Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Nex

Meet The Team: Mike Kruse, Senior Producer

MTTmkruse.jpeg

Meet the Team is a regular feature in which we interview members of the Pipeworks team working on Prominence Poker to give you a brief introduction to the people working behind the scenes to maintain and improve your favorite poker game. Today, our subject is Mike Kruse, Senior Producer.

Can you give us your name and title?

My name is Mike Kruse and I am a Senior Producer. Been here at Pipeworks for six years now.

Where are you from, and how long have you been working in games?

I am originally from the Bay Area in California. I started working in games in the early 90’s as a tester at the original Atari Games. Yup, that’s a [email protected]$$ time ago! I even have credits on some 8-bit console games, so you know I have seen a lot.

What have you worked on in the past that people might know?

I have worked on a wide variety of games in many different roles, but I will just list projects that I have either worked on in QA or as a Producer: Prominence Poker, World Series of Poker: Full House Pro, The Sims 2 Console, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, San Francisco Rush: Extreme Racing, Primal Rage, Dr. Muto, and R.B.I. Baseball 4, to name a few.

Can you tell us what you do on the Prominence Poker team?

My role is to organize and track progress of the team against budget and schedule, and to ensure a timely, high-quality delivery at each milestone – and anything else that needs to get done! I am the administrator, and the interface between everything and the team. Sounds important, right?

What makes you passionate about working on Prominence Poker?

I have a very talented team. We are doing big things with very few people, and there is a level of passion about this Pipeworks-born game that keeps us motivated.

What would you like to tell players about the future of Prominence Poker?

I would like to tell them that we have only just begun! There are so many features and directions we can go with this game that the sky is the limit. We want to know what our users want to see!

• Like 2

Hello. Id like to begin the letter by saying thank you......but not for the things you might first think. Yes, you and your team have created a really fun and immersive game. While I am grateful for all your hard work, Id like to thank you for something else. You see, one of my daughters is a special needs adult. She and I spend time playing certain games together every night. One of our 2 favorite games is Prominence Poker. She is more of my cheer leader than a player, but shes learned enough to keep me on my toes. The time we have shared while playing your game has meant more to me than I can possibly convey. We laugh, we make up names for players and on occasion, make a little money.  I never would have thought a Poker game would give us so much happiness... its a win win ..even if we are losing - we are still winning. lol Thank you for creating a great game like this. Keep up the good work.

• Like 3