Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

whitep0ny84

Prominence Poker is rigged! (Joke)

Just a 4.8m pot, no big deal, where everyone flopped a set (myself included) and the other guy flopped the nuts.

And you know what? I didn't cry about it. I just laughed and said nice hand!

IMG_0852.JPG

Edited by whitep0ny84
  • Like 7

On 08/02/2017 at 10:02 PM, whitep0ny84 said:

Just a 4.8m pot, no big deal, where everyone flopped a set (myself included) and the other guy flopped the nuts.

Why does everyone say its 'Rigged' Please... dont use this terminology.
It is a strange occurance. Ive seen it happen on real cash games before.
Once I saw an 7 way all in preflop in a real money tournament, and everyone had a pocket pair.

Sheet Happens.

On February 19, 2017 at 3:25 PM, PennilessImp749 said:

Why does everyone say its 'Rigged' Please... dont use this terminology.
It is a strange occurance. Ive seen it happen on real cash games before.
Once I saw an 7 way all in preflop in a real money tournament, and everyone had a pocket pair.

Sheet Happens.

Who on earth is dumb enoughto throw  pocket 2s 3s or 4s in a huge multiway preflop. Must have been a very weird situation with the pockets inclining like position.  Id love to see that myself, never have. Usually just 3 or 4 ways k q v qq v a k or such, once 55 vs 88 v 10 10 or so... But 7 pockets? It might happen to be dealt, but please dont join the multiway with deuces xD 

Edited by HyricanDR
  • Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:03 AM, PennilessImp749 said:

Wow you are soo clever!.... Well done you you smart little boy...

I looked it up.. Did I get sarcasm right?

Yes, eventually. Well done.

• Like 1

I just managed to capture a screen shot of this most unlikely landing of hands.

3 handed all-in pre flop best two possible hole cards meet the worst possible hole cards with the only outcome you should expect (Sarcasm).

But like said by the original poster, you have to say nice hand through gritted teeth, not moan that it is rigged, and move on to the next hand with the information you have gained about a player who is prepared to go all-in with dross.   

Prominence Poker_20170307235008.jpg

Looking at that table, the 72o might have been priced in enough to give it a go.  The pot is only 12K, there are four left, and it seems like the blinds were high.  Looks like he was in the BB, so if it was getting late at all, he might have only been calling with 2K to win 10K, with an opportunity to knock out a player.

I played a long freaking game in Gold the other night, and the blinds got up to, I want to say, 1.5/3K.  I know each pot started at over 4K.  The table was sooooo conservative that they were fairly easy steamroll once we got to four.  They wold never commit all of there chips, which meant I could steal liberally.  the other three were trying to play for third and second, so I just bullied every hand.  Wasn't playing cards, was playing the situation.

The problem was, at 4 down, we were all pretty much even.  I had gotten behind early, but once I was shortstacked, I won a couple of all-ins.  But with four left, we had blinds of about 2K.  Average stack is 15K.  Everyone was shortstacked, but I was the only one willing to shove.  At that point, I'm shoving every A,K, pair, or two face cards.  Those were worth 2K a pop, and 3K if someone called the BB.  It wasn't long before I had the table dominated. 

A concept I got from the Harrington books was to keep your M in mind.  M (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-ratio) is how many times the button can make it around the table before you would blind out.  That effects how much play you have.  While you don't start shoving at an M of 10, the clock is ticking, especially since you are likely one of only 3 or 4 at that point.  In fact, I think he would consider a 3 handed M of 10.  He had a formula for how many people were left that would decrease it.

At this point M is just a sign post.  I can look at the table and see the dynamics I have to consider.  You know who is likely to fold, who is likely call, and all the other factors.  But when you have an M of 5, and you call the BB, you are pricing in the BB to shove on you.  Worse, in those situations, I might call, and then shove if I connected at all.  Maybe I fold if i don't see the board.  

But the other crucial part of using M is watching your opponents.  You can tell right away when they aren't aware of the concept, which is common here.  That table I descried is why.  I was pushing, even though in real poker I would have been quite bit more conservative.  If a player is shortstacked, I am careful about putting chips in because I know the shove is coming.  

There are folks that like to blast books for teaching baby poker, but those are just folks that don't read.  Harrington doesn't give you a recipe to follow, he gives you the tools to learn how to read the board, and how to react in a variety of situations.

I recommend the Harrington on Hold-em books to anyone that is trying to learn this game.  They are super easy reads, and M is about the most complicated math you will run into.  But the book is full of examples and and explanations.  If you like watching poker on TV even a little, it's like that, but getting some really useful analysis on why hands play out the way they do.

Rigged Yes it is! The algorithm in it say so.  In any porke game live online whatever!   

Sombody got to get paid.  We all know it a free game but really is it free,  that why they call it Pay to Play!  I like this game a lot but, I've played many online poker game and this is by far the best, but it's rigged no matter what you say!  What you guys should do is have a special area for those who pay for chips, play and those who don't get it like it is.  I've never lost as much in my life as I have n this game.  Yes I play professionally but that should not matter.  Good poker is good poker.  CSM Baby 

On 8.2.2017 at 11:02 PM, whitep0ny84 said:

IMG_0852.JPG

And for those hands I love poker!! ❤️

Nice! Similar hand happened to me in real life cash game once. I had AA, flop came A, 10, 7. We all ended up all in on the flop. Others had 10,10 and 7,7. Turn was an A to give me quads. Won about $1000 on that hand. It was a sweet feeling! 

Have I done the math right? T7s has a 20% chance of winning against AA pre-flop? He likely had you all on pocket pairs but nothing nuclear.

Edited by SnakePlissken