Sign in to follow this  
ClearConscious

What additions would you like to see added to the site?

59 posts in this topic

Pretty simple question, but what additions would you like to see added to the site.

We're thinking about a visual refresh, invitation system, achievements, and some other stuff.

Most importantly what would you like to see?

• Like 4

The achievements would be cool.  Is there a search function?  (If there is, I haven't found it yet.)  I'm often viewing my profile to try and find my last comment to something to locate a thread I want to make another comment on.  (Because of the hashtags, I thought there must be some sort of search available . . . .)

Also it would be cool if there was a member list.  When I want to message someone, again I have to do a search to try and find the last thread they commented on to message them.  

I'm sure you guys have a lot better ideas than I do.  I read, I write, I manage, but I'm not really that technologically savvy honestly.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BedsideFungus89 said:

The achievements would be cool.  Is there a search function?  (If there is, I haven't found it yet.)  I'm often viewing my profile to try and find my last comment to something to locate a thread I want to make another comment on.  (Because of the hashtags, I thought there must be some sort of search available . . . .)

Also it would be cool if there was a member list.  When I want to message someone, again I have to do a search to try and find the last thread they commented on to message them.  

I'm sure you guys have a lot better ideas than I do.  I read, I write, I manage, but I'm not really that technologically savvy honestly.

We can get a search and member list function in. Those make sense to me.

• Like 2

Hmm...i like the idea of profile achievements. Maybe some form of real-time updates on profiles which show your last 10 showdowns.

A visual refresh would be nice. It's a bit dark on the homepage. You want something that's going to excite people when they come to the site. Some electric blue, silver or gold. 

Or perhaps some beautiful women on some pages. You can even use my PP ava. She's pretty cute :-)

• Like 2

Okay ladies, let's try to keep it in our pants. ;)

And the only good advice I can give is to never take my advice. I think you guys are honestly doing a good job with the site. That loyalty program was a nice touch and people seem to be taking a liking to it. It also helps that you and Nex are so level headed. It's nice to chat on a forum and not feel like you have to walk on eggshells.

The only thing I'd do differently is merge the sub-forums. Combine the PC and console sections. Cut the off topic discussion board and just let people use  "general" for anything. I'd imagine it'd have the added benefit of making the site appear like it has heavier foot traffic. Some of the sub-forums have their most recent posts from weeks ago. Might put people off from posting if they think one of their posts is gonna linger in the limelight.

Edited by SevenSideSammy
  • Like 3

On 10/21/2016 at 11:57 PM, ClearConscious said:

Pretty simple question, but what additions would you like to see added to the site.

We're thinking about a visual refresh, invitation system, achievements, and some other stuff.

Have not tested out the invitation system yet, but that should be good once we see an increase of players coming to this site. If not already included, a time zone setting would be great for people to see the calendar in their own time. 

For posters specifically, I find that I have to write the post on MSword first before posting any mid to longest posts. It seems the formatting can sometimes go a bit haywire, so editing would be an important part. Right now, I see some time restrictions in the editing and very short also. Instead of writing more post, one could just add additional content to the original post for a new poster to read also. 

If the editing function would be open rather than closed after a period, then it will be great. 

Following up the great introduction of the loyalty programme, if there is some dashboard in your profile rather than just rep points, that would be great. Additionally, some loyalty programme leaderboard or mainly a place to check the progress of each person/group.

• Like 1

Additionally, if there are already groups such as leagues, they can set up a group on this site and link the group to the calendar events function. Tied to the loyalty programme, the groups may have also a contribution to the site as a whole (of course, only a single group should allow being joined like in PP with the bikers or Italian mafia theme). They add their own individual points to the groups' total points or points claimed while in that group stays. If they leave to another group, those points does not go to another group. 

The group programme than win thins such as avatar designed items in the game for example.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2016 at 5:57 PM, ClearConscious said:

Sounds good. Maybe a shout out box. Also a member update field like on social media. I didn't want to create a whole post about me getting the one million chip achievement. Would have rather just done a quick comment. 

Edited by xXLuckySlydogXx
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2016 at 6:39 AM, xXLuckySlydogXx said:

Sounds good. Maybe a shout out box. Also a member update field like on social media. I didn't want to create a whole post about me getting the one million chip achievement. Would have rather just done a quick comment. 

I would have had a rolling banner across the top of the page when I hit millionaire had that been possible.  (Or at least Nancy would have.)  @ClearConscious maybe when I hit billionaire?  (lol)

On 10/23/2016 at 2:30 AM, Prodigal Gil said:

Have not tested out the invitation system yet, but that should be good once we see an increase of players coming to this site. If not already included, a time zone setting would be great for people to see the calendar in their own time. 

For posters specifically, I find that I have to write the post on MSword first before posting any mid to longest posts. It seems the formatting can sometimes go a bit haywire, so editing would be an important part. Right now, I see some time restrictions in the editing and very short also. Instead of writing more post, one could just add additional content to the original post for a new poster to read also. 

If the editing function would be open rather than closed after a period, then it will be great. 

Following up the great introduction of the loyalty programme, if there is some dashboard in your profile rather than just rep points, that would be great. Additionally, some loyalty programme leaderboard or mainly a place to check the progress of each person/group.

We're working on figuring out a better way to automate the loyalty stuff, as right now a lot of it is manual. That way we can more efficiently track when people hit particular milestones, and having a reward badge/achievement connected with those.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2016 at 7:39 AM, xXLuckySlydogXx said:

Are you talking about a share feature for social media? Or something to connect your existing social media accounts?

On 10/23/2016 at 2:37 AM, Prodigal Gil said:

Additionally, if there are already groups such as leagues, they can set up a group on this site and link the group to the calendar events function. Tied to the loyalty programme, the groups may have also a contribution to the site as a whole (of course, only a single group should allow being joined like in PP with the bikers or Italian mafia theme). They add their own individual points to the groups' total points or points claimed while in that group stays. If they leave to another group, those points does not go to another group. 

The group programme than win thins such as avatar designed items in the game for example.

If people want to create a league, we can create another user group. So if this is something you're interested in let me know, and we can work something out.

On 10/22/2016 at 0:12 PM, SevenSideSammy said:

Okay ladies, let's try to keep it in our pants. ;)

And the only good advice I can give is to never take my advice. I think you guys are honestly doing a good job with the site. That loyalty program was a nice touch and people seem to be taking a liking to it. It also helps that you and Nex are so level headed. It's nice to chat on a forum and not feel like you have to walk on eggshells.

The only thing I'd do differently is merge the sub-forums. Combine the PC and console sections. Cut the off topic discussion board and just let people use  "general" for anything. I'd imagine it'd have the added benefit of making the site appear like it has heavier foot traffic. Some of the sub-forums have their most recent posts from weeks ago. Might put people off from posting if they think one of their posts is gonna linger in the limelight.

Good point on the forum stuff, I went ahead and merged everything where it made sense.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ClearConscious said:

Good point on the forum stuff, I went ahead and merged everything where it made sense.

Looks smooth. Nice work.

And good luck with the event stuff. Don't know how you're gonna get that to take off. Maybe add a weekly preview header right on community page that way people are forced to look at it. Being hidden behind a tab isn't doing it any favors.

8 minutes ago, SevenSideSammy said:

Looks smooth. Nice work.

And good luck with the event stuff. Don't know how you're gonna get that to take off. Maybe add a weekly preview header right on community page that way people are forced to look at it. Being hidden behind a tab isn't doing it any favors.

We'll be re-doing portions of the site to help bring certain features to the fore-front.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClearConscious said:

If people want to create a league, we can create another user group. So if this is something you're interested in let me know, and we can work something out.

Sorry I wasn't clear. What I mean is if you would warrant a section that allows groups to be created, i.e., MPL for example, where members can subscribed to the group, on the calendar, instead of a user setting up the event, the MPL group owner and their (admins) will be able to set up the calendar event with the host as the MPL group. Kind of like if I created the MPL Facebook page, I can allocate subscribed members to represent the group for setting events on behalf of the group. 

I know there are several functions here like, having the group functions, members subcribing, setting admins rights and linking groups to create event on the calendar. 

I just linked up with MIxDrMrDee if you recall, who is also partner of MPL and we were discussing a reboot, but on PS4. It just comes across on PP, PS4 is a more mature crowd than most crazy Xbox One gamers (lol). 

Instead of revamping our current site, not running on anything like drupal, but the old google site still, and I dreaded google spreadsheet and tournament sign up process....I would like to use your calendar function for that leaving out site just for leaderboard and price. We have a new website that also will have MPL merchandise for tournament winning, but also at the moment not sure on how to manage the heats with 6 people table. As you can imagine if 60+ people turn up for a prized tournament (average turn up with old MPL), it will be a nightmare to manage and how do we invite especially with gamertag / PS4 not the same as this site's username! Many things to discuss. I'll PM you on this. We want to reboot Jan 2017.

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Gil said:

Sorry I wasn't clear. What I mean is if you would warrant a section that allows groups to be created, i.e., MPL for example, where members can subscribed to the group, on the calendar, instead of a user setting up the event, the MPL group owner and their (admins) will be able to set up the calendar event with the host as the MPL group. Kind of like if I created the MPL Facebook page, I can allocate subscribed members to represent the group for setting events on behalf of the group. 

I know there are several functions here like, having the group functions, members subcribing, setting admins rights and linking groups to create event on the calendar. 

I just linked up with MIxDrMrDee if you recall, who is also partner of MPL and we were discussing a reboot, but on PS4. It just comes across on PP, PS4 is a more mature crowd than most crazy Xbox One gamers (lol). 

Instead of revamping our current site, not running on anything like drupal, but the old google site still, and I dreaded google spreadsheet and tournament sign up process....I would like to use your calendar function for that leaving out site just for leaderboard and price. We have a new website that also will have MPL merchandise for tournament winning, but also at the moment not sure on how to manage the heats with 6 people table. As you can imagine if 60+ people turn up for a prized tournament (average turn up with old MPL), it will be a nightmare to manage and how do we invite especially with gamertag / PS4 not the same as this site's username! Many things to discuss. I'll PM you on this. We want to reboot Jan 2017.

Go ahead and send me a PM, and we can chat.

• Like 1

What's the feeling about having both a negative & positive reputation counter? We tried this on our previous site and there was varying success, it was a lot more difficult for people to quickly get reputation so it felt more earned, and there's some built in triggers that allowed the community to self moderate content if it was poor.

What are your thoughts?

1 minute ago, ClearConscious said:

What's the feeling about having both a negative & positive reputation counter? We tried this on our previous site and there was varying success, it was a lot more difficult for people to quickly get reputation so it felt more earned, and there's some built in triggers that allowed the community to self moderate content if it was poor.

What are your thoughts?

I dunno.  With all the whining about losing poker hands around here, I'm not sure some of these folks can handle a "dislike".  But if you do decide to go for it, can we call it "smite"?  I would like to "smite" someone.  

6 minutes ago, ClearConscious said:

What are your thoughts?

@Prodigal Gil Your insight would make sense as well given you were a part of the other community as well.

3 hours ago, ClearConscious said:

Are you talking about a share feature for social media? Or something to connect your existing social media accounts?

Something like this from another forum I'm on...

shoutbox.JPG

2 minutes ago, xXLuckySlydogXx said:

Something like this from another forum I'm on...

shoutbox.JPG

We do have status updates on profiles, however each member has to enable them in their settings.

Account Settings ---> Edit Profile --- Enable Status Updates.