Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sjaak

Bad hands and patience

4 posts in this topic

Ice been having the worst hands, game after game after game. All my Bluffs got called, that send me into a frenzy of bad decissions. 

So my questions is, how do u Guys handle getting bad cards? 

Also 1 thing ive noticed ppl doing in ranked is wait for high blinds and thema start playing super agressive. How do i counter this?

Yesterday i Saw 1 Guy 3 games exact same strategy, in the beginning letting timer run out. Then starts ging all in like a madman, literally Every round and beats my pair of AA. (The Anger i felt was unbelievable!) Or he would Raise, then bet half ur stack n then the remaining amount of ur stack. 

13 hours ago, Sjaak said:

Ice been having the worst hands, game after game after game. All my Bluffs got called, that send me into a frenzy of bad decissions. 

This is called going go 'tilt' and I've seen real money players donk off thousands of dollars in minutes because of it. It's very hard to control and I think countering it only comes with experience. Usually, if I find myself tilting or wanting to tilt I'll go down to the micro levels.

13 hours ago, Sjaak said:

Also 1 thing ive noticed ppl doing in ranked is wait for high blinds and thema start playing super agressive. How do i counter this?

Are they playing tight aggresive or loose aggresive? TA is hard to beat. You really have to have a super hand to play them.

LA players often bet big with crap and while they can win big in short them bouts, they usually end up broke eventually. You just have to have patience and put it up to them when you have a strong hand, not super strong, but strong. LA players usually don't like to be re-raised either. 

No he was Loose agressive, either all in or ridiculous high Bets. Then sit out, Comes back when blinds are high n does the same. 

It's so stupid that it works.. 

N yeah i was on tilt!! 

He's probably just playing his runs and betting smart. I will often fold 10 or more in a row and then hit a run and bet accordingly. Often players stay in no matter what and I can ding them pretty good. When players are on tilt they usually don't last long but not always. Today I went from chip leader to out in three hands. Every hand I had won until the river (one guy donkeyed a flush and twice my under pair got beat by ace chairs).  I fought the urge to jump into another game as I was on full tilt. Five minutes later I was laughing about it, joking with the guy who beat me. I think I moved from #14 to #70 on the leaderboard. It's just the game.