Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Eugene

Nauseating interior of the butcher's

Recommended Posts

Hello, folk.

First of all, thanks developers for a nicely produced and well-performing game. I appreciate that.

Now, who was the designer of the Spades' butcher factory? Is it only me or does anyone else has the same nauseating disgust when the screen opens to show me sitting there?

Disgusting pink paper on the table - the colour even glows a bit making we want to puke.

Nauseating light, reflecting from that pink paper.

Horrible soundtrack with some awful arrangement of the main musical theme and lots of dissonant noises and stuff.

Russian bloke hatching meat endlessly.

Also, you obviously have a Russian speaker in your team. Was it his idea that calling Spades "лопаты" would be fun? The word means "shovels" and has no other meaning whatsoever. Seems not fun but outright daft.

Maybe the idea was to make the room as disgusting as possible, up to the verge of physically puking? If yes, then my commendations, you certainly reached your goal.

And why is this putrid room always chosen to host 5k ring public games? I have to change 3-4 games until I am seated at laundry (also not so nice, but still vastly preferable to the butcher shop), or even (lucky, lucky me!) at the Clubs' bar.

Dear developers. Could you, at least, make this room NOT the first choice for 5k ring games.

Many thanks

Eugene

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pretty much agree. I have to turn the ambient sounds down on the butcher table.  Not fan of the dry cleaners, either. The casino is best, and the biker bar is good. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was kind of surprised that they actually managed to release a venue worse than the Kleaners. Don't know what their train of thought is with these levels, but it's not like they're achieving some desired effect of "seedy underworld" locations. Where the bad boys are playing after hours and only for the highest stakes. 

It's like they're slowly working us into the plot of a late night porno.

I cast my vote for junking these levels and replacing them with some more traditional venues. I think it's great that Pipeworks took an idea and ran with it, so I don't wanna come across as an entitled prick who complains about free stuff, but I gotta call it like it is. These levels are terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like this room either. The colors/light just look wrong but the main reason I dislike this room is that for some reason it makes my PS4 rev up like it's about to take off! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprising there's a lot of division on this particular level, some people will love it, and others will hate it. For people who weren't a fan of this venue, the diamonds venue will be a nice pallet cleanser.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys actually spend time looking around the room while playing?  I'm too focused on the cards and other players at the table.  lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2016 at 1:20 PM, ClearConscious said:

Not surprising there's a lot of division on this particular level, some people will love it, and others will hate it. For people who weren't a fan of this venue, the diamonds venue will be a nice pallet cleanser.

So a warehouse setting? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the layout of the butchers shop and the laundry mat.  I think the only thing that should be optional to change is the table layout.  It would be cool if you guys give us the ability to buy table layouts.  Then in the game people can pay a certain amount of chips to have that table layout chosen for the table.  A certain % of that table layout purchase goes into space and a certain % goes into the pot as a bonus for players to fight over.

Example:  In 100k game I pay 10k to have my purchased "baseball field" table layout put on the game.  5k of that would go into space and 5k would go into the pot for players to fight over.  My purchase would be good for say 50 hands till somebody else can purchase a different layout and change the look, if no one purchases than the table layout is the same.  I think this would give people something else to purchase, and something change the look some.  I think it would be cool if we could do the same for the deck of cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was @Jayhawker who made the point that the butcher venue is hard on the console. I just noticed this last night when it sounded like my PS4 turned into a space heater. Just gonna have to go out of my way to avoid it from now on. I'm not gonna brick a console over some shit like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  I'm not hear to complain. Just reading some posts whilst my son plays Call Of Duty.

  I will say that the butcher's is a relatively undesirable place to play. In regards to it being disgusting... I can't say I agree. It's a butcher... They chop and process meat... What do you expect? 

  I just believe that some more practical underground rooms and venues would have been a better option. Like... Teddy KGB's place in "Rounders", with vintage tables and what not. Or precinct. Or more casino venues. 

  The biker bar is great. It immerses you in the atmosphere. It's legitimate. It reminds you of the bar in town that you go chase some cards while having a rum n' coke. Even the laundromat is fine with me. Hell, the whole game is fine with me. I've been waiting for someone to step up and make a good online poker game for years. And you guys did. This is great.

  I'm not complaining. Just chiming in. Thanks for the awesome game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta say, the meat locker is my least favorite venue also.  The chopping, the screaming, the wet slapping sounds, the grinder turning on and off all the time...not to mention the DJ.  That guy sounds like a reject from "Vladivostok FM."

"With total sleep readiness achieved..."

Edited by TheRealRodicus
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I turn off music, ambient, voice over.

I don't care for the music, snickering, butcher chop sounds, or either venue sounds. Only sounds I here is the cards being delta or flipped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2016 at 5:03 PM, Squid said:

I like the layout of the butchers shop and the laundry mat.  I think the only thing that should be optional to change is the table layout.  It would be cool if you guys give us the ability to buy table layouts.  Then in the game people can pay a certain amount of chips to have that table layout chosen for the table.  A certain % of that table layout purchase goes into space and a certain % goes into the pot as a bonus for players to fight over.

Example:  In 100k game I pay 10k to have my purchased "baseball field" table layout put on the game.  5k of that would go into space and 5k would go into the pot for players to fight over.  My purchase would be good for say 50 hands till somebody else can purchase a different layout and change the look, if no one purchases than the table layout is the same.  I think this would give people something else to purchase, and something change the look some.  I think it would be cool if we could do the same for the deck of cards.

Something else to purchase? People purchase things?  Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2016 at 7:23 PM, SevenSideSammy said:

I think it was @Jayhawker who made the point that the butcher venue is hard on the console. I just noticed this last night when it sounded like my PS4 turned into a space heater. Just gonna have to go out of my way to avoid it from now on. I'm not gonna brick a console over some shit like that.

Agreed, my xbox1 gets hot playing on that table. When I read this post, I waited until I got in the venue and like others had said, with all the things going on it made my console heat up and that's with all the noises turned off.

 

Edited by CluelessGamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CluelessGamer said:

Something else to purchase? People purchase things?  Why?

What else am I supposed to do with my chips, fap over em? Gotta spend em all!

As for the ps4 liftoff, sadly the whole game stresses my ps4 more than all AAA productions, it doesnt seem to perform very well, butchers or elsewhere x:

Edited by HyricanDR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the butchers shop performance issue gets patched up.  Its weird how other games with multiple explosions and multiple characters on screen don't stress the Xbox, but somehow a game with just a few static characters and noises on a card game does?

Maybe someone coded something wrong and causes some performance feed back loop of sorts causing our systems to stress (just speculating, don't really know).

Hopefully this gets patched up.  The pink table is what ruins the aesthetics of the venue, but I can live with that.  But I think I'll skip the butchers shop for ring games until the performance issues gets addressed/patched up.

8 hours ago, CluelessGamer said:

Something else to purchase? People purchase things?  Why?

In their earlier games of Full House Pro one could purchase looks for the tables and various chip trick packages and how you wanted your chip stacks to look. 

Edited by Squid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HyricanDR said:

What else am I supposed to do with my chips, fap over em? Gotta spend em all!

As for the ps4 liftoff, sadly the whole game stresses my ps4 more than all AAA productions, it doesnt seem to perform very well, butchers or elsewhere x:

Did not know people spent there chips on items. I do see why now, for boost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No to have fancy hats, dresses and toys D: 

While I have one outfit I wear 90% of the time anyways (All black), I do like a different look (All red, blue, military) every now and then ^^

As far as practical use is concerned It does come in handy I puchased most tableitems so I can switch freely for dailies (play 30 hands drinkin pale ale etc), but I completely ignore events as I usually want my "brick" / moneystack on the table for looks. I aint puttin it away for hours:o so no boost

I too would be willing to drop a few chips in order to not have that ugly pink table with an even pinker blanket in front of he >.>

I play tournament only and make way more chips than I need for the buyins. I dont play ring or care about bankroll, so 

TLDR just because why not xD

Edited by HyricanDR
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.