Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

sgt_craphammer

where can we report fishy players?

10 minutes ago, sgt_craphammer said:

I was in a ranked match an watched a guy play every hand an win every hand but 2 all in plays it seemed really fishy an want to report how can i do this?

You can report it to either Nex or I, though you'll have to be more specific than he won every hand.

ok ty well the game was @ about 12:45 central time usa in a ranked tournament hope its safe to type his name BOT Cristi . just looked really fishy that he could win every hand he played an played every hand i could be wrong an he just has major rng luck thank you for your time ... love the game..

1) Was he/she raising the blinds to get others to fold?

2) Was he/she betting big to get others to fold?

3) Was he/she winning every hand on the river?

4) Did he/she show cards after winning?

Could you elaborate little more on "how" he/she was winning every hand? 

I've seen something similar. I'll be playing properly and within reason for some time. Some asshat will come along and go all in right off the bat. Everyone will fold most of the time. But should anyone call him, be prepared to lose. He magically wins with two pair, sets, straights all from the river card. The range he plays is well, there is no ranger. It's everything. This is apparent when he shows his cards when getting called. I'd say one in 10 times he loses and even then it doesn't matter, he'll go all in next hand and recover the loss to a better hand somehow. Mind you this is all pre flop and people are dumb to play it, but there seems to be a few people who enter rooms and do this until they win money or get bored from trying. The messed up thing is the high win rate. It just seems like they know they have it and it's hard to swallow because the range is just all over the place. You call with a better hand and get swiped. Once, twice, three times ok , but all the time? How do we combat these people. I end up losing tons of chips playing their game but I wish I could never see them at another table tbh. The thing is some of them are some of the more highly regarded players in the community and it's a complete shame.  

Maniac play can be very lucrative on the short term but ultimately it's a losing strategy. They're relying on you folding pre flop. I tend to call with any Ace or both cards >10

It is completly within the rules of the game and Prominence should do nothing about it. If you are uncomfortable with it, find another table. 

• Like 1

This reminds me of a real life poker 40bb fast tournament.   The guy sits down and very early decided he wants to leave.  So he pushed pre flop every hand.  He got 1st.