Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Dave

4 week losing streak

cannot take losing anymore. Poker is suppose to be fun but losing for over 4 weeks is ridiculous. Everyone have fun with the came but my condition cant take losing all day long. I will check in on time to time but they need to fix my avatar or something. Have fun all.

Depends on your playstyle and range of hands. Poker is about winning, not having fun.

Take it from a semi-pro player who had a big down-swing in the last year and a half, so big that it made me quit poker for this year in order to rebuild my bankroll (talking about real money). If you want to improve at poker, watch youtube videos of grinders (such as Pokerstaples, Doug Polk, big tournaments with commentary in general). You can learn alot about the game in short periods of time.

On 1/15/2017 at 5:20 PM, Cristian said:

Take it from a semi-pro...

If you want to improve at poker, watch youtube videos...

I'm sorry but that advice is nonsence. It's like telling a footballer they will improve their game by sitting in the stand watching. 

Risk no more than 3-5% of your bankroll at any one time and tighten your game. By that I mean reduce your starting hand range. Play ABC poker, that is, no bluffing, no bullying, no chasing, no continuation bets, just straight up ABC poker. Bet strong when you have'em and get out when you don't. It's boring I know but when your confidence and rhythm come back your game will be much better. 

The single most important attribute a poker player can have is patience but unfortunately it's also the first to go when things start to run bad which makes the bad run even worse. If you want, there are a few really good books out there for novice to mid level players, I would highly recommend anything by Dan Harrington, particularly for tournament play. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

I tend to find the longer I play in one day, the more my playstyle changes.

For the First 1 or 2 hours I play my best or at least I try to, and usually end up finishing First or Second Place within this time.

I would recommend not playing for too long, maybe one or two or three games a day, or if you are playing cash game, to just play for 2 or three hours when you are at your best.

Edited by PennilessImp749
Spelling mistake.

My play style never changes, there was one room I was in and lost 400k. I did rebuys 3x and I usually do well. We'll that day I lost the 400k, I could not win a hand, always bad beat and the most part I could not catch cards at all. 

However, the person who took my 400k stayed in the room. This game lasted for 4hrs before the table turned my way and I could not be stopped. In the end I won 300k of it back. It's just how the cookie crumbles. 

I've had losing streaks longer than 4 weeks and the best advice I can give you is to treat it like a job to win money and not a hobby to have fun at. When I began taking poker seriously my losing streak subsided. Study everything you can about poker and just keep strengthening your playing skills and never bet more than your disposable allowance. Also, patience, be patient.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2017 at 3:00 PM, Dave said:

Poker is more than winning, it's about making the right decisions.   

And playing abc poker or 'fit or fold' poker will stop you from becoming the tables atm but the bulk of chippies come from exploitative play.