Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Cristian

Deck Shuffling Clarification - It doesn't seem random?

Interesting post, thanks for sharing.

I wonder how many less-skilled among us would play PP if the algorithm were changed to make it harder to win.

How many less skilled players would play PP if the shuffle wasn't some kind of SJW algorithm constantly trying to equalize players by assigning a hot seat to a given player? More likely than not an insignificant amount because they wouldn't know the difference. The fact remains that the reviews for this game are a direct result of the dealing algorithm and nothing else. Look at the reviews for Xbox Texas Hold'emin comparison. That game has few reviews but a high rank, and the play is boring. The reason for this is simple: players LOVE the Prominence Poker game but hate the forced Social Justice Warrior dealing algorithm. If the game wasn't SPECTACULAR in ALL other aspects it wouldn't prompt so many dismal reviews; players wouldn't bother. That's because we want to play the game for its unique play but resent the forced equality in the deal. The only explanation for such a decision is that supervisorsmade the call, not the development team. Lots of gaming companies have been making similar bad decisions, like Blizzard for example, who try to change the world by injecting identity politics into their games. It's a dangerous game to play, because while Overwatch remains their top selling game, Blizzard's stock value has yet to recover from the initial fallout when they joined ranks with the radical left. Fortunately GenZ is rejecting their idea of promoting hormone blockers for young children and trying to normalize pedophelia in their degenerate attempt to tear down their betters. Time will tell. The money bet would be to listen to their users, but for the radical left and the financiers that purposely hire these perverts their agenda to create a class of carnal-driven, emotional consumers comes first. Since Pipeworks was bought by Foundation 9 and located in Irvine (where Blizzard is) they've probably been infected too, resulting ultimately in some nonce suggesting it would be "funner for everyone" if the cards were dealt in such a way that it would help even things out for all players. Sort of like you just suggested. Thus ruining the actual game it's named after and ultimately making poker players resent it and leave bad reviews. If it was indeed created as a revenue stream they sure missed out on a whole lot of opportunities as mentioned in my previous post. It's still by far the best environment but whichever comes first, an upgrade or a different game gets my mony. END 🤷‍♂️

All video games are written for revenue enhancement.   The goal of the entire computer industry is to make a profit.

Even when you play real poker, only one person at the table wins a hand.

That said, I sure would like to have better hole cards.

6 hours ago, Farmer John40 said:

> The goal of the entire computer industry is to make a profit.

>better hole cards

Do you actually play this game? Not a single review mentions hole cards as an issue. That is absolutely never an issue in PP.

>conspiracy dun exists

I remember when I thought Disneyland was real too. Doesn't have to be some nonce involved in a conspiracy just a goof emoting their identity politics into a dev meeting.

Edited by Nate Highgers

1 hour ago, Nate Highgers said:

Do you actually play this game? Not a single review mentions hole cards as an issue. That is absolutely never an issue in PP.

>conspiracy dun exists

I remember when I thought Disneyland was real too. Doesn't have to be some nonce involved in a conspiracy just a goof emoting their identity politics into a dev meeting.

I play ranked tourneys at least 2 times a day every day of the week.  My chip count is around 47 million, I've been diamond 4 times, so yes I play PP.  During a typical season, I range from silver to platinum several times.

I have no issue with the cards I receive nor the cards dealt tp the community.

The only issued I have, is when 2 or more players join together via cell phone to cheat in a free game..

If you play that much why would you complain about hole cards when a 1/4 of the reviews call this game "Bad Beat Poker"? It ain't for nothing. 47M huh, I've had a tilt streak that cost me almost that same amount so interesting number you picked. 

The fact remains that the game has dismal reviews with nearly all of them noticing that the deal isn't even close to random. It's spectacular in every other way. 

You can pretend that your opinion is superior to everyone else but you just sound like a shill, tbh.😂😂😂

I like this game. I had a player pay for my table item’s refill 200+ times at one sitting 😂 but I’ve noticed that when I have an Ace and a low card, the flop always consists of high cards and a low card. I rarely get straights or flushes. It’s fun tho, I just wouldn’t buy chips or boosts lol don’t find it worthy enough to spend real money on. 

The issue with the card algorithm have ALWAYS been a problem with Prominence Poker. The expression "You been Prominenced" was made from the experience of being F*cked over by the game. And I have played Poker for 33 years..so I know when a game have issues with the card dealings.

Me and many others are waiting for a better game to come along. Hopefully it will. 

Either way..there won't be any update for this game (last was in Summer 2018)...just as there have not been any updates for Pure Holdem for years.

The annoying thing in the whole picture is that the developer gladly sell chips..boost,so they want more money,but have NO interest in updating the game.

It's an irony isn't it. They stop doing updates as they "dont get enough revenue"...But are happy to grab whatever cash they can get from selling and not consider that improving the game might also improve the income......

59 minutes ago, AceOfSpades said:

The issue with the card algorithm have ALWAYS been a problem with Prominence Poker. The expression "You been Prominenced" was made from the experience of being F*cked over by the game. And I have played Poker for 33 years..so I know when a game have issues with the card dealings.

Me and many others are waiting for a better game to come along. Hopefully it will. 

Either way..there won't be any update for this game (last was in Summer 2018)...just as there have not been any updates for Pure Holdem for years.

The annoying thing in the whole picture is that the developer gladly sell chips..boost,so they want more money,but have NO interest in updating the game.

It's an irony isn't it. They stop doing updates as they "dont get enough revenue"...But are happy to grab whatever cash they can get from selling and not consider that improving the game might also improve the income......

I agree, a video game will never replace reality.   That's what PP is, a video game..   I t was created and promoted by a software house (Pipeworks) and sold to a publisher (505games).   That's the way that the Video Game industry works.  In the last ten ears, I've played, about8  different versions of video hold-em poker.

PP is entertainment, you buy different things from the store, you change outfits, you interact with other players, and generally enjoy yourself.  I and my friends  play ranked tournaments, and we all lose with discussing regularity,. but by the end of the season, we've won more times than we've lost.

The difference with PP is that it also supports a forum.

18 hours ago, AceOfSpades said:

👍I wrote a long winded essay on this a page back and all I won was the FurmuhJohn bot troll 🤔too🤳

On 9/28/2018 at 4:39 AM, Tor Ivar Sæternes said:

Example 2 :

I FLOP the NUT FLUSH.

The other guy decide to push All Inn on the flop. He had about 7000.

and get the 1 outer..The ONLY card he can win with on the river. The 8 Diamond..for a Straight Flush.

These things don't happen by chanse. They happen because the game decide it to be so.

There are countless other situations that defy all logic in  the underdog getting there on the turn-river combined...or the river.

it happens way to often to be by chanse.

And it's so frustrating to us Poker players to loose because of it.... 🙄😒

please sort it out.

20180928_122518.jpg

Every honest person here with an IQ above room temperature knows the card shuffle algorithm is not poker but some weird programming stunt. That screenshot you posted happens all the time. They obviously don't care about players, the real question is why? 🤷‍♂️

On 11/16/2018 at 8:44 PM, Jayhawker said:

You are wrong. The RNG does not work that way. 

Sorry that you are bad at letting your brain detect patterns that aren’t there. Stick to video game poker. The real world will eat you alive. 

Warpo, Furmuh Joon and you are empty buckets, but you're the wet rag of the lot. As if, gremlin. The only way you could win at poker is if you played alone against your mum and she let you win. Now go back to work and try not to molest anyone 👌

5 hours ago, Nate Highgers said:

FermuhJohno either you're a bot or a shill that can't into reading. Half of wut u write it makey n0 cents long time. 🤷‍♂️

No, I'm not a bot.  Just someone who disagrees with you.