Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

KingOfTrolls66

Poker Patience Vs. Bad Beat Tilt

We have all been there and done that, Maintaining a cool head and patience in poker goes a long way, and after a bad beat going on tilt everyone has felt this, its what you do with that tilted feeling that can make or break your stack, if that bad beat didn't bust you from the tourny, what do you poker players do? Count to Ten? Breath in Breath out? do jumping jacks? curse the person who made playing cards? Maintaining a cool head can eventually over time get you on the top of leader boards, I feel the Ranked tourny board has most Patient Poker players, what do you poker players think? Myself i'm happy to of made the top 20 of the leader board at #11 with 3 days to go. It's a grind to get there and Patience is Key along with some luck and continued learning and honing of your poker skills.

IMG_0841.JPG

• Like 1

I like these ranked tournaments, even the ranked head 2 head can be enjoyable, a person can take quite a hit in rank if things don't go their way though.  My biggest swing this season was achieved when I hit my highest rank of 1246 and after a bad run fell all the way down to 1186.  I'm currently trying to fight my way back to silver and sitting at 1208 with very little time left in this season I doubt I can crack the top ten, but it's sure fun to try.

• Like 2

@KingOfTrolls66 Just wanted to drop in and say congrats and I sure do miss playing with you and the guys from WSOP: Full House Pro days on XB360.  I switched to PC gaming instead of upgrading to the XB1. Wish this one would go multi-platform.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, rockguy24 said:

I like these ranked tournaments, even the ranked head 2 head can be enjoyable, a person can take quite a hit in rank if things don't go their way though.  My biggest swing this season was achieved when I hit my highest rank of 1246 and after a bad run fell all the way down to 1186.  I'm currently trying to fight my way back to silver and sitting at 1208 with very little time left in this season I doubt I can crack the top ten, but it's sure fun to try.

Your so right on that one Rockguy24, I was at 1198 at one point and then on a streak of bad beats went down to 1054. and like you said its great fun and the best challenge.

• Like 2