Sign in to follow this  
Warp

People "spamming" table refills

48 posts in this topic

Warp    135

The lack of any sort of feedback is getting really annoying.

Is the purpose of this forum just that users can talk whatever they want, without any supervision or feedback from the developers? Is it hopeless to even try to report problems and post suggestions?

LV_Jag    34

I'm sure the developers will address your concerns soon.  They have other things to do than read a forum all day.  Patience goes a long way.  :)

Farmer John40    161
15 hours ago, Hecubus912 said:

It's been three weeks. They've been silent in other topics too. 

A simple "We're looking into it" might be nice. 

Perhaps it is a new design feature.

• Haha 1

Warp    135

If I'm honest, if this ignoring your users keeps going on, I'm getting tempted to just stop playing the game, completely. (And when I say that, I really mean it, unlike some other people.) It's a matter of principle.

Several times in the past (before this newest update) I have thought if I should just buy some chips. Not because I need them, but just to support the developers. However, this incident, which is still going on, is changing my mind on that. Developers ignoring their users is something that really irritates me (it's one of the reasons why I think very little of Valve; I keep even Microsoft in higher regard than Valve because of this.)

Farmer John40    161
1 hour ago, Warp said:

If I'm honest, if this ignoring your users keeps going on, I'm getting tempted to just stop playing the game, completely. (And when I say that, I really mean it, unlike some other people.) It's a matter of principle.

Several times in the past (before this newest update) I have thought if I should just buy some chips. Not because I need them, but just to support the developers. However, this incident, which is still going on, is changing my mind on that. Developers ignoring their users is something that really irritates me (it's one of the reasons why I think very little of Valve; I keep even Microsoft in higher regard than Valve because of this.)

Warp.

I just took the "ignoring users" comment and did some checking.  There are about half a dozen complainers on this forum.   On this topic there has been 29 post, 15 were negative,  8 from Da Wiz and 7 from you.  On Xbox there are over 26,000 users!  ( per the bankroll leaderboard).  Clear has probably read your complaint, he tends to ignore trolls.  He will act on thoughtful suggestions.  Opinioned rants don't prioritize to high.

As for buying chips to support the devs.   In 2011 a video gamming programmer made about $120k a year.

Pipeworks has several games in various stages of development and production.   Addressing a bug that 4 people are stressing about while 26k users are enjoing what has been provided them is a no-brainer.

• Confused 1

Warp    135

Are you trying to convince me to stop playing this game? Because you are doing a good job at it. I'm sure the developers would appreciate what you are doing.

Hecubus912    202

Some of what is being ignored isn't just complaining though. 

I've asked for clarity on the new matchmaking because it has clearly changed since the update. It'd be nice to know how it works from the horse's mouth rather than guessing. 

It has been weeks. I don't think it is too much to ask. 

• Thanks 1

Wuss^Timmy    3

Also from a marketing perspective the viewpoint that silent users are happy users is a misnomer. The users on this database would be considered power users. They are so engaged as to enter into a secondary community in order to express thier love/concern etc.. with the game. The lack of crossover actually speaks more to Warp and Hec's point. There are 150k + owners of the game on PC with 600 + maxing ever being on and a high average of under 100 per day. The engagement in general isn't holding which speaks to a core issue. Of the 26k that you beleive are engaged in the Xbox what fraction of that percentage entertains the game so much as to reach out to it on this secondary format... etc.. etc..

I am mearly offering perspective here. I dont believe either of you are fully right or wrong. Im just offering perspective.

Farmer John40    161
6 hours ago, Warp said:

Are you trying to convince me to stop playing this game? Because you are doing a good job at it. I'm sure the developers would appreciate what you are doing.

You've already expressed your desire to stop playing the game.  I'm just pointing out that you're the only one complaining while over 60,000+ people are playing the game. 

Yes, I went on PP in Xbox and scrolled to the bottom of the leaderboard, the exact count was 26, 623.  When you're retired and bored, you sometimes do odd things.

Edited by Farmer John40

Warp    135
7 hours ago, LV_Jag said:

Farmer John has a point.

The game won't fall apart if one person stops playing.  xD

Alright. I'll give the developers a week. If they don't respond to this thread in that time (it can be whatever response, it doesn't really matter what, just any response will do), then I'll uninstall the game for good and stop coming to this forum. As a matter of principle.

There are thousands of other games out there for me to play.

• Haha 1

DaWiz_    101

Whatever, I'm just stating facts. If I was retired like you I wouldn't give a damn either.

You throw me under the bus for my critique of the game, but did you count all my positive posts dating back to August 2016? No you didn't.

FYI - I'm on track to have 300 members in my PP PS4 community. Its all good over here.:o

Edited by DaWiz_

DaWiz_    101
20 hours ago, Warp said:

Alright. I'll give the developers a week. If they don't respond to this thread in that time (it can be whatever response, it doesn't really matter what, just any response will do), then I'll uninstall the game for good and stop coming to this forum. As a matter of principle.

There are thousands of other games out there for me to play.

Warp... It's all good man. You ain't gotta do all that.

Farmer John40    161
3 hours ago, DaWiz_ said:

Whatever, I'm just stating facts. If I was retired like you I wouldn't give a damn either.

You throw me under the bus for my critique of the game, but did you count all my positive posts dating back to August 2016? No you didn't.

FYI - I'm on track to have 300 members in my PP PS4 community. Its all good over here.:o

You are one of the true supporters of the game, and if I were on PS 4 I'm sure that I'd ask to join your community.

I don't think of it as "throwing you under the bus" rather I disagree with some of your observations.  Just as you can disagree with mine.

I stopped working on Oct.9, 2000.  And yes, after living on a sailboat for 23 years and cruising outside the US for 10 years, sitting in an apartment playing video games is boring. 

I wish I could join your table, It would be fun.

• Like 1

Farmer John40    161
15 minutes ago, DaWiz_ said:

TBH... I'm just jealous because you're retired. Sounds peaceful.

Forgive me for going off topic here

I sailed in the Caribbean from December of 2001 until May of 2009, solo.  Each  year I'd visit those Islands which were ravaged by Hurricane Irma.  Sailing from Trinidad to Portua Rico and back.  I visited those Islands 14 times, staying 2 weeks to 3 months.

Sad.

• Like 1

Warp    135
5 hours ago, DaWiz_ said:

Warp... It's all good man. You ain't gotta do all that.

Perhaps not, but I'm getting really tired of game developer companies setting up forums and other forms of sending them feedback, and then the developers completely ignoring feedback and request sent to them, without so much as an acknowledgment that it has been received. (As you might guess, this is not the first time.)

Some companies might have the excuse of sheer volume: If they are getting thousands of messages every single day, they can't possibly answer to every single one (unless they are multi-billion-dollar megacorporations of the likes of Microsoft). However, I don't believe this to be the case here. The amount of new messages on this forum is extremely low. There are like 10 new messages even in the busiest of days.

And it's not like I'm asking for much. A simple acknowledgment that somebody has at least read this thread, and the concerns raised in it. Some kind of sign that the developers listen to their users, and care. Is that too much to ask?

DaWiz_    101
8 hours ago, Farmer John40 said:

Forgive me for going off topic here

I sailed in the Caribbean from December of 2001 until May of 2009, solo.  Each  year I'd visit those Islands which were ravaged by Hurricane Irma.  Sailing from Trinidad to Portua Rico and back.  I visited those Islands 14 times, staying 2 weeks to 3 months.

Sad.

I've  sailed through the Bahamas once for three days...

But I was 13 yrs old and I was on a Carnival Cruise.

Does that count? Lol

I felt some of Irma's Tropical Storm here in South Carolina. 

Off subject, but I also witnessed the total solar eclipse here in the Upstate last month. First and last time looking at a total solar eclipse with the naked eye. 

Edited by DaWiz_

Warp    135

I must admit I might have overreacted a bit earlier there. The lack of feedback still irks me, but maybe, as you said, it's not worth doing an empty gesture of "protest" that will most probably not be noticed by anybody.

I'm still a bit undecided, though. We'll see.

Farmer John40    161
11 minutes ago, Warp said:

I must admit I might have overreacted a bit earlier there. The lack of feedback still irks me, but maybe, as you said, it's not worth doing an empty gesture of "protest" that will most probably not be noticed by anybody.

I'm still a bit undecided, though. We'll see.

I posted this  elsewhere but its worth repeating.

Microsoft is releasing a new  version of Xbox in early November,  Xbox One X. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x

This release is in response to the TV manufactures creation of the next generation of TV's, 4k UHDTV.

Pipeworks and 505games are probably  scrambling to get all of their games working on this newest version of Xbox.

Warp    135

Well, it has been a week. No response. Now I'll have to decide if I'm just done with this game, or whether I was just overreacting...