Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Squid

Simplify the Raising system.

I was playing last night and I finally figured out how to precisely raise.

The game centers the raising based on your last raise.  I was playing a ring game, and opened to 30 (5/10 blinds) and the same guy who had been raising to 100 every single hand made it 105.  I realized his opening range was mega wide, so I decided to 4 bet him.  In Holdem a good 4 bet size is about 2.5x-3x the 3 better (reraiser).  So I knew I wanted to make it about 270.  So I had to add 240 to my initial 30 to make it a raise to 270 total.

It shouldn't be that way, I shouldn't have to do math to figure out exactly where to slide the raise to.  I should have just been able to point the meter to 270, hit A and my raise is to 270.  Postflop if pot is 180 and I raise to 90, and someone min raises to 180, well I want to reraise that to 540.  I should just  put the meter to 540 and my raise is 540.  I shouldn't have to subtract 540 from 90 to get the the number I want.  It just slows the game down and I'd like to use the time to think more about what the opponents ranges could be.  I don't want to use my time to make sure I get the raise size right.

So please can you guys consider simplifying the raising.  What ever you point the meter to that will be your final raise.  Its easier and more intuitive.

On 9/18/2016 at 7:36 AM, Sjaak said:

I think it is good just as it is

I mean if you like having to do math to figure out where to point the meter more power to you.

But If I raise to say 300,and someone makes it 1000, I'd like to pop back to 2500.  I should just point to 2500 and there is my raise, raise TO 2500.  But the game is like "no sir, you'd have to point the meter to 2200, so that 2200 +300=2500". 

I just think pointing the meter to what you want to raise to is better.  I'd be like "I raise to, oh wait, doesn't work like that on here, let me do the math quick, hold on, while I attend to this needless delay" .

10 hours ago, Squid said:

I mean if you like having to do math to figure out where to point the meter more power to you.

But If I raise to say 300,and someone makes it 1000, I'd like to pop back to 2500.  I should just point to 2500 and there is my raise, raise TO 2500.  But the game is like "no sir, you'd have to point the meter to 2200, so that 2200 +300=2500". 

I just think pointing the meter to what you want to raise to is better.  I'd be like "I raise to, oh wait, doesn't work like that on here, let me do the math quick, hold on, while I attend to this needless delay" .

If its already been placed in a bet i consider it gone anyway,  i don't take that amount into consideration. 

Honestly i'd rather have another button to call. I've "checked" to many calls i didn't want to call. :(