Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

DuplexEmperor

Cross-platform capability announced by Microsoft

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this has already been brought up (forum search would be great!) but Microsoft announced support for cross-network play! With Sony's cooporation the player base could finally be brought together into one giant pool.

Thoughts or comments from the powers that be?

Link to article:

Microsoft will allow Xbox gamers to play against PS4 and PC players

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DuplexEmperor said:

Not sure if this has already been brought up (forum search would be great!) but Microsoft announced support for cross-network play! With Sony's cooporation the player base could finally be brought together into one giant pool.

Thoughts or comments from the powers that be?

Link to article:

Microsoft will allow Xbox gamers to play against PS4 and PC players

 

Sony will never sign on to this. They're the dominating console and have no incentive to join forces with Microsoft. I play RL and I disable cross play on my PS4 w/ PC gamers. I respect PC gamers bc they spend the most on hardware, but I would rather not compete with mouse & key gamers.

For a game like PP cross play would be fine, but combining consoles doesn't seem logical in a free market environment where competition is key. If it ever happens on a grand scale I most definitely will invest in a gamer PC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2017 at 8:28 PM, DaWiz_ said:

Sony will never sign on to this. They're the dominating console and have no incentive to join forces with Microsoft. I play RL and I disable cross play on my PS4 w/ PC gamers. I respect PC gamers bc they spend the most on hardware, but I would rather not compete with mouse & key gamers.

For a game like PP cross play would be fine, but combining consoles doesn't seem logical in a free market environment where competition is key. If it ever happens on a grand scale I most definitely will invest in a gamer PC.

In what way do Pc gamers spend the most? lol

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jzosel said:

In what way do Pc gamers spend the most? lol

Not worth debating.

You can google "console vs pc sales" though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ClearConscious said:

We've talked about cross-platform play. For us it makes sense after a possible mobile version.

Mobile version??? Care to elaborate.

I'm open to playing with PC players, nothing against Xbone. I just think consoles need to remain separate. Plus PS wouldn't approve console cross-play anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DaWiz_ said:

Mobile version??? Care to elaborate.

I'm open to playing with PC players, nothing against Xbone. I just think consoles need to remain separate. Plus PS wouldn't approve console cross-play anyway. 

 

14 hours ago, Hecubus912 said:

Mobile!  Time to upgrade my data plan!

 

Just discussing whether or not it's a feasible idea.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.