Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazyscot01

Time for a report button

40 posts in this topic

This Zanatoo fella sounds very naive and gullible (or a PP employee). First you say you never come across this collusion before, which I doubt if your a regular player on the PS4 like myself. Second you question if it's a response to a big loss ( I guess you would get a few like that not me. My judgement is based on my 18 years of experience)  Lastly you also think for some reason that the devs can't prove who is colluding.(If that was the case any money they have made from customers would have to be refunded) All legit poker sites have experts that troll through suspected cheats hands history and which players were involved in those hands. (You would know this if you play any cash games on any of the major sites) The devs will have to take some sort of action to stamp out this collusion or it will hurt them right in the wallet. I don't care about the voice chat or party chat... I simply asked for a report button feature that would work for me and yes people might abuse it, but it works for the most part. This would at least deter them a little.

Would it be possible to display a lobby for ranked games, listing the players awaiting the start of a game?   This would be similar to casual games, giving us the opportunity to leave a table which had players we had issues with.

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Farmer John40 said:

Would it be possible to display a lobby for ranked games, listing the players awaiting the start of a game?   This would be similar to casual games, giving us the opportunity to leave a table which had players we had issues with.

I also like this idea. This can be another feature easily implemented.

Posted (edited)

I would not want to play if they got rid of party chat.  Sometimes players on the game chat have loud music playing or they just have ugly personalities. Also I'm sure the table doesn't want to hear my buddies chat about things they don't have an interest in.  Also I have other buddies in party chats who are playing other games at the time. 

Poker is one game that encourages social interaction, I don't want that taken away or be forced to only use table chat because of some people out there colluding.  We want more people playing the game, not less and getting rid of an easy way to communicate and be social would drive people away. 

Edited by Squid

I don't have an issue with the voice chat or party. I use it myself. I'm asking for a report button feature that is all.

4 hours ago, Farmer John40 said:

Yes.  Unfortunately it's up to them on what to put in or take out. If they think it's gonna hurt the profit they get from chips...then it will be out of the question. 

3 hours ago, Squid said:

I would not want to play if they got rid of party chat.  Sometimes players on the game chat have loud music playing or they just have ugly personalities. Also I'm sure the table doesn't want to hear my buddies chat about things they don't have an interest in.  Also I have other buddies in party chats who are playing other games at the time. 

Poker is one game that encourages social interaction, I don't want that taken away or be forced to only use table chat because of some people out there colluding.  We want more people playing the game, not less and getting rid of an easy way to communicate and be social would drive people away. 

Again....party chat is not needed to talk to people on this game. I ran into loud music last night....simply hit mute. Never needed party chat to save lol. 

If poker is so social interaction based.....then why are you in a party chat not talking to the table...????!!!!! Lol. 

The easiest way to communicate is.....join game....unmute mic......talk.......

Posted (edited)

I used to run a poker collusion department for a well-known UK poker site so I feel that I am qualified to comment on this. I have absolutely no doubt that collusion takes place on Prominence. It'll happen everyday, I've seen it myself.

1) report button would be good but it's not essential, just screenshot the players involved and send them an email/twitter message. That's what I have done in the past. Player feedback is very important so I urge people to report anything dodgy. Describe the hand, why it looked odd, what time it took place etc. Makes it easier for the guys to investigate

2) banning party chat doesn't really help as people have already stated, telephones/instant messenger exists so cheaters will just use that

3) I really doubt the guys at Promince Poker have a dedicated poker collusion team looking at this. Like I say I used to work for a company dealing with real-money and to say we were understaffed is putting it lightly. I would guess maybe one person looks at it occasionally

4) I would suggest said person look at high stakes heads-up cash games and SnGs (there can't be that many >500k buy-in being played) to see if any suspect play is occurring/chips are being passed. Might help you find some players who have been ganging up on others and are then redistributing the chips. This of course doesn't help with lower stakes but it would be the easiest place to start probably

5) Other thing that should be looked at are whether suspected players frequently sit down at/leave the same table together. That's an easy giveaway that something is dodgy

6) Devs should be transparent with their collusion policy to give players faith in the software. What happens to players found guilty etc. Are players refunded who were victims? Are guilty players banned permanently? This needs to be made clear

If any of the devs ever want any help/ideas on how best to tackle collusion then please feel free to drop me a message.

Edited by whitep0ny84
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Crazyscot01 said:

This Zanatoo fella sounds very naive and gullible (or a PP employee).

:D I'm none of the above. 

First you say you never come across this collusion before...

No, what I said was "I've never come across it, at least not that I've noticed". There's a difference. I also said I'm sure it DOES happen to some extent. 

Lastly you also think for some reason that the devs can't prove who is colluding.

No.... what I said was "it is very difficult to prove". Again, big difference. Maybe you could enlighten me on this? How do you go about proving collusion? 

I play most nights and almost exclusively $1M ring games on PS4. It's a pretty small community and you end up playing the same people most nights. I've never noticed collusion. That does not means it's not happening - it means I've never noticed it and as I've never noticed it, I don't see it as a problem. Now, if you could show me some examples, that would certainly change my opinion.

I'm currently ranked 8th or 9th on the Ring Games Leaderboard, I play with all the players ahead of me regularly and I've no reason to suspect any of them of collusion so whoever is doing it, they're not making any great gains at it.  

You already have a means of reporting players via direct messaging admins here on the forum and through the support channel so a dedicated button in game is totally unnecessary in my opinion. 

Regarding chat, if Prominence were to make it that anyone in a party chat could not load the game, well, I don't think that would go down too well with a huge amount of players. It would certainly have an enormous imact on the amount I play. 

There is always going to be cheats. Removing party chat is a start and it may not stop IM, text, chat and other platforms if people go that far to cheat, but it will reduce the making it more of a hassle to cheat on a no money game. It also promotes the social side of poker and on-line play where everyone is in the table, like real life poker. 

More importantly, I am not sure Pipeline have the resource to manage this type of policing so it is not going to happen. On top of that, there are better things to manage such as losing my rank points and bankroll when I freeze or crash in the rank game. There needs to be an easier way to report this and this itself if already resource heavy to manage. 

I'm not a supporter of the idea that party chat should be removed from the game just to stop cheating however it has been done before. I believe it was on one of the call of duty games, black ops 2 in search and destroy if I remember correctly.

On 3/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, Dirtydiesel856 said:

poker is so social interaction based.....then why are you in a party chat not talking to the table...????!!!!! Lol. 

Well, maybe people don't want to listen to the likes of yourself throwing insults at people? I've come across you on the mic a few times and I've never once heard you with anything nice to say, you're anything BUT 'social'!

It's not only you, the people on the mics are more often than not rude or drunk or both and mostly not worth listening to.    

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, Zanatoo said:

Well, maybe people don't want to listen to the likes of yourself throwing insults at people? I've come across you on the mic a few times and I've never once heard you with anything nice to say, you're anything BUT 'social'!

It's not only you, the people on the mics are more often than not rude or drunk or both and mostly not worth listening to.    

Lol. Grow a pair and talk next time. The truth hurts alot of people. And I never insulted you...just stated that you are very naive about this game. You can take it how you want. 

Besides....for a $500k / $1M exclusive player.....what the he'll are you doing on a $200K table...lol. I even asked you if you wanted to play with them....they had a 1m table running...lol. 

2 tables running now...........probably too busy. Til next time....maybe you'll have a pair by then.....

Nope you didn't insult me specifically but you are generally not very pleasent on the mic, like many of the live mics, not all, but most in my experience (and then of course there's the wannabe DJ's. They're just a woot to listen to). You must admit, the conversation when I joined was quite heated and nasty, though I don't think you were involved in the argument. It's Sunday night, I'm relaxing at home, I pop on for a few games of poker. I really don't need nor want to hear two or three people be as insulting and as venomous as they can to each other., especially when I've got 5 or 6 buddies in a party looking for me to join. Why on earth would I choose to stay in game chat?

I was on the $200k table because I hit the quick play option and that's where I landed. I recognised a few of the names so I played. I often find the $200k tables are easier money too. I left that table up $1.13M

You call me naive (because I don't believe the cards are rigged), well maybe I am, or........ maybe I just don't take pretend poker nearly as serious as some? What I don't get, is the likes of yourself, who believe 100% that the cards are not random, still playing week after week. Bizarre!

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Zanatoo said:

Nope you didn't insult me specifically but you are generally not very pleasent on the mic, like many of the live mics, not all, but most in my experience (and then of course there's the wannabe DJ's. They're just a woot to listen to). You must admit, the conversation when I joined was quite heated and nasty, though I don't think you were involved in the argument. It's Sunday night, I'm relaxing at home, I pop on for a few games of poker. I really don't need nor want to hear two or three people be as insulting and as venomous as they can to each other., especially when I've got 5 or 6 buddies in a party looking for me to join. Why on earth would I choose to stay in game chat?

I was on the $200k table because I hit the quick play option and that's where I landed. I recognised a few of the names so I played. I often find the $200k tables are easier money too. I left that table up $1.13M

You call me naive (because I don't believe the cards are rigged), well maybe I am, or........ maybe I just don't take pretend poker nearly as serious as some? What I don't get, is the likes of yourself, who believe 100% that the cards are not random, still playing week after week. Bizarre!

Lol...convo wasn't heated at all. Me and a guy I know in real life were talking. I was also pointing out various random things that the game kept doing....over and over and over.

I'm done with this place. Everyone knows all...seen all....done all....lol.