet on this game. It would be okay if this happened a few times... But it does several times in one game. What am I supposed to do differently? Fold those hands because I know this game will work against me? Might as well not even play then. Oh yeah, that's what I'm doing. What I was doing was working... I have been consistently among the top of the leaderboard this season. All of this bad beat stuff just started happening the past couple of days. I mean I have had plenty of bad beats, but it seemed to happen almost any good hand I had. Like I said I was less than 10 points away from Diamond. That is no easy feat.

I made this post to just say I had fun playing with the people I did. Not to say this game targeted me. But, it wouldn't be out of the question seeing as they want you to spend real money to buy chips and stuff. I didn't realize I was going to get negative responses just by saying I enjoyed playing while I did. If I knew how to delete the thread I would.

Edited by Skiddalz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HyricanDR said:

Im sure hes said that same line before, dont worry about it. Cya 

Thank you. I may be back in the future sometime. Who knows? But, this game is very addicting and I was finding myself playing more than interacting with people in real life lol figured I needed a break anyway. I think the string of bad luck just gave me an excuse. This game has made me a better player for live games, that's for sure. A lot of talented poker players on here. See ya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbone gamers have no loyalty lol. Just delete the game... you don't have to broadcast it. 

Also a bad beat for one player is a good beat for another player. We don't talk about all the "good beats" enough! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch! That must be painful. It's hard enough climbing up platinum, let alone getting a win away from diamond :-O

At least the weather is good, so you picked a good time to take a break.
 

This is usually my response when I go from almost going up a tier to dropping down in the current tier:
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DaWiz_ said:

Xbone gamers have no loyalty lol. Just delete the game... you don't have to broadcast it. 

Also a bad beat for one player is a good beat for another player. We don't talk about all the "good beats" enough! 

Lol not loyal to a game about lying and deceit and gambling, but I've definitely been a loyal XBox player. 10 years and counting in that department. I wouldn't necessarily call those good beats. But, sure. And it wasn't necessarily broadcasting it, just wanted to say a farewell to the good players on the game. Why are people getting upset at my thread? Lol calling me disloyal. Are there a lot of trolls in here or something?

Edited by Skiddalz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Chips said:

Ouch! That must be painful. It's hard enough climbing up platinum, let alone getting a win away from diamond :-O

At least the weather is good, so you picked a good time to take a break.
 

This is usually my response when I go from almost going up a tier to dropping down in the current tier:
 

 

Lol yessss, that sums it up completely. Oh, it was definitely painful... Like a "How did I get here?" moment lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone delete this thread, please? I regret posting my opinions and thoughts on here. I didn't know I was in a Facebook comment section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skiddalz said:

Can someone delete this thread, please? I regret posting my opinions and thoughts on here. I didn't know I was in a Facebook comment section.

I think I see the problem here.

 

Also... you'll be back. They always come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Skiddalz said:

Never said they targeted me.

And then you proceed to describe how it's just you who is getting bad beats all the time...

Or maybe PP has me in a whitelist, because I'm not experiencing any unusual amount of bad beats. That must be it.

Do you know what I think is happening? You are paying attention to the bad beats, and forgetting about regular rounds, and then you get the false impression that bad beats happen more often than they should.

You might argue that you don't experience that many bad beats in other online poker games. Do you know why that is? Because usually in those other games the other players make you fold pre-flop by making a raise. You can't be badly beaten when you have folded.

In PP almost nodoby raises pre-flop, and thus everybody limps, and then sometimes somebody wins the round with a "crappy" hand. If you want to avoid that, make a big raise pre-flop if you think you have a good hand. Listen to the pros; they will tell you that very thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Warp said:

And then you proceed to describe how it's just you who is getting bad beats all the time...

Or maybe PP has me in a whitelist, because I'm not experiencing any unusual amount of bad beats. That must be it.

Do you know what I think is happening? You are paying attention to the bad beats, and forgetting about regular rounds, and then you get the false impression that bad beats happen more often than they should.

You might argue that you don't experience that many bad beats in other online poker games. Do you know why that is? Because usually in those other games the other players make you fold pre-flop by making a raise. You can't be badly beaten when you have folded.

In PP almost nodoby raises pre-flop, and thus everybody limps, and then sometimes somebody wins the round with a "crappy" hand. If you want to avoid that, make a big raise pre-flop if you think you have a good hand. Listen to the pros; they will tell you that very thing.

I understand your point. I'm playing with really good players on this game since I'm in the platinum tier. Most times I won't play if someone raises pre-flop... Even if I have connectors or high cards or suited. I just don't want to get into it. For instance, one hand I had K J suited and raised pre-flop...A nice raise in ranked tourney play. Someone called me with a 4 in their hand....K 4 and another card came out, so I raised again. On the turn was another 4. Just things like that. But, I get it. 

Edited by Skiddalz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skiddalz said:

Lol not loyal to a game about lying and deceit and gambling, but I've definitely been a loyal XBox player. 10 years and counting in that department. I wouldn't necessarily call those good beats. But, sure. And it wasn't necessarily broadcasting it, just wanted to say a farewell to the good players on the game. Why are people getting upset at my thread? Lol calling me disloyal. Are there a lot of trolls in here or something?

 

ada232f9f870cf829171fa8990916aa9.1000x1000x1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skiddalz said:

Can someone delete this thread, please? I regret posting my opinions and thoughts on here. I didn't know I was in a Facebook comment section.

Man... you good. Nobody's hating on your topic, but it is a little peculiar.

I give PP a break from time to time (especially after a gut wrenching loss), but I personally will never go to a game studio's "forum" to deliberately let everyone know that I'm deleting the game they've spent a lot of time developing. But whatever floats your boat.

So you have to ask yourself... who's really being a troll?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DaWiz_ said:

Man... you good. Nobody's hating on your topic, but it is a little peculiar.

I give PP a break from time to time (especially after a gut wrenching loss), but I personally will never go to a game studio's "forum" to deliberately let everyone know that I'm deleting the game they've spent a lot of time developing. But whatever floats your boat.

So you have to ask yourself... who's really being a troll?

Just venting frustration. I'm human. And I don't know how many posts I said I wanted to bid farewell to the awesome players, and also how addicting the game is. Obviously that's an ode to the fact I really enjoyed playing the game and the developers created a good one, especially since there is no real competition out there for it. But, yeah, pick and choose what I said lol I also said I'd be back. Sooooo... I can't delete this thread so be it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if someone has a critique or doesn't like something about the game, I'm pretty sure the developers should have thick enough skin to either take it with a grain of salt or use it for improvement on the game. I shouldn't be getting all of this negative feedback from people. I didn't come on here bashing. Just said I encountered a lot of bad beats and I deleted the game because I give up on trying to reach Diamond. And that has been taken way out of context and being blown up like I really hurt someone's ego or feelings. What the hell does my opinion or thoughts matter to you anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BedsideFungus89 said:

That's a shame really.  The last few times I've played with you, you were a lot better than the first time I played with you.  

Thank you. Honestly, I was venting right after a tournament I lost in. I would have deleted this thread hours ago if I had the option. Instead I just have to deal with being humiliated by it until the mods give a delete button lol I am coming back to the game. Needed a break though. Obviously (I.e this post lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.4.2017 at 11:14 PM, Skiddalz said:

I understand your point. I'm playing with really good players on this game since I'm in the platinum tier. Most times I won't play if someone raises pre-flop... Even if I have connectors or high cards or suited. I just don't want to get into it. For instance, one hand I had K J suited and raised pre-flop...A nice raise in ranked tourney play. Someone called me with a 4 in their hand....K 4 and another card came out, so I raised again. On the turn was another 4. Just things like that. But, I get it. 

Sometimes it can be a viable strategy to fold to a pre-flop raise even with a very strong hand. It depends a lot on the situation.

For example, if you are comfortably on the lead, and have no reason to risk your position, and two other players with much smaller stacks seem to be fighting among themselves, then it may be quite smart to just let them fight and stay out of it, even if you have a strong hand. With luck, one will eliminate the other, and you will indirectly benefit from securing a better position in the end results.

This is especially so if one of them went all-in. If you don't want to risk your position, just fold (unless, perhaps, you have pocket aces and want to take the risk). If you have a comfortable lead, and much to lose, just stay out of it. It's a safe strategy. (Of course it won't carry on forever, but as said, it depends on the particular situation.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this