Sign in to follow this  
ClearConscious

A thread for finding opponents!

24 posts in this topic

Soda    1

I'm currently under the display name of Drink more water, ive got the professor from futurama as my avatar picture

Oxbentt    38

So until the update were all aware of tournament matchmaking is nearly none existent.

So why doesn't everyone post when they are normally available & timezone & platform along with gamer tag & we might just get 6 player tournaments until the update fixes the issue.

I'm on nearly every evening approx 9pm GMT, Xbox one - Mike Oxbentt

PS4  DirtyDiesel856

Mostlyy live poker. I frequent the Borgata alot during the winter months. Mainly $2/ $5 or $5/ $10 nlh. 

Trying to grasp the online poker scene. Can't figure out the thought process of some of the players and their decisions. In live poker, with 9 people...rarely do more then 3 come along with raises. Yet here....everybody has the nuts...PRE FLOP !!!!!?????? 

HyricanDR    145

They dont care and why would they with 0 money on the line. This is not just online, its free to play

You dont really need to buy chips if average or above, and even if subpar it depends on how much you play as there are free chips.

I get 11k daily cut, so if I was a donkey I could play 2 5k or 10 1k games completely horrible on that alone every day, and more if I get lucky. Also chips from affiliation and dailies on top. 

For a more pokerminded opposition u need to work (Or buy, but Id suggest work) your way to the top of either ranked or high buyins. But even there play will be a little different from 10 real dollar blinds, xD you wont find that here

Finding opponents seems an alternative, but not sure how convenient thats is

Edited by HyricanDR
  • Like 1

Zanatoo    118
9 hours ago, Dirtydiesel856 said:

PS4  DirtyDiesel856

Mostlyy live poker. I frequent the Borgata alot during the winter months. Mainly $2/ $5 or $5/ $10 nlh. 

Trying to grasp the online poker scene. Can't figure out the thought process of some of the players and their decisions. In live poker, with 9 people...rarely do more then 3 come along with raises. Yet here....everybody has the nuts...PRE FLOP !!!!!?????? 

As my friend HyricanDR has pointed out, if you are looking to grasp the online poker scene you've come to the wrong place. Pretend poker and real money poker are two completely different games and can't really be compared at all. Don't be surprised to see the button bet 10x big blinds here and every single player call.  It's a complete crap shoot on most tables most of the time, but good luck! You'll need it! 

• Like 1

I've noticed the play is better at $50k or higher in cash. I'm a platinum in ranked but still see the occasional donk wonder in...and back out within 5 hands lol. 

bigFooteIII    1

I play on Xbox one GT BigFooteIII. Quick question is the club trucker jacket from the affiliation. I need something for the Wednesday boosts. 

ClearConscious    361
10 hours ago, matthewh321 said:

steam name is matthewh321 I got a picture of a skeleton

You can quote people on your preferred platform, and they'll receive a notification :).

rockguy24    45

anybody interested in joining the MPL?   Due to lack of players they are looking for members,  it's  on PS4.

Edited by rockguy24

DaWiz_    101

I recently created the club "Poker Stars" for PS4 players. I'm thinking about trying to gather some players to compete in 50k - 500k (possibly higher) casual tourney games.

If you're interested join the club so we can discuss further.

Edited by DaWiz_

rockguy24    45
On August 7, 2017 at 3:42 AM, DaWiz_ said:

I recently created the club "Poker Stars" for PS4 players. I'm thinking about trying to gather some players to compete in 50k - 500k (possibly higher) casual tourney games.

If you're interested join the club so we can discuss further.

consider me joined, I also joined the club via the club section on this forum.

• Like 1

DaWiz_    101

So far the Poker Stars PSN community is doing well. We have added almost 50 members in a couple of days. Additionally we have held 3 "Battle of the Poker Stars" 100K casual tourney events!!! 

FB_IMG_1502752585370.thumb.jpg.98ae09729257696f73069ca619683912.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DaWiz_    101

The PS4 "Poker Stars" community will be hosting daily 100K Tournaments @ 9pm EST. You can join the Poker Stars Club and the Poker Stars community for more details!

See you at the tables!!!

:A_Spades:

• Like 1

DaWiz_    101

The Poker Stars PS4 community will be hosting a "This Means War" 500K Tourney during ranked off-season. Visit the community for more details. 

Here's a look at the "Battle of the Poker Stars" 100K Tourney: 

See you at the tables!!!!

:A_Spades:

Edited by DaWiz_
  • Thanks 1

DaWiz_    101

The Poker Stars PS4 community needs Event Hosts (mods):

FB_IMG_1505350434317.thumb.jpg.e2dde901b12c3e28c7851201ad8def9b.jpg

Here's some details regarding the community in general:

FB_IMG_1505350424715.thumb.jpg.1bef4c80585f5044b29a15d9559f5457.jpg

We have 200+ players and counting. Come and enjoy some good poker competition!!!

FB_IMG_1505350450053.thumb.jpg.578d133b5beeb3b57d2719bee84466f1.jpg

Edited by DaWiz_