Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Cristian

Deck Shuffling Clarification - It doesn't seem random?

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Farmer John40 said:

Your entitled to your opinion.  It's just that every newbie to the forum is appalled that they don't win as often as the think they should, and attacks some aspect of the game.

My experience has proven to me that I must adjust my style to combat the style of the other players.  

Many, many times, I've remained the short stack for most of the game, only to finish 1st or 2nd.  I've been blown out of the game before the BB reaches 600,  I've folded with what would become the winning hand so man times I've lost count, victim of a bluff.

Bottom line, its not PP, its how you play PP 

Any tips would be great.  I played last night and came across the same player getting 3 straights in a row, good straights too. Some people on that table was doing the “what” impression when this happened after the 3rd time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is just luck mixed with skill. I once caught AA or KK 6 hands strait in real life at the Sands in Atlantic city. The 5th and 6th time payed off big time because the disbelief that i was still raising monstrously pre flop.  Because yaknow it was unlikely. It literally just is how it is. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 9, 2017 at 10:20 PM, DaWiz_ said:

I've been hosting tournaments for 2 months now and, ironically, my regulars never complain about the card generator.

I guess things are different when you have a table of players who are playing more strategically and playing good hands.

^^^^^^^^^exactly^^^^^^^^^

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Pazzie said:

Any tips would be great.  I played last night and came across the same player getting 3 straights in a row, good straights too. Some people on that table was doing the “what” impression when this happened after the 3rd time.

I would need way more detail in these 3 hands,  how many players were in these hands?   Was the flop seen without anybody raising preflop and if so how much?  What happened post flop?  Did everybody in those hands check all the way through the river?  These are just some of the questions I would want answered before saying anything at all about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rockguy24 said:

I would need way more detail in these 3 hands,  how many players were in these hands?   Was the flop seen without anybody raising preflop and if so how much?  What happened post flop?  Did everybody in those hands check all the way through the river?  These are just some of the questions I would want answered before saying anything at all about it.

This happened the other day. The only thing that stood out was was I said, sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if Pazzie has the right take on the dealing the winner out of the gate but I understand exactly what he is seeing.  It is pretty obvious when the same one or two people pair up or better practically every hand. Yet some of us sit there and struggle to make bottom pair on the board.  I can go 20 or more hands and never pair up anything, this is not an usual occurrence.   I played a 6 person tourney recently, there were 5 of us left and a hand comes up with everyone at the table all in except me. I was not in the hand. The player who had been consistently winning hands, not by bluffing, needed a heart on the river to get a flush or he'd lose. Of course he hit the flush. The game wasn't that old so the blinds weren't very high. That left just me and him I lasted maybe 10  minutes more and never won a hand. He didn't play aggressive so I had plenty of chances to make a hand or two.  I couldn't.  I didn't expect to win with his chip lead but I thought I could make a couple of hands work.  

My previous post still stands in my mind.  It's just a grind t play this game for some of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to keep an open mind post flop,  you can shuffle a deck however you want but if you have folks playing every single they are dealt it's  going to make a lower ranked starting hand very strong most times.  Even pre flop I have had my aces cracked by hands that should have been folded so many times I lost count.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:47 PM, Warp said:

Have you ever noticed that even though there are literally thousands of people participating in all top pro poker tournaments every year, you always see the same faces in the finals? Why do you think that is? Is the game rigged to favor them?

No.   Top players win more times than bottom players. because they know how to play better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 What I've noticed is the Ranked Tournaments have brought a new dynamic to tournament play.   Ring players, who play ranked, play to a different strategy than tournament players, and they take advantage of the difference.

I don't want to give particulars as I'm trying to develop a counter strategy, but it's there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2017 at 11:33 AM, Mulligan22 said:

  

My previous post still stands in my mind.  It's just a grind t play this game for some of us.


Poker in and of itself is kind of a grind. I would say most of my tournament wins come down to maybe 3 or 6 total hands.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 12:47 PM, Cristian said:

During my career as a poker player of 10+ years(5+ years as a semi-professional),  

In my BB, 2 players call and I check with Q4 off, no reason to raise pre-flp, since it's a really bad hand to begin with. Flop comes 4 7 7...

I decide to bet to protect my hand), I bet and 2 players call. Turn comes another 4, which gives me another 4. I decide to bet again, around half the pot and both players call again. Turn is a 5... I decide to bet again, around  75% of the pot..., I get 1 fold and the other playes re-raises all in... I decided to call...

This guy is not a pro, far from it.  Why are we reading this and why isn't this thread locked??

First off why is he betting the flop. Best case scenario he is value betting draws which have massive reverse implied odds.  Worst case scenario, a flopped full house slow plays and calls him down hopping the flush and straight gets there.  You're oop with a bluff catcher.  The turn is the worst card for him.  Everyone can see the full house and only a better full house will call. 

He mentions hands that beats him but not what hands he beats.  He litteraly beats nothing, therefore no value.  

Lesson learned, don't go broke in a limped pot.

Please lock just because he claims to be a pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2017 at 6:18 PM, ClearConscious said:

We ran a shuffle test on our deck. Here are the results after 2 billion hands:

  Mathematical Probability % of Hands % Difference
High Card 17.4119 % 17.4110 % 0.01 %
Pair 43.8225 % 43.8210 % 0.00 %
Two Pair 23.4955 % 23.4969 % 0.01 %
Three of a Kind 4.8299 % 4.8307 % 0.02 %
Straight 4.6194 % 4.6200 % 0.01 %
Flush 3.0255 % 3.0244 % 0.04 %
Full House 2.5961 % 2.5967 % 0.02 %
Four of a Kind 0.1681 % 0.1682 % 0.08 %
Straight Flush 0.0279 % 0.0279 % 0.22 %
Royal Flush 0.0032 % 0.0032 % 0.03 %

How many times are you gonna use this as your "defense"? A shuffle test is not equivalent to how the game plays out as a whole. You say this same answer every time. I've seen you do it about 3 times now like it's the holy grail that explains everything, but it explains nothing. Face it, you have no information, and you're the guy that has to try to defend the system. You always jump on these threads instantly saying the same thing. Yes, bad beats happen. Yes, weird stuff happens, that's poker. But there are plenty of smart people that see the inconsistent patterns this game brings and you refuse to listen to anybody. Joke of a game dev. Lie to yourself all day, but you can't lie to us, we're not dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chrisreams07 said:

How many times are you gonna use this as your "defense"? A shuffle test is not equivalent to how the game plays out as a whole. You say this same answer every time. I've seen you do it about 3 times now like it's the holy grail that explains everything, but it explains nothing. Face it, you have no information, and you're the guy that has to try to defend the system. You always jump on these threads instantly saying the same thing. Yes, bad beats happen. Yes, weird stuff happens, that's poker. But there are plenty of smart people that see the inconsistent patterns this game brings and you refuse to listen to anybody. Joke of a game dev. Lie to yourself all day, but you can't lie to us, we're not dumb.

I think I'm a smart person and a good poker player.  Last season I was in the top 40 for ranked heads up, casual ring and bank roll.  I have over 11 million without any in game purchase. 

To me the shuffle test proves the randomness of the cards dealt.  Correct me if I'm wrong but what you and others are insinuating is that 'action' skews the randomness of the cards, right?  If so, can you -specifically- state a given cause and effect that would favor the aggressor?  

A great test that would put this to rest is to do a shuffle test (if possible) after the flop is dealt and with action.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2017 at 1:34 AM, Bigihep said:

I think I'm a smart person and a good poker player.  Last season I was in the top 40 for ranked heads up, casual ring and bank roll.  I have over 11 million without any in game purchase. 

To me the shuffle test proves the randomness of the cards dealt.  Correct me if I'm wrong but what you and others are insinuating is that 'action' skews the randomness of the cards, right?  If so, can you -specifically- state a given cause and effect that would favor the aggressor?  

A great test that would put this to rest is to do a shuffle test (if possible) after the flop is dealt and with action.

I make money on here all day long too bro. That's not the point. It's insanely easy on here, that doesn't mean it's not different. I hate that defense. Any mofo can make chips on here dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chrisreams07 said:

I make money on here all day long too bro. That's not the point. It's insanely easy on here, that doesn't mean it's not different. I hate that defense. Any mofo can make chips on here dude.

I feel like there should be any equal amount of winners and losers.  Some big winners and some big losers.  Almost like they are inversely related.  How can everybody be winning and every table be easy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2017 at 6:24 AM, chrisreams07 said:

How many times are you gonna use this as your "defense"? A shuffle test is not equivalent to how the game plays out as a whole. You say this same answer every time. I've seen you do it about 3 times now like it's the holy grail that explains everything, but it explains nothing. Face it, you have no information, and you're the guy that has to try to defend the system. You always jump on these threads instantly saying the same thing. Yes, bad beats happen. Yes, weird stuff happens, that's poker. But there are plenty of smart people that see the inconsistent patterns this game brings and you refuse to listen to anybody. Joke of a game dev. Lie to yourself all day, but you can't lie to us, we're not dumb.

So where exactly is your proof? Where are your numbers and measurements?

The only "proof" you have is the word of a couple of self-proclaimed "smart" "experienced players" who make a completely subjective claim about their feeling the game being rigged. At the same time you completely ignore people who say that they don't see anything wrong with the game, and that they don't experience these claimed inconsistencies.

You put too much trust on random people on the internet, and you have a bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I want to share this pre-arranged hand of this game. AQ x3!! 3 pairs of AQ in the same hand!! Come on, what are the odds??

This is very frustrating, because you believe in this game, you believe in fair shuffling... but seeing hands like this, you start to think and doubts come into play. Poker Prominence is NOT random. There's something wrong (or arranged) in the way of shuffling.

Poker cheat.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mariano Rodrigo Fabbro said:

Hi,

I want to share this pre-arranged hand of this game. AQ x3!! 3 pairs of AQ in the same hand!! Come on, what are the odds??

This is very frustrating, because you believe in this game, you believe in fair shuffling... but seeing hands like this, you start to think and doubts come into play. Poker Prominence is NOT random. There's something wrong (or arranged) in the way of shuffling.

Poker cheat.jpg

It's so cute to see people discover what poker truly is.  

Some crazy stuff I've seen live is quad AA over quad 66 1 in 1.4 million hands.

I also flopped a 9 high flush, unfortunately for me 3 others flopped it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wuss^Timmy said:

If this had happened at a live table would you believe in the matrix?

Have you ever seen 4 people flop a flush before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mariano Rodrigo Fabbro said:

I want to share this pre-arranged hand of this game. AQ x3!! 3 pairs of AQ in the same hand!! Come on, what are the odds??

I can find you on youtube not one, but two different instance of real-life poker where a player got quad aces and another a royal flush. The probability of that is approximately one in 163 million.

Are you saying it's impossible because it's so unlikely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing live poker, I chopped three pots in a row with the person next to me because we each had the same cards three times in a row. 

If it CAN happen, eventually it WILL happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.