Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads and etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Stickeed

Stickeed excited to see another poker game coming to Xbox!

Hey all,

Stickeed here hope all is going well for Pipeworks and Clear Conscious.  Looking forward to playing the game soon on Xbox.  Does multiplayer have a true bankroll or how does the economy of the game work in multiplayer?

• Like 2

Glad you're excited! We're pretty excited about it too.

What do you mean by "true bankroll?" 

On 8/6/2016 at 4:57 PM, Stickeed said:

Hey all,

Stickeed here hope all is going well for Pipeworks and Clear Conscious.  Looking forward to playing the game soon on Xbox.  Does multiplayer have a true bankroll or how does the economy of the game work in multiplayer?

Does my memory serve me correctly, I thought I remember seeing you in the WSOP: Full House Pro forums!

On 8/8/2016 at 0:58 PM, Nex said:

Glad you're excited! We're pretty excited about it too.

What do you mean by "true bankroll?" 

I think what he means by that is if it factors out people's bankrolls who buy chips with their own money or not.

Essentially what I am looking for is a bankroll system where solid players rise to the top because you manage your bankroll  well and play solid poker.  This game uses the same model that WSOP Full House Poker Pro did essentially which is not bad.  Players do get a daily cut of free chips but bad players poorly managing their bankroll should work itself out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stickeed said:

Essentially what I am looking for is a bankroll system where solid players rise to the top because you manage your bankroll  well and play solid poker.

With the way Prominence Poker is designed, that seems to happen organically. 

If you spend time playing multiplayer tables, you'll see a variety of players. Some who play conservatively and only bet when they have legit hands, and some who hope to go up quickly, then bully other players with high bets regardless of what's in your hand. That's pretty common in any poker game, but what we've seen in Prominence is that players relying on bully tactics usually don't progress beyond the low buy-in tables. At 10,000 chips and above, players are usually reserved and play smart, and once you get above the 50,000 buy-in level, you'll see some seriously intense competition.

Players can, of course, buy chip bundles to play at the high buy-in tables regardless of their skills, but unless they can play intelligently and learn to read their opponents, their stack of chips won't last long.

(On a depressing personal not, I was streaming Prominence Poker for two hours yesterday and lost something like 300,000 chips at a 50k table. It was not my finest moment, but it demonstrates how talented those players were.)

• Like 1

Thanks!  StockeD and OI come from the Poker Academy community, which was pretty great.  We are pretty picky on what makes a good poker game, and you guys have done a nice job getting the more important bits down pat.  This is definitely a better experience that Pure Hold'em.  

I do like the game however was wondering if u plan on doing bigger tourneys I mean I like 6 but I like to play multiple tables to really test my skills and if be fun to play against more then 6 people