Cristian

Deck Shuffling Clarification - It doesn't seem random?

565 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2018 at 4:20 PM, LV_Jag said:

Not everyone thinks the game is rigged, Tor.  You do a lot of name calling of people you seem to play with regularly and trash talking the developer's of this game.  Haven't you "been finished" with this game multiple times already?  You keep coming back to play this game and it's "rigged" cards.

Let me show you WHY this game has a problem.

Have you EVER had the Nut Flush and been beaten by a Straight flush,on the River..TWO times in less than 1 week ????

I don't think so. Well I have !!!! 

Last in a Ranked game,less than 30 min ago.

This game is just able to srew you over so Royaly it hurts deep in my Poker heart.

Why do we..the players have to experience these situations over and over again

being given hands that should be a slam dunk..then the player why should know better call bett after bet and get the ONE OUTER on the river.

Yes the developer say "It's a bad beat"..."you were unlucky"

No,this have nothing to do with it.

I and anyone I know,experience this most daily at Prominence Poker. And It is just weird how the developer INSIST that nothing is wrong.

It Is !!!!!!

20181004_195022.thumb.jpg.3533ee779e0c65d53a4020d657ea3fe3.jpg

20181004_194037.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I have!

I've also had a full house taken down by quads on the river .

Stupid players don't realize when I go  all in on the flop, I have a winning hand.

One time I won a tourney that elevated me to a diamond ranking, when three of us went all in and I won with a 10 high.  

Tor, respectively, may I suggest that you play for fun and not for ego gratification, the chips are free and the players are anonymous.  I've quit numerous video games when they were no longer fun.  May I suggest you do the same, you'll be happier.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2018 at 2:31 PM, Tor Ivar Sæternes said:

The 10 J has 5.05% chanse of winning.... 

And thus it cannot win? You have a very strange way of interpreting probabilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tor Ivar Sæternes said:

Have you EVER had the Nut Flush and been beaten by a Straight flush,on the River..TWO times in less than 1 week ????

Yes, I'm sure that they deliberately programmed it like that, just to annoy you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Warp said:

And thus it cannot win? You have a very strange way of interpreting probabilities.

It's not about not being able to win with an underdog hand. It is about the frequency that it it happens.

It is when you have played Poker live for years and also play other computer based poker games,you discover when particular games have issues with the cards. And PP have lots of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Warp said:

Yes, I'm sure that they deliberately programmed it like that, just to annoy you.

No,they have just made a bad job in general,and it affects everybody playing it.

The problem is,they do not care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 9:01 PM, Farmer John40 said:

Yes, I have!

I've also had a full house taken down by quads on the river .

Stupid players don't realize when I go  all in on the flop, I have a winning hand.

One time I won a tourney that elevated me to a diamond ranking, when three of us went all in and I won with a 10 high.  

Tor, respectively, may I suggest that you play for fun and not for ego gratification, the chips are free and the players are anonymous.  I've quit numerous video games when they were no longer fun.  May I suggest you do the same, you'll be happier.     

I do play for fun and because friends of mine play too. But it don't change the fact that the issues with the cards are there. I only wish they would investigate it ,as there are so many saying the same thing as I am. Would love it if these improbable "bad beats" did not happen at the frequency they do. It all have to do with how the game is programmed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tor Ivar Sæternes said:

I do play for fun and because friends of mine play too. But it don't change the fact that the issues with the cards are there. I only wish they would investigate it ,as there are so many saying the same thing as I am. Would love it if these improbable "bad beats" did not happen at the frequency they do. It all have to do with how the game is programmed.

 

I've managed to reduce the number of 'bad beats' by changing the way I play.  By closely paying attention to what the other players are doing ,, and to develop the self discipline to react to the events occurring.  There's a reason someone over bets the hand, try to figure out why. 

Tor, based on your example in the  "bubble" post, in casual tournaments you're not reaching third or better 67% of the games you play.  I'd suggest you figure out why so many of you  are losing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tor Ivar Sæternes said:

It's not about not being able to win with an underdog hand. It is about the frequency that it it happens.

It is when you have played Poker live for years and also play other computer based poker games,you discover when particular games have issues with the cards. And PP have lots of it

So why does it seem to affect only some people but not others? I don't see an unusual amount of bad beats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 7:25 PM, Cristian said:

Came back after almost 2 years and I see the same issue and people talking about it. Wow. :D

Nice troll job. Good to see that you are pleased with yourself. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike the OP I am not a professional poker player, nor even an amateur.  I enjoy watching poker tournaments however, and I've played Prominence Poker for about 7-8 months now. My tournament score is currently 1244 which is quite good for me. I've won 5 of the last 7 tournaments I've played, and taken 2nd in the other two. Of course now that I've said this I'm sure to lose the next one, but I keep expecting that to happen anyway.

In all the time I've played PP I have always been a little bit suspicious of the card shuffling.  What I've experienced:

5-10: I get this hand constantly. At firs t I considered it lucky because I won with it a couple times, but now I just muck it. I can't recall a tournament where I didn't get it at least once. Often I get it twice, sometimes three or four times. The odds of getting a 5 or a 10 on your first card are 2 in 13. The odds of getting the second card to make 5-10 are 1 in 13 on the next card dealt. So that's 2/169.  If I play 169 hands in a tournament I should expect to get 5-10 twice. So how many hands do I play in a tournament? Uhm.. that's quite variable but let's say a tournament lasts 2 hours. That's a fairly long tournament. There's no way I play one hand every minute, more like one every 2-3 minutes. So maybe 50 hands. I should get 5-10 once every other tournament, not 2-3 times per tournament.  Obviously this is not a scientific analysis but it just seems odd to me.

To me this suggests that there is some kind of RNG that loads the odds for placing the first card in the 2-8 range and the second card in the 8-A range.

Edited by greg0422

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are wrong. The RNG does not work that way. 

Sorry that you are bad at letting your brain detect patterns that aren’t there. Stick to video game poker. The real world will eat you alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 8:32 AM, greg0422 said:

The odds of getting a 5 or a 10 on your first card are 2 in 13. The odds of getting the second card to make 5-10 are 1 in 13 on the next card dealt. So that's 2/169.

To be more precise, getting 5 or 10 is 8/52, and then getting the other card is 4/51, and (8/52)*(4/51) is about 0.012, or about 1 in 83.

Getting 10/5 more than twice in a single game isn't at all unusual. (There's also cognitive bias involved because you pay attention to when you get it and don't think much about the games where you don't. Thus you get the false impression that it happens more often than it does.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now